roguebeaver

Most hated teams by Atlanta fans for the last 40 years!

53 posts in this topic

Tier 1.

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

SF 49’ers

NE Patriots

Philly Eagles

Tier 2

NOLA Saints

GB Packers

Carolina Panthers 

TB Bucs

Tier 3

Every other swing dcik team 

Did I miss any for tier 1?

capitan likes this

Saints should always be #1.

Bucs are rivals, but it hasn't been the same since the days of Sapp, Brooks, and Gruden. Panthers seem like the little brother that gives you fits, but they aren't your archrival.

I hate the Cowboys. They have been living off of the 70's and 90's and are still arrogant like they are currently a dynasty or constant contender.

I hate Bronco-face Elway more than the Broncos themselves.

Most NFL fans that aren't from Massachusetts or on their bandwagon hate the Pats.

Hated the Eagles under Andy Reid. Not so much under Doug Pederson.

Niners can rot in heII.

Tier 1.

AINTS ALWAYS AND FOREVER

SF 49’ers

Carolina Panthers 

TB Bucs

Tier 2

NE Patriots

Philly Eagles

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

GB Packers

Thats how my 2 tiers would have went with the teams you listed and honestly wouldn't be to far off my actual list with probably the Pats and Broncos removed form the tier 2.

Professional sports is just a unique brand of professional entertainment and there should be not "hate" for a professional organization just trying to do their job.

LOVE/HATE  should left behind at High School and College rivalries

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Tier 1.

AINTS ALWAYS AND FOREVER

SF 49’ers

Carolina Panthers 

TB Bucs

Tier 2

NE Patriots

Philly Eagles

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

GB Packers

Thats how my 2 tiers would have went with the teams you listed and honestly wouldn't be to far off my actual list with probably the Pats and Broncos removed form the tier 2.

This is closer to the truth. Not sure there is a much of a rivalry with the Pats and Broncos (outside of them beating us in the SB). There is probably more of a rivalvry with Seahawks than those franchises tbh.

I base my dislike for other teams based on how obnoxious their fans are.

Therefore,

1. New Orleans

2. San Francisco

3 - 32.  The rest.

edit:  I guess that should be 3 - 31.  I don't hate the Falcons B)

roguebeaver likes this

F the Saints. F them.

F Aaron Rodgers too, but we've OWNED his whining a$$ so moving on...

Sapp and Booger used to come out on our field and kick over pylons and act the fool but the Bucs are a shadow of that intimidating team so...(Deion Jones is OUR Derrick Brooks...just sayin')

F Can't Newton, he's a poser and a poor sport, F him

F Tom Brady and the Patriots because my life is incomplete until we beat them so badly that Brady starts whining to the refs like Rodgers does when we are spanking his hiney and he can no longer think of any original comebacks to Alford's "Your Momma" comments...F them

13 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Tier 1

Saints

Saints

Tier 2

Saints

Saints

Tier 3

Sean Payton

Heath Evans

Tier 4

Orlando Ledbetter

Yep , what he said , I'd plus 10 this if I could. 

MoFalconsFan56 and #31 like this

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

The more challenging question would be what are the teams we like or hate the least?

Miami and Arizona.

I was born in Florida when there was only the Dolphins, then moved to Georgia.  Back in the early '70s,

Falcons home games were almost always blacked out locally, and we got just about every Dolphins game on TV, so I grew up a big fan, and they still would be my #2 team. 

I also find myself rooting for the Cardinals because I get to Arizona every once in a while and I love the Phoenix area, and the desert surrounding it.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Miami and Arizona.

I was born in Florida when there was only the Dolphins, then moved to Georgia.  Back in the early '70s,

Falcons home games were almost always blacked out locally, and we got just about every Dolphins game on TV, so I grew up a big fan, and they still would be my #2 team. 

I also find myself rooting for the Cardinals because I get to Arizona every once in a while and I love the Phoenix area, and the desert surrounding it.

I love the Phoenix area and the desert too. Love going out there.:tiphat:

octoslash likes this

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Tier 1.

AINTS ALWAYS AND FOREVER

SF 49’ers

Carolina Panthers 

TB Bucs

Tier 2

NE Patriots

Philly Eagles

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

GB Packers

Agreed.  

I don't know why Philadelphia and Green Bay are on this list. Other than their fans... Philly's in particular. But we used to always beat the Eagles, especially the year we were on our way to the Super Bowl, and lost to Dallas in the 4th quarter. We'd have played Philly in the NFCCG, and we'd have beaten them pretty badly... we always did back then!

And Green Bay, as someone above mentioned, we've whipped them every time we've played them I think...

6 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

The more challenging question would be what are the teams we like or hate the least?

In the NFC I'd say perhaps Arizona and Detroit are the ones I dislike the least. Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson were incredibly fun to watch in Detroit, and Arizona reminds me of pre-Matt Ryan falcons. The second most hapless franchise besides the bucks historically, (we are the third worst) so I guess I kinda feel a kinship towards another struggling team that isn't in our division.

AFC would have to be the Texans, due to the Schaub days (felt like I was watching the Falcons in an alternate reality), Jaguars, and Raiders.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

19 hours ago, Malachore said:

List was wrong as soon as every entry wasn't the Saints.

I agree whole heartedly with you ... maybe a case for the cowboys team from 1980 ... Atlanta had the best team in the NFL that year but we threw it all away in the last 2 min of the playoff game  (you already know the game), still makes me mad