Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

T.O. To Skip HOF Induction

198 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

He is going to regret this looking back. 

Why? He’s not the type to regret anything in life. You can’t live life with regrets. I think he will be celebrated for it later. He’s in. There shouldn’t be a regret about not going to the induction. 

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think the first set of pettiness was from the voters. TO was CLEARLY a first ballad HOF’er. Yet they chose to snub because he wasn’t friendly to the press. At the end of the day no matter what off field issues anybody had it’s about WHAT THEY DID ON THE FIELD!! And if it’s about anything other than that they should specify that in the hall bylaws. But since there’s no such thing in place the voters should’ve voted him in solely based on his field of play. You can call it petty on his part but that started the pettiness and I don’t blame him at all. 

One things for certain and two things for sure. He’s in the hall and there’s nothing they can do about it. He gave them his @ss to kiss and got the last laugh. Congrats TO!!! 

I mentioned that the voters were petty too in a later post and that T.O. had the opportunity to prove everyone wrong about his character but instead he just reinforced everyone's beliefs about it.

TheFatboi and Slappywhite like this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

and no one is holding that against him except you and people looking to find something bad to say about him. From what I saw he told no lies about Garcia and McNabb. I guess it's a problem for you that he spoke his mind. People always spoke their minds about him so why can't he do the same?

And THATS what ppl can’t stand. Because he always told the truth and didn’t just monkey shuffle and say yesah, nosah boss and shut up and play. Every player I heard talk about TO said he was a great teammate except for McNabb and Garcia. But mcnabb even got into it with other teammates if his so maybe mcnabb wasn’t that great of a teammate. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I mentioned that the voters were petty too in a later post and that T.O. had the opportunity to prove everyone wrong about his character but instead he just reinforced everyone's beliefs about it.

Nah he didn’t reinforce everyone’s beliefs because I don’t feel that way and from what I’ve seen it’s some others on the board and across the world that feelbyhe same we feel. The only ones that feel like that way are the ones that want players to shut up and play. Not saying that’s you but that’s the general consensus. There are PLENTY off @ssholes in the hall and still went in on the first ballad. Ppl make their minds up based on what they see and hear in the media. Being in a business where there’s always a camera in for face I understand this first hand and how it can be conceived to make you look a certain way to the public. Sound bytes taken out of context, making a non issue and issue. Controversy sells and as long as fans buy into drama there will always be the “bad guy” like TO. 

red falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Nah he didn’t reinforce everyone’s beliefs because I don’t feel that way and from what I’ve seen it’s some others on the board and across the world that feelbyhe same we feel. The only ones that feel like that way are the ones that want players to shut up and play. Not saying that’s you but that’s the general consensus. There are PLENTY off @ssholes in the hall and still went in on the first ballad. Ppl make their minds up based on what they see and hear in the media. Being in a business where there’s always a camera in for face I understand this first hand and how it can be conceived to make you look a certain way to the public. Sound bytes taken out of context, making a non issue and issue. Controversy sells and as long as fans buy into drama there will always be the “bad guy” like TO. 

Here's my stance on T.O. right here in case you didn't see it.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Honestly, I would hope folks would remember how dominant a player he was. A guy that made Jerry Rice dispensable in San Francisco. The catch he made in the 1998 playoffs to beat the Packers. The game he had against the Bears with over 20 catches in 2001. The insane recovery from the broken leg so he could play in the Super Bowl. But he'll also be remembered for the popcorn thing, the running to the star thing, the sit-ups in his drive way thing just as much.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You and I both know that's the way the world works. T.O. never really caused any problems. He wasn't a druggy. He didn't kill people. He didn't get DUI's. He didn't get accused of abuse. He didn't do anything. Folks have always made him out to be far worst than he ever was.

ya_boi_j and TheFatboi like this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's my stance on T.O. right here in case you didn't see it.

See you know that’s its about what he did on the field. And that’s all that should matter when it comes to Hall voters. All the rest is just noise. Doesn’t matter. He was a great player his entire career. All that matters bro. There’s players that were drug addicts their entire career and the world knew it but still got in on the first ballad. Guys that beat their wives. Still first ballad. Guys that his teammates couldn’t stand but still got in first ballad. 

15 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And THATS what ppl can’t stand. Because he always told the truth and didn’t just monkey shuffle and say yesah, nosah boss and shut up and play. Every player I heard talk about TO said he was a great teammate except for McNabb and Garcia. But mcnabb even got into it with other teammates if his so maybe mcnabb wasn’t that great of a teammate. 

Funny how certain players are always brought down by fans and others have zero skeletons of their own. Guess those people only go with what’s overblown on ESPN. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Funny how certain players are always brought down by fans and others have zero skeletons of their own. Guess those people only go with what’s overblown on ESPN. 

Exactly. If it comes on the trick box they believe it. 

ya_boi_j and red falcon like this

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

They won't.  A lot of people already don't remember that.

Now thats crazy. I saw the madden promos showing TO was going to becin the gm the 1st thing that came to mind was that hes going to be a beast. Hes not that bad compared to the ones who beat on their spouces. When it comes to issues T.O. has nothing on the guys in this day in age.

Most are complaining about his antics, guy was an entertainer.  Some just dont like that.

T.O. gonna T.O. Why that still bothers yall is beyond me.

Been watching the NFL since the 60s. Make no mistake about it, that mofo was an as beater.

One of the best. Closest Madden Era likeness is Julio Jones.

Julio needs to step it up though.

Hopefully T.O. put some knowledge on him last month.

red falcon likes this

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Lol you took it there i feel you though. T.O. could have played on the team i was a fan of anyday.  When i saw he broke his leg and still played in th SB that blew my mind. I loved him and irvin. Moss kinda got on my nerves as a player. I thought he was soft but i like him as a sports caster.

TheFatboi likes this

See you know that’s its about what he did on the field. And that’s all that should matter when it comes to Hall voters. All the rest is just noise. Doesn’t matter. He was a great player his entire career. All that matters bro. There’s players that were drug addics their entire career and the world knew it but still got in on the first ballad. Guys that beat their wives. Still first balls. Guys that his teammates couldn’t stand but still got in first ballad. 

Yeah bro they should have let him in long before. He's top five to me.

TheFatboi likes this

9 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Lol you took it there i feel you though. T.O. could have played on the team i was a fan of anyday.  When i saw he broke his leg and still played in th SB that blew my mind. I loved him and irvin. Moss kinda got on my nerves as a player. I thought he was soft but i like him as a sports caster.

Moss had one job and he did it perfectly week in and week out. Skinny *** didn’t like contact no more than the next skinny ***. His job was to outrun people and get touchdowns

TheFatboi likes this

Your vilified when your real and people can't handle the truth.t.o. never pulled punches and told it like he saw it wasn' popular but alot of things arent.and yeah in some situations he did too much but on the field man was a stud for a long time.but I agree with the poster that Said they need to change up the committee that votes..need to get rid of any form of bias and nepotism in the voting process.

TheFatboi likes this

4 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Your vilified when your real and people can't handle the truth.t.o. never pulled punches and told it like he saw it wasn' popular but alot of things arent.and yeah in some situations he did too much but on the field man was a stud for a long time.but I agree with the poster that Said they need to change up the committee that votes..need to get rid of any form of bias and nepotism in the voting process.

Absolutely. I agree about changing the voting. Or at LEAST make it clear in the bylaws that antics and off field stuff effect your chances. If not keep it about what the player did on the field. I think the voters and sportswriters like being able to control that aspect of a players career. An authoritarian committee. 

RoddyWhite84 likes this

35 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I loved TO and the playmaker too. I did like moss as a player tho. Like him as an analyst too. 

red falcon likes this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

I loved TO and the playmaker too. I did like moss as a player tho. Like him as an analyst too. 

Dude was a warrior man, dont know how people dont like him. I was in germany as a kid so i didnt see much of irvin sadly.

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Dude was a warrior man, dont know how people dont like him. I was in germany as a kid so i didnt see much of irvin sadly.

Playmaker was a beast bro. I loved all those guys except when they played us lol. Even Warren Sapp. Loved that guy. Hated when he played against us. 

Falconsfan567 likes this