Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2004 Rams at Falcons

31 posts in this topic

I was there!  This is my only playoff game I've been to. It was a marked difference I crowd noise than during the regular season.  I had also been to a game several weeks prior to this one and you could hear a pin drop in the dome. 

But this game got loud. 

gkgrimes and brando27 like this

Allen Rossum return was one of my favorite moments. But this was one of my all time favorite games. 

This was the song that was played in the opening.

I was there for the 49ers game in NFCCG and that was really loud, so if its been louder than that, than wow

Ergo Proxy likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm always looking for old games on YouTube and just found one that I hadn't come across before!!

I was at that game.  I remember two things.

1.  We beat the brakes off of the Rams.

2. I could not hear my dad that was sitting next to me.  I have never heard the dome that loud that long before.

I had season tickets at the time, and that game was really something special.  It was so incredibly loud and the aura of the dome was unlike anything I had experienced up until that point.

We actually had 3 Ram fans sitting on our row, and I almost felt sorry for them when they started packing up to leave...we absolutely crushed them that night.

VTCrunkler likes this

The sweetest part for me was trouncing them in the playoffs after having spent so much of my life watching the old NFC West, in which the Rams were pretty much guaranteed to sweep us, and usually in humiliating fashion. 

For the first 15 years or so of their existence, the Falcons were the Rams' beyatches, and simply could not do anything about it. 

PokerSteve, VTCrunkler and papachaz like this

Up until our SB run...that was the most fun I've had watching a Falcon playoff game ever.  Yeah, we almost made it in 2012 but it was stressful as heck.  This game was just so much fun to watch.

rounz and ratesforless like this

I keep bringing up this game as being one of the greatest moments I ever experienced being a Falcons fan. If it wasn't the Rams, whom I couldn't stand from them always trying to run up the score back in their heyday, I would've felt sorry for the opposing team.

If Matt Ryan ever wanted to complain about lack of protection in front of him, send him a tape of this game where poor Marc Bulger was literally running for his life after the snap. I thought that Brady Smith had killed him on that safety where he got that huge jump on the snap. In the second half, it was like effin TecmoBowl where the other guy predicts your play and the whole world comes blitzing.

Fun times that night. Thanks for sharing...

billy dee.jpg

Had season tickets that season but because I live in Virginia I only made it to two games.....both Rams games.   This was the only game I ever attended with my first wife.  Poor Marc Bulger just got devastated by Brady Smith at the end of this game.....I think that play changed Marc Bulger forever....he played scared for the rest of his career.

john_winger likes this