Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

T.O. To Skip HOF Induction

198 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, papachaz said:

exactly. but I mean he's the only guy in the history of the league to not get in the first year he's eligible, so there's that  B)B)

I can’t think of any CLEAR 1st ballad player that didn’t get in on the 1st ballad. Did Warren Sapp get in 1st ballad? 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

So that means he isn’t good at doing something he rarely has to do. If he had to do it all the time and it was consistent of him not being able to do it then you can tell me he’s bad at it all day long. Reminder I originally mentioned that he could have been like moss as far as catching the deep ball goes if he had a qb with a strong arm like culpepper. I never said anything about jump balls 

Most deep ball receivers (especially ones with size) catch a lot of contested balls.  So that means a lot of jump balls, a lot of cutting under DBs, a lot of high pointing the ball.  Larry Fitzgerald style.

If you just meant with a scrambling strong armed QB Julio might get behind defenses more...sure.

But to be Moss level deep threat, which is what this was about...he'd need both the speed to get behind guys, and the timing and gumbyish body control to go up and get the ball.

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I can’t think of any CLEAR 1st ballad player that didn’t get in on the 1st ballad. Did Warren Sapp get in 1st ballad? 

Yes he did.

32 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

If you just meant with a scrambling strong armed QB Julio might get behind defenses more...sure.

Well that’s kinda what I said lol 

5 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

TO got snubbed because of the VOTERS. PERIOD!!! The hall is ONLY about what the player did on the field. Him not being a 1st ballad is a personal grudge from sportswriters. They tend to not vote players in that they deemed unfriendly to the media. Here’s what’s bad. They’ve voted wife beaters into the hall 1st ballad. Drug addicts 1st ballad. Unliked players 1st ballad. But as long as they were friendly to the media no problem. The hall ahoukd ONLY reflect what said player did on the field. That’s what the hall is about. 

1. Did the player dominate his position 

2. Does he have the numbers 

3. Can you talk about the game without mentioning said player. 

Thats it. Nothing else matters. That’s the hall criteria. If antics and OFF field issues affect voting that should include that in the hall bylaws. As of now those are not included in what should keep a player out. If they are gonna vote that way vote that way for EVERYBODY not just the ones that wasn’t media friendly. 

Dude, stop making excuses for TO. He is responsible for his own actions and how he carried himself. His decision alone. They didn't just hand pick him out of every other player for no reason. He did his thing and the way he wanted. They did the same. He was a great WR, I always liked him, but sometimes there are responses to your actions that you don't like.  His actions are his choice, voting is theirs.

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Dude, stop making excuses for TO. He is responsible for his own actions and how he carried himself. His decision alone. They didn't just hand pick him out of every other player for no reason. He did his thing and the way he wanted. They did the same. He was a great WR, I always liked him, but sometimes there are responses to your actions that you don't like.  His actions are his choice, voting is theirs.

1)  He is not making excuses for TO

2)  His point, which is 100% correct, is the HoF should be based on what the player did through his career on the field not "actions" that were made off the field. 

If he was one of the greats, which he absolutely was, who cares what he did off the field?  Who cares that he was an attention whore?  Who cares that he did crunches in his driveway?  We aren't talking about some drug abuser or rapist...the dude was cocky and arrogant.  When Sunday's rolled around, TO was absolutely dominant.  Not voting a deserving player in strictly because some uppity old dudes have a personal gripe with the way a player composed himself tells me that those uppity old dudes should probably not be able to vote because they clearly are missing the scope.

15 minutes ago, athell said:

2)  His point, which is 100% correct, is the HoF should be based on what the player did through his career on the field not "actions" that were made off the field. 

If he was one of the greats, which he absolutely was, who cares what he did off the field?  Who cares that he was an attention whore?  Who cares that he did crunches in his driveway?  We aren't talking about some drug abuser or rapist...the dude was cocky and arrogant.  When Sunday's rolled around, TO was absolutely dominant.  Not voting a deserving player in strictly because some uppity old dudes have a personal gripe with the way a player composed himself tells me that those uppity old dudes should probably not be able to vote because they clearly are missing the scope.

My friend understood my point. Thanks brother. 

athell likes this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I don't know if I understand what you mean by first ballot player?? there are a lot of guys through the history of the league didn't get in their first year of eligibility aren't there? because they throw out a long list of names, then narrow it down a couple times, right?

Slappywhite likes this

I’m just trying to figure out how in the **** can someone say he’s 6-7 greatest of all time. Foh. I know opinions are opinions but that’s just straight *** silly 

15 minutes ago, athell said:

Problem is, TO's problems were not off the field. He was a problem everywhere he went. He was a problem for the team in both situation.  Being a good part of a team is part of football. The way you treat the media is too. Everyone can cry all they want, it's a result he caused. It may not be fair ,but life isn't fair. 

Slappywhite likes this

6 hours ago, Peyton said:

Terrell Owens has always struck me as a very unhappy person.  I hope before his days are done that he finds peace.

#Bourdained

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Tommy Nobis who is still ommitted , not sure if you ( age ) ever got to see him play , but thats a crime . 

Vandy and TheFatboi like this

14 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Tommy Nobis who is still ommitted , not sure if you ( age ) ever got to see him play , but thats a crime . 

Never saw Nobis Play. Heard he was the truth by my dad and other day 1 falcons fans. I need to watch highlights of him. 

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Never saw Nobis Play. Heard he was the truth by my dad and other day 1 falcons fans. I need to watch highlights of him. 

D!ck Butkus once said that Tommy Nobis was better than him and the only difference between the two was that Butkus played for the Bears and got the national attention he deserved while Nobis was on horrible Falcon teams and didn't get the attention he deserved.

Vandy, TheFatboi and Slappywhite like this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

D!ck Butkus once said that Tommy Nobis was better than him and the only difference between the two was that Butkus played for the Bears and got the national attention he deserved while Nobis was on horrible Falcon teams and didn't get the attention he deserved.

That’s big. And I know more about Butkus simply because he played for the bears. 

15 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

It would be better than a bunch of guys that never played the game. Never went to war with a brother and hold grudges because he didn’t feel he was treated well by a player or he didn’t give him good interviews. 

Exactly and like I said before get rid of all the agenda and bias out of deciding someone legacy.and cris carter lost respect from me after that tweet he sent out Bout t.o. not being there.it gets under my skin to see grown *** men be petty like that.i know him and t.o. got beef but still.

assuming he’s going to sit down with Deion to give his explanation. Gotta click on the link to know what Deion said in case anyone is clueless

On 6/7/2018 at 2:23 PM, Peyton said:

This is why the guy couldn't find a job at the end of his career even though he could clearly still play.  Dude is non stop drama, he just can't help it.

Nail/Head! My thoughts exactly. Dude fought and lobbied his azz to death to get in and what...now he just isn't gonna show?  SUPER glad he's influencing our star WR right now.

17 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Problem is, TO's problems were not off the field. He was a problem everywhere he went. He was a problem for the team in both situation.  Being a good part of a team is part of football. The way you treat the media is too. Everyone can cry all they want, it's a result he caused. It may not be fair ,but life isn't fair. 

Problem to whom?  Many of his teammates came out in support and defense of TO.  TO had a bit of diva in him.  Brought flare.  No one can dispute that, but TO was not a bad teammate, not a locker room cancer, and produced every single spot he landed including his final year in Cincy netting nearly 1000 yards and 9 TDs.

To be honest, screw the media.  Most of them never played.  Or never played past pee wee.  Why should a player at the pinnacle of his profession care what someone who isn't has to say about him?  The root of the problem here, yet again, is the media has far too much influence and power.

TO's career and all time rankings speak for themself.  Neither they, nor TO, need the media to speak for them or him.  The fact that now multiple voters have come out and said they would not vote TO if they knew he wouldn't attend shows just how broken and flawed the system is.  It ain't about fair.  It's about common sense.

Vandy likes this