Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Kyler Murray to sign $5M contract with A's but still play QB for Oklahoma this fall

12 posts in this topic

NCAA is so heIl bent on "amateurism" and handing out ridiculous punishments to college athletes for doing things like signing with an agent, yet Kyler Murray can still play college football despite having signed a professional baseball contract? How the heIl does that work?

Link

6 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was wondering the same thing.  

Apparently you can accept money for a different sport, just not the one you're playing. That's downright silly. What difference does that make?

Wow, Talk about a loophole.  If I am a booster for a certain school, I can start a league playing badger widget and “draft” whoever I want and pay them whatever I want as a signing bonus for their future badger widget “participation” and then wait for them to finish their collegiate career. 

I am sure Clemson has already started a badger widget sports league by the time this comment posts.

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. Especially in cases like Jeremy Bloom's. Or that UCF kicker and his youtube videos.

that is why this is such horse crap..  if they were consistent no one would really care that this was allowed, but when you go after people for far less this makes allowing this such crap. 

I think this is how the system should work (beneficial to the student athlete), but just more of the same inconsistency from the NCAA. I don't get them.

Kyler Murray is going to be wishing he left though after Kiffin and FAU finish with them week 1...

5 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

that is why this is such horse crap..  if they were consistent no one would really care that this was allowed, but when you go after people for far less this makes allowing this such crap. 

Yep. Downright ridiculous!!

36 minutes ago, Carter said:

Good for him. 

NCAA is still a giant bag of lame contradictions though. 

81ZsL+DSfzL._SY445_.jpg

I definitely want to clarify that more recent comments have done a better job of projecting my sentiment. Great for the kid. NCAA must realize the ridiculous double standard.