Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

T.O. To Skip HOF Induction

198 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is why it's always good to see what people outside of this site think. I'm actually happy to see these types of comments from other fans

Attend or Not? Doesn't Matter. It's a Personal Decision! He's still THE TOP 3 W.R.'s OF ALL TIME!
Read more
Show less
Reply19 20
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
SLiMDeeZuL

Bitcoin Baller!

I get how he's looking at it. He's going to snub them just like they snubbed him fro two years. He's salty, and he's using it as revenge, as standing up for himself. I get it. The problem is it is something he will regret. The other Hall of Famers will look down on him for handling it this way. His friends and family will want him to take the high road. And he will regret not experiencing the introduction, the appreciation of his peers. Take the high road.
Read more
Show less
Reply3 4
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Bitcoin Baller!
Loading... View all 2 replies
View all 2 replies
Hide replies
b

Why should he go lmao, they refused to respect him
Read more
Show less
Reply33 34
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
b
Loading... View all 5 replies
View all 5 replies
Hide replies
Bachelor Beats

They want him to dance and be a good boy
Read more
Show less
Reply14 15
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Bachelor Beats
View all 2 replies
Hide replies
SugarBear

I agree with TO. It’ll feel like it’s a forced thing and it wouldn’t feel right for him.
Read more
Show less
Reply8 9
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
SugarBear

Brandon Terry

**** on them T.O! Always will be a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer in my eyes, best WR of his Generation PERIOD!
Read more
Show less
Reply11 12
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Brandon Terry
Loading... View reply
View reply
Hide replies
1998 Honda CR-V

It would actually be entertaining if Owens was there so he could tell how much cancer the nfl voters are
Read more
Show less
Reply11 12
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
1998 Honda CR-V

H. Laker

Typical T.O. going against the grain... Reason I became an eagles fan as a kid. Glad he made the hall of fame.. stay you T.O. you're a different kind of breed
Read more
Show less
Reply5 6
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
H. Laker

Gold Wolf

Those fools don’t have a gold jacket, who are they to lecture TO. Only Steve Young can say what he said and it actually means something. Those fools opinions hold no weight. Get a gold jacket and then you can speak to TO.
Read more
Show less
Reply5 6
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Gold Wolf
View all 2 replies
Hide replies
Nik Z

Why not go and express exactly how you feel directly to that audience
Read more
Show less
Reply3 4
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Nik Z

jrod0988

The voters had an agenda and left him out first ballot. Randy Moss quit on his team and stated he didnt always try hard and he was a first ballot HOF. TO might not have been the best locker room guy but he put his heart and soul out on the field and these voters had an agenda against him. I support TO if he doesn't want to attend.
Read more
Show less
Reply4 5
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
jrod0988

John Craig

TO, you got to go brother! You aren’t hurting the people who wouldn’t let you in (freaking sports reporters) you would be hurting and disrespecting your new teammates the other HOFers. Go represent brother and celebrate this once in a lifetime achievement!
Read more
Show less
Reply2 3
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
John Craig

Pharoah P

You would think T.O had DUIs and Domestic cases the way he's treated. The guy is a class act off the field and extremely passionate on the field. Isn't that what its all about?

:tiphat:

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Peyton said:

Well there was darker stuff with TO too.  Implying his own QB was gay in San Francisco.  Turning on McNabb publicly in Philly.  Holding out for a new contract one year into a 7 year deal. 

That dude was a headache for a team man, even as talented as he was.

and no one is holding that against him except you and people looking to find something bad to say about him. From what I saw he told no lies about Garcia and McNabb. I guess it's a problem for you that he spoke his mind. People always spoke their minds about him so why can't he do the same?

RING OF HONOR and TheFatboi like this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

WTF? You tried to make a point, I called you out on it because it doesn't make any sense and now you come back with this whatever the heIl it's supposed to mean? You're trying way too hard.

hmm...  

I don't know......

It kinda looks like YOU are trying too hard. You're getting really weird dude.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

and no one is holding that against him except you and people looking to find something bad to say about him. From what I saw he told no lies about Garcia and McNabb. I guess it's a problem for you that he spoke his mind. People always spoke their minds about him so why can't he do the same?

Well if Jeff Garcia is gay then there is a seriously fine Playboy Playmate of the Year going to waste as a cover story.  Too bad.

Ok, you like the drama queens, I get it man lol.

But I'm glad we don't have guys like that on the Falcons, for the most part.

And obviously I'm not the only person who held that stuff against him.  Isn't that why he is being a big baby now?

Slappywhite and Atl Falcon like this

Just now, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

hmm...  

I don't know......

It kinda looks like YOU are trying too hard. You're getting really weird dude.

I'm getting weird? I'm just trying to figure out what your point is because it doesn't make any sense and then you mention something about chewing cabbage but I'm the one getting weird? There's a reason no one else in this thread has replied to your weird posts. I at least tried to understand your point but it's clear you don't have one. You're just in here saying things for the sake of saying things.

Slappywhite and Ovie_Lover like this

11 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Well if Jeff Garcia is gay then there is a seriously fine Playboy Playmate of the Year going to waste as a cover story.  Too bad.

Ok, you like the drama queens, I get it man lol.

But I'm glad we don't have guys like that on the Falcons, for the most part.

How can you assume I like drama queens? Is it because I don't let off the field actions bother me. If anything the fact that you entertain the drama says you like the drama yourself? Why should I honestly care about what an athlete or anyone outside of my circle does outside of the field or court or in life. I respect the player, not what he does everywhere else. 

Many voters wanted to keep T.O. out of the HOF just because they felt some type of way about him personally.

It is the Pro Football HOF. Not the Best Person HOF. Owens was great on the field and one of the top 3 or 4 statistically in history so he should've been 1st ballot.

Although HOF voting in most sports has always been political. It also shows me that HOF voters get way too emotionally involed with players' personalities instead of their body of work, which is why they need to make changes to the selections committee.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm getting weird? I'm just trying to figure out what your point is because it doesn't make any sense and then you mention something about chewing cabbage but I'm the one getting weird? There's a reason no one else in this thread has replied to your weird posts. I at least tried to understand your point but it's clear you don't have one. You're just in here saying things for the sake of saying things.

Well you should be commended for, at least, trying. You cared when nobody else did. 

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Many voters wanted to keep T.O. out of the HOF just because they felt some type of way about him personally.

It is the Pro Football HOF. Not the Best Person HOF. Owens was great on the field and one of the top 3 or 4 statistically in history so he should've been 1st ballot.

Although HOF voting in most sports has always been political. It also shows me that HOF voters get way too emotionally involed with players' personalities instead of their body of work, which is why they need to make changes to the selections committee.

exactly!

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

How can you assume I like drama queens? Is it because I don't let off the field actions bother me. If anything the fact that you entertain the drama says you like the drama yourself? Why should I honestly care about what an athlete or anyone outside of my circle does outside of the field or court or in life. I respect the player, not what he does everywhere else. 

That's exactly what I try to tell people about this whole national anthem kneeling thing. I don't care. People that get up in arms about that are drama queens.

20 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The thought of T.O. holding his own HOF induction ceremony is hilarious.

I wonder will he be getting his gold jacket and ring FedExed or UPSed to him?

If it's anything like the sit-ups thing then it's must watch TV!! The sit-ups thing was hilarious!! Still is.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's exactly what I try to tell people about this whole national anthem kneeling thing. I don't care. People that get up in arms about that are drama queens.

Ya know, samual L Jackson made a **** good point last night. He asked if the stupid MF who demands no kneeling even knows the words to the anthem himself. I honestly would say no. That same thing goes for all these other people making a big deal about it

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ya know, samual L Jackson made a **** good point last night. He asked if the stupid MF who demands no kneeling even knows the words to the anthem himself. I honestly would say no. That same thing goes for all these other people making a big deal about it

Exactly. Most don't know the words to it, or the pledge of allegiance, or america the beautiful or any of those patriotic songs or things. They just wanna to throw a fit and try to act like they care more than anyone else. It just makes them look like a **** fool. 

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. Most don't know the words to it, or the pledge of allegiance, or america the beautiful or any of those patriotic songs or things. They just wanna to throw a fit and try to act like they care more than anyone else. It just makes them look like a **** fool. 

I call those people dumb ****s who are stupid enough to let others decide their opinions

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Thats true sh!t right there

I hope T.O. changes his mind. From what I can tell, being inducted into the Hall is an incredible red letter Day for each honoree. It would be a shame for him to miss that blessing over something petty. 

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Problem is he would either have to:

1. Go up there and make a speech and just lie and say how much he appreciates everyone who voted for him, making him look like a dishonest jerk.

2. Take the podium and run an honest promo on the people who tried to keep him out, thus making everyone say he is "ungrateful", and making him look like an honest jerk.

So he is making a third option: Say 'thank you' and that it's an honor and just avoid the place altogether and throw his own party. I think he's making the smart move. He gets the statue, the name, and the jacket. Who cares about showing up?

All that he will look bad either way might as well just not show and the Hof voters shafted him anyway..he definitely deserved to be a first ballot Hof so honestly I wouldnt have showed either if I was him.he could have really showed his *** but he didn't dude just isn' showing up.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Exactly just reaks of personal bias.the man's career says he should be 1st ballot easily.you may have not liked the person he was off the field but dude was a playmaker on it enough so to be a top 5 all time wr.i wish ppl could keep feelings out of **** like this so if I'm Owens I'd definitely be upset and insulted.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think he's being extremely petty about this. Should he have gone in on the 1st ballot? Of course, but now he should just be grateful he was voted in.

I think the first set of pettiness was from the voters. TO was CLEARLY a first ballad HOF’er. Yet they chose to snub because he wasn’t friendly to the press. At the end of the day no matter what off field issues anybody had it’s about WHAT THEY DID ON THE FIELD!! And if it’s about anything other than that they should specify that in the hall bylaws. But since there’s no such thing in place the voters should’ve voted him in solely based on his field of play. You can call it petty on his part but that started the pettiness and I don’t blame him at all. 

One things for certain and two things for sure. He’s in the hall and there’s nothing they can do about it. He gave them his @ss to kiss and got the last laugh. Congrats TO!!! 

RoddyWhite84 likes this