Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2004 Rams at Falcons

31 posts in this topic

Brady Smith, Ed Jasper, Rod Coleman and Patrick Kerney. Talk about an insane D-Line. Three major free agent scores and a home run of a draft pick. 

VTCrunkler likes this

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

The sweetest part for me was trouncing them in the playoffs after having spent so much of my life watching the old NFC West, in which the Rams were pretty much guaranteed to sweep us, and usually in humiliating fashion. 

For the first 15 years or so of their existence, the Falcons were the Rams' beyatches, and simply could not do anything about it. 

Yep. I remember in one of our first seasons the Rams were playing us here and they just slammed the Falcons down the proverbial toilet, 63-7. They was no confusion about whether or not they were trying to run up the score and humiliate the team.

So nice when Payback comes around like 2004 vs the Lambs. And speaking of Payback, felt the same when we beat the dog poop out of Green Bay in the last game at the Dome. How sweet it was!

12 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

What a game.  Nobody gave us a chance to win, which made it all the sweeter.  I remember when Brady Smith sacked Bulger in the end zone I thought Bulger was dead. :lol:

I don't remember that being the case. The Falcons were 11-5 that year while the Rams were a lowly 8-8 and had lost to the Falcons early in the season in another game that wasn't particularly close.

17 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Brady Smith, Ed Jasper, Rod Coleman and Patrick Kerney. Talk about an insane D-Line. Three major free agent scores and a home run of a draft pick. 

I remember when the Falcons signed Brady Smith from the Saints and of course my natural reaction was "why the Falcons want this Saints piece of trash?" LOL!! Glad they did. Smith and Kerney on the outside made quite the pair. Then we made him better by bringing in Rod Coleman from the Raiders. Ed Jasper was good too. There's a reason the Falcons had the most sacks in the NFL that year.