Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

T.O. To Skip HOF Induction

198 posts in this topic

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

These two things arent mutually exclusive. TO unequivocally made the Eagles offense a better unit. They also were able to sustain success when he missed time. However, the games in which TO didnt play were pretty comfortably the worst games the Eagles offense put on the board that season. Well...the regular season games. 

Well there was only two, and Koy Detmer started one of them.

It is true that the Eagles scored a few more points the season after TO arrived.  Twelve to be exact. I'm not arguing that he isn't an impactful player.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What about the way he defended Tony Romo when everyone was going after him? No one remembers that. What more do you want from a great teammate?

A year later he was openly whining about Romo throwing too many passes to Whitten and accusing them of drawing up secret plays to exclude him.  

The fact that at least one voter has come out and said if he had known ahead of time TO would not show up to the ceremony that he would not have voted for him...tells me all I need to know and plants me firmly on #TeamTO

RING OF HONOR likes this

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I dont think Julio is great at playing the ball in the air at all, TBH. If anything, I think its probably the weakest part of his game. He constantly struggles to track the ball in the air. And while we can nitpick the "arm strength/trajectory" stuff with Matt, those "issues" (which are super overstated) are made significantly more noticeable because Julio isnt as great at tracking the ball as he could be. 

But he's absurd before and after the catch and insane on the boundaries. He's pretty terrific. 

I don't know, that catch he made against the Colts as a rookie begs to differ. The catch he had over Luke Kuechly in 2015 bigs to differ. Now, Roddy, Roddy had trouble tracking the ball in the air, as shown by how far he missed making the catch against the Saints in 2012 that would have kept the Falcons undefeated season alive.

Slappywhite likes this

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I dont think Julio is great at playing the ball in the air at all, TBH. If anything, I think its probably the weakest part of his game. He constantly struggles to track the ball in the air. And while we can nitpick the "arm strength/trajectory" stuff with Matt, those "issues" (which are super overstated) are made significantly more noticeable because Julio isnt as great at tracking the ball as he could be. 

But he's absurd before and after the catch and insane on the boundaries. He's pretty terrific. 

This is exactly correct.  I don't know why saying "this guy is amazing but that's not his strength" is downplaying someone.

You can think your wife is the most amazing woman in the world.  It doesn't mean she makes the best lasagna, has the prettiest nose, is the smartest, and has the best toes.

We all have our plusses and minuses.

Slappywhite likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't know, that catch he made against the Colts as a rookie begs to differ. The catch he had over Luke Kuechly in 2015 bigs to differ. Now, Roddy, Roddy had trouble tracking the ball in the air, as shown by how far he missed making the catch against the Saints in 2012 that would have kept the Falcons undefeated season alive.

I dont think hes incapable of ever playing the ball in the air. But on balance, it isnt a strength. And as much as cool highlight plays are awesome, they dont establish a trend. 

He too frequently takes multi-vector routes toward the catch point. He too frequently ends up on the ground after making a longball catch. For as physically dominant as he can be, that catch over Luke is far too rare in his reel. Maybe thats a function of the way the QB plays but he simply doesnt have the bulk of plays winning in the air the way that some of his peers do. And thats fine....because he has strengths that those peers dont have. 

59 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I have to disagree with that. Julio is great at playing the ball in the air but I've never seen anyone make the plays on the ball while in the air that Moss made look routine.

But you have never had to see Julio do it either. Only game I can think of was the game winner against Carolina where he jumped over the linebacker

1 hour ago, athell said:

The fact that at least one voter has come out and said if he had known ahead of time TO would not show up to the ceremony that he would not have voted for him...tells me all I need to know and plants me firmly on #TeamTO

Fortunately it's not an either/or situation; I can't stand T.O.  or  the voters.  B)

24 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But you have never had to see Julio do it either. Only game I can think of was the game winner against Carolina where he jumped over the linebacker

There are plenty of deep ball plays where Julio hasn't adjusted to the ball well and timed his jump right.  There are way more of those than plays where he played it well and jumped up and grabbed a contested ball.  That's a Hopkins/Green strength, not so much Julio.

However, he's amazing at overpowering defenders at the line, taking a slant to the house, being a deep threat who can get behind people, and being surprisingly good at the sideline toe tap.

1 hour ago, athell said:

And that tells me whoever said that needs to be stripped of his power too.straight bias and agenda.much like you I am teamTO I'd feel very robbed and like certain individuals had it out for me in the voting..whoever can say what they want but the numbers don't lie.he deserved to be 1st ballot 

athell likes this

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

He should run a contest to find another person named Terrell Owens and send that person in his place. That would be funny. If the guy is white, even funnier.

Lol....I think he should find a network willing to televise his party...now that would be funny

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol....I think he should find a network willing to televise his party...now that would be funny

"Tonight at nine, it's the TERRELL OWENS HALL OF FUN CEREMONY!"

RING OF HONOR likes this

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Definitely not writers...h€ll they've spent their entire careers being wrong over half the time....lol

Lmao exactly did rather the players vote for the players.they played they know what it's like to go to war and maybe they will take the voting alot more serious than these writers that just spend years vilifying players and spreading agenda.

RING OF HONOR likes this

35 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

There are plenty of deep ball plays where Julio hasn't adjusted to the ball well and timed his jump right.  There are way more of those than plays where he played it well and jumped up and grabbed a contested ball.  That's a Hopkins/Green strength, not so much Julio.

However, he's amazing at overpowering defenders at the line, taking a slant to the house, being a deep threat who can get behind people, and being surprisingly good at the sideline toe tap.

When were these plays?

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

When were these plays?

Well I can think of two really high profile plays where Julio didn't track the ball that well.  One where he was open by 15 yards and lost his balance as the ball was coming down in Carolina, and although it wasn't a deep ball, he jumped too early on the last play of the season.  Not trying to hate on Julio, just a couple of examples.

TO's post declining the ceremony is classy and respectful.  I have no problem with him not wanting to attend the ceremony, and I completely disagree with anyone saying he's being a hypocrite about not attending the ceremony after stumping for so long to be inducted.

He felt he deserved to be in the HoF (deservedly), and said so.  He's a Hall of Famer regardless of the ceremony.

Terrell Owens has always struck me as a very unhappy person.  I hope before his days are done that he finds peace.

16 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Well I can think of two really high profile plays where Julio didn't track the ball that well.  One where he was open by 15 yards and lost his balance as the ball was coming down in Carolina, and although it wasn't a deep ball, he jumped too early on the last play of the season.  Not trying to hate on Julio, just a couple of examples.

So that means he isn’t good at doing something he rarely has to do. If he had to do it all the time and it was consistent of him not being able to do it then you can tell me he’s bad at it all day long. Reminder I originally mentioned that he could have been like moss as far as catching the deep ball goes if he had a qb with a strong arm like culpepper. I never said anything about jump balls 

On 6/7/2018 at 2:23 PM, Peyton said:

This is why the guy couldn't find a job at the end of his career even though he could clearly still play.  Dude is non stop drama, he just can't help it.

exactly. but I mean he's the only guy in the history of the league to not get in the first year he's eligible, so there's that  B)B)

Peyton likes this

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I mean maybe a committee of current former players?? 

It would be better than a bunch of guys that never played the game. Never went to war with a brother and hold grudges because he didn’t feel he was treated well by a player or he didn’t give him good interviews. 

RoddyWhite84 likes this