Jump to content

Just call me Lord Stanley


Recommended Posts

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS...FUGG YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewFalcon said:

Very happy for the Caps!  Took them freaking forever but at least they'll never again be considered choking dogs!  Nicely done Caps!

LAS VEGAS, NV - JUNE 07:  Alex Ovechkin #8 of the Washington Capitals reacts after his team defeated the Vegas Golden Knights 4-3 in Game Five of the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Final at T-Mobile Arena on June 7, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.  (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
 

It is without a doubt, the greatest trophy in all of sport.  Many reasons why:

1) Laps: Every player on the winning team does a lap with the trophy, captain first.  Nice that every player gets to experience those moments of personal glory, shared with the team

2) Inscription: Every individual player from a team that has won the Cup is inscribed on the cup.  The children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and generations until the cup becomes so large it can no longer be hoisted, can find their ancestors name on the cup.   Rings are sold.  Names are forgotten.  The inscriptions are forever.

3) A day with the Cup:  Each player gets their very own day with the Trophy.  Which is cool for the player.  More cool for the player's family and friends who typically get to party with the player and the cup.  Not so cool for those charged with sanitizing the cup . . . there are stories.

4) There is one cup.  The cup hoisted by the originals is part of the same cup hoisted by the Capitals.   You don't keep the Cup.  The Cup, the ONLY CUP, stays with each year's champion.

I already knew all that stuff, but here's some of that and more:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS...FUGG YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps off please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps off caps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps offcaps off caps off caps off please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

You're a weird little man. Besides, you cannot take away Lord Stanley ( @WhenFalconsWin ) championship cup. If it was an attempt at humor? Like most other things, you are just not good at it. Oh, that goes for your friend Trout as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

You're a weird little man. Besides, you cannot take away Lord Stanley ( @WhenFalconsWin ) championship cup. If it was an attempt at humor? Like most other things, you are just not good at it. Oh, that goes for your friend Trout as well.

OK...l'm staging an intervention here before we have another Waffle House showdown.  It was clearly humor. FWIW, "caps off"made me smile as much as your initial all "CAPS" post.  Let it go. Nothing to see here.  

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.:tiphat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something about the thread title is feeding my obsession. Punctuated, should it be "Just call. Me Lord Stanley" (kind of a Tarzan-y thing to say), "Just call me, Lord Stanley" or "Just call me 'Lord', Stanley"? Either one works and evokes an interesting convo in a novel or play. What's the context?

 

Anyways, congrats. Enjoy the win and the celebration. Hope you add one from the NFL in February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Something about the thread title is feeding my obsession. Punctuated, should it be "Just call. Me Lord Stanley" (kind of a Tarzan-y thing to say), "Just call me, Lord Stanley" or "Just call me 'Lord', Stanley"? Either one works and evokes an interesting convo in a novel or play. What's the context?

 

Anyways, congrats. Enjoy the win and the celebration. Hope you add one from the NFL in February.

Love it.  

A few years ago a bunch of us were in a very nice restaurant for a business dinner where they had hand-written menu inserts to show the daily specials. Among the specials that evening was "Fresh baby squash".  I collected all 8 of our menus, pulled out my pen and changed all of them to "Fresh baby, squashed".  Would have loved to have seen the expression on the face of the next person who received that menu. :munch:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Caps players live all around me, I suspect I will be getting an opportunity to see the "cup" in person sooner rather than later. 

I've always wanted to see the Cup in person. To have a picture of me with Ovi and the Cup would be freaking awesome!  Planning to be in the metro-DC area the first week of July, hoping that the cup might be in the area for a photo op!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NewFalcon said:

I've always wanted to see the Cup in person. To have a picture of me with Ovi and the Cup would be freaking awesome!  Planning to be in the metro-DC area the first week of July, hoping that the cup might be in the area for a photo op!

I would suspect by then it will either be at the Capital One arena or the Kettler Center (the Caps practice arena) at (Ballston Mall) in Arlington, VA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I would suspect by then it will either be at the Capital One arena or the Kettler Center (the Caps practice arena) at (Ballston Mall) in Arlington, VA.

Hope you're right.  I'm staying in Arlington near Courthouse but Ballston is only one Metro stop away!  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NewFalcon said:

Love it.  

A few years ago a bunch of us were in a very nice restaurant for a business dinner where they had hand-written menu inserts to show the daily specials. Among the specials that evening was "Fresh baby squash".  I collected all 8 of our menus, pulled out my pen and changed all of them to "Fresh baby, squashed".  Would have loved to have seen the expression on the face of the next person who received that menu. :munch:

That's just messed up. Sounds like something that I'd consider but never have the sober balls to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2018 at 6:14 PM, NewFalcon said:

Hope you're right.  I'm staying in Arlington near Courthouse but Ballston is only one Metro stop away!  

 

That's right. If my opportunity presents itself I will announce it on here.

Update: My grand niece was at Don Tito's (Arlington Virginia) where the Caps had a roof top party and she saw the cup, which was in their presence of course.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...