Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

T.O. To Skip HOF Induction

198 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

So...somehow not going is more attention than making a speech on a nationally televised ceremony?

Yes, absolutely.  The dude just put out a press release three months in advance was and announced he is going to be holding his own personal celebration.  And even set that up by telling everybody that he'll announce when and where it is going to be later.

Biggest attention wh*re ever lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peyton said:

Yes, absolutely.  The dude just put out a press release three months in advance was and announced he is going to be holding his own personal celebration.  And even set that up by telling everybody that he'll announce when and where it is going to be later.

Biggest attention wh*re ever lol.

Seems to me if he was looking for attention, he'd have done the statement right before the ceremony to take attention away from it directly. This way, it fades away and is old news by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Seems to me if he was looking for attention, he'd have done the statement right before the ceremony to take attention away from it directly. This way, it fades away and is old news by then.

Why do a statement at all?

We can just agree to disagree if you don't think Terrell Owens is an attention wh*re.  If you haven't figured that out after following his career, obviously nothing I could say could convince you otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't disagree. But this was an opportunity for T.O. to prove all his doubters wrong. A chance for him to take the high road. Instead he did what he has done his entire professional career, he showed his azz when he didn't get his way and well, that's his legacy, at least the off-field portion of it. As far as his on-field legacy, he's one of the greatest WR's in NFL history. Top 5 all-time. That's how he should be remembered, but it won't be, he's got no one to blame for that but himself.

Be honest. 10-15 years from now when you hear his name brought up are you going to think of him not attending the hof ceremony or the damage he caused on the field. IMO people who hold the off field things against a player are the petty ones. No offense or anything but not many people care about the off field stuff.

No one cares about him running to the star. No one cares about Moss fake mooning the crowd in Green Bay. The ones that care about those types of things and hold a vote shouldn’t be allowed to vote. But as we know some people in the world put entirely too much sauce on things and make more of things than they need to be

red falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Be honest. 10-15 years from now when you hear his name brought up are you going to think of him not attending the hof ceremony or the damage he caused on the field. IMO people who hold the off field things against a player are the petty ones. No offense or anything but not many people care about the off field stuff.

No one cares about him running to the star. No one cares about Moss fake mooning the crowd in Green Bay. The ones that care about those types of things and hold a vote shouldn’t be allowed to vote. But as we know some people in the world put entirely too much sauce on things and make more of things than they need to be

His problems weren't exactly "off  the field", except for the infamous non suicide attempt.  His problems were in the locker room and with team management.  Those aren't "off the field" problems.

Terrell Owens never got in trouble off the field.

edit - nevermind, I misread your post lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Be honest. 10-15 years from now when you hear his name brought up are you going to think of him not attending the hof ceremony or the damage he caused on the field. IMO people who hold the off field things against a player are the petty ones. No offense or anything but not many people care about the off field stuff.

No one cares about him running to the star. No one cares about Moss fake mooning the crowd in Green Bay. The ones that care about those types of things and hold a vote shouldn’t be allowed to vote. But as we know some people in the world put entirely too much sauce on things and make more of things than they need to be

Honestly, I would hope folks would remember how dominant a player he was. A guy that made Jerry Rice dispensable in San Francisco. The catch he made in the 1998 playoffs to beat the Packers. The game he had against the Bears with over 20 catches in 2001. The insane recovery from the broken leg so he could play in the Super Bowl. But he'll also be remembered for the popcorn thing, the running to the star thing, the sit-ups in his drive way thing just as much.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Problem is he would either have to:

1. Go up there and make a speech and just lie and say how much he appreciates everyone who voted for him, making him look like a dishonest jerk.

2. Take the podium and run an honest promo on the people who tried to keep him out, thus making everyone say he is "ungrateful", and making him look like an honest jerk.

So he is making a third option: Say 'thank you' and that it's an honor and just avoid the place altogether and throw his own party. I think he's making the smart move. He gets the statue, the name, and the jacket. Who cares about showing up?

People already think of him as a dishonest or honest jerk, so what's the difference? Some people change, some people don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly people aren't going to remember Terrell Owens as one of the greats, even though he was.  The only guy who can go through 5 different teams and be remembered as one of the greatest is Deion Sanders, and that is because he won rings.  All Terrell Owens will be remembered for is controversy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Honestly, I would hope folks would remember how dominant a player he was.

They won't.  A lot of people already don't remember that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Is Lawrence Taylor in the HOF?

 

Just now, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Ty Cobb? Is he a baseball HOFr?

What exactly are you trying to prove here? No one here is saying that T.O. doesn't belong in the HOF so I don't understand what your point is.

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well, I guess I'm just a different type of person. I believe one should be thankful of any and all honors one receivers during one's lifetime. Not spit in the face of those that gave it just because it didn't happen as soon as one wanted it to happen.

Didn't he say he was thankful to the people who mattered, fans, teams, supporters. With his career I wouldn't show up either, he's a 1st ballot, dude couldn't even get 2nd ballot. That to me would be him kissing there behinds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

 

What exactly are you trying to prove here? No one here is saying that T.O. doesn't belong in the HOF so I don't understand what your point is.

The point is one was a drug addicted a$$hole and the other was a racist alcoholic. 

 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Peyton said:

His problems weren't exactly "off  the field", except for the infamous non suicide attempt.  His problems were in the locker room and with team management.  Those aren't "off the field" problems.

Terrell Owens never got in trouble off the field.

edit - nevermind, I misread your post lol.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, datchrisb1 said:

Didn't he say he was thankful to the people who mattered, fans, teams, supporters. With his career I wouldn't show up either, he's a 1st ballot, dude couldn't even get 2nd ballot. That to me would be him kissing there behinds. 

I don't get all the whining about TO not getting in on the first ballot.  Isaac Bruce was the second leading receiver in NFL history when he retired, behind only Jerry Rice.  He also made an epic TD to win the Super Bowl. He was a model citizen and model teammate at all times and he's been passed over about 5 times.  Now there is a guy with a legitimate beef.

I bet he goes to the ceremony when his name is called though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

The point is one was a drug addicted a$$hole and the other was a racist alcoholic. 

 

Ok, yes, I know what. What does that have to do with anything? Again, no one here is saying T.O. shouldn't be in the HOF, he is. They're all in the HOF, so again, what exactly is your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Honestly, I would hope folks would remember how dominant a player he was. A guy that made Jerry Rice dispensable in San Francisco. The catch he made in the 1998 playoffs to beat the Packers. The game he had against the Bears with over 20 catches in 2001. The insane recovery from the broken leg so he could play in the Super Bowl. But he'll also be remembered for the popcorn thing, the running to the star thing, the sit-ups in his drive way thing just as much.

But why should anyone be so ignorant to tear him down for celebrating and him feeding the dumb *** media stunt(which was hilarious may I add). Now the star thing, that was just petty lol. People who choose to tear these players down for the wrong reason, what on earth have they done in the league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I don't get all the whining about TO not getting in on the first ballot.  Isaac Bruce was the second leading receiver in NFL history when he retired, behind only Jerry Rice.  He also made an epic TD to win the Super Bowl. He was a model citizen and model teammate at all times and he's been passed over about 5 times.  Now there is a guy with a legitimate beef.

I bet he goes to the ceremony when his name is called though.

What I'm saying is dude is thankful where it matters, where it counts. He earned it, he can do whatever he wants with it. Personally, I don't blame him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok, yes, I know what. What does that have to do with anything? Again, no one here is saying T.O. shouldn't be in the HOF, he is. They're all in the HOF, so again, what exactly is your point?

"I don't chew my cabbage twice". - Earnest T. Bass 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

But why should anyone be so ignorant to tear him down for celebrating and him feeding the dumb *** media stunt(which was hilarious may I add). Now the star thing, that was just petty lol. People who choose to tear these players down for the wrong reason, what on earth have they done in the league?

You and I both know that's the way the world works. T.O. never really caused any problems. He wasn't a druggy. He didn't kill people. He didn't get DUI's. He didn't get accused of abuse. He didn't do anything. Folks have always made him out to be far worst than he ever was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

"I don't chew my cabbage twice". - Earnest T. Bass 

WTF? You tried to make a point, I called you out on it because it doesn't make any sense and now you come back with this whatever the heIl it's supposed to mean? You're trying way too hard.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why it's always good to see what people outside of this site think. I'm actually happy to see these types of comments from other fans

 

                          

 
Attend or Not? Doesn't Matter. It's a Personal Decision! He's still THE TOP 3 W.R.'s OF ALL TIME!
Read more
Show less
Reply19 20
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
SLiMDeeZuL
 
Bitcoin Baller!
 
I get how he's looking at it. He's going to snub them just like they snubbed him fro two years. He's salty, and he's using it as revenge, as standing up for himself. I get it. The problem is it is something he will regret. The other Hall of Famers will look down on him for handling it this way. His friends and family will want him to take the high road. And he will regret not experiencing the introduction, the appreciation of his peers. Take the high road.
Read more
Show less
Reply3 4
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Bitcoin Baller!
Loading... View all 2 replies
View all 2 replies
Hide replies
b
 
Why should he go lmao, they refused to respect him
Read more
Show less
Reply33 34
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
b
Loading... View all 5 replies
View all 5 replies
Hide replies
Bachelor Beats
 
They want him to dance and be a good boy
Read more
Show less
Reply14 15
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Bachelor Beats
Loading... View all 2 replies
View all 2 replies
Hide replies
SugarBear
 
I agree with TO. It’ll feel like it’s a forced thing and it wouldn’t feel right for him.
Read more
Show less
Reply8 9
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
SugarBear
 
Brandon Terry
 
**** on them T.O! Always will be a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer in my eyes, best WR of his Generation PERIOD!
Read more
Show less
Reply11 12
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Brandon Terry
Loading... View reply
View reply
Hide replies
1998 Honda CR-V
 
It would actually be entertaining if Owens was there so he could tell how much cancer the nfl voters are
Read more
Show less
Reply11 12
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
1998 Honda CR-V
 
H. Laker
 
Typical T.O. going against the grain... Reason I became an eagles fan as a kid. Glad he made the hall of fame.. stay you T.O. you're a different kind of breed
Read more
Show less
Reply5 6
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
H. Laker
 
Gold Wolf
 
Those fools don’t have a gold jacket, who are they to lecture TO. Only Steve Young can say what he said and it actually means something. Those fools opinions hold no weight. Get a gold jacket and then you can speak to TO.
Read more
Show less
Reply5 6
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Gold Wolf
Loading... View all 2 replies
View all 2 replies
Hide replies
Nik Z
 
Why not go and express exactly how you feel directly to that audience
Read more
Show less
Reply3 4
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
Nik Z
 
jrod0988
 
The voters had an agenda and left him out first ballot. Randy Moss quit on his team and stated he didnt always try hard and he was a first ballot HOF. TO might not have been the best locker room guy but he put his heart and soul out on the field and these voters had an agenda against him. I support TO if he doesn't want to attend.
Read more
Show less
Reply4 5
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
jrod0988
 
John Craig
 
TO, you got to go brother! You aren’t hurting the people who wouldn’t let you in (freaking sports reporters) you would be hurting and disrespecting your new teammates the other HOFers. Go represent brother and celebrate this once in a lifetime achievement!
Read more
Show less
Reply2 3
  •  
    Report spam or abuse
John Craig
 
Pharoah P
 
You would think T.O had DUIs and Domestic cases the way he's treated. The guy is a class act off the field and extremely passionate on the field. Isn't that what its all about?
 
The little kid with the red hat on in every comment is my oldest daughter when she was younger. I gotta update that pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You and I both know that's the way the world works. T.O. never really caused any problems. He wasn't a druggy. He didn't kill people. He didn't get DUI's. He didn't get accused of abuse. He didn't do anything. Folks have always made him out to be far worst than he ever was.

lol were you the last person in the post I just made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But why should anyone be so ignorant to tear him down for celebrating and him feeding the dumb *** media stunt(which was hilarious may I add). Now the star thing, that was just petty lol. People who choose to tear these players down for the wrong reason, what on earth have they done in the league?

Well there was darker stuff with TO too.  Implying his own QB was gay in San Francisco.  Turning on McNabb publicly in Philly.  Holding out for a new contract one year into a 7 year deal. 

That dude was a headache for a team man, even as talented as he was.

Slappywhite and THEHEADCOACH like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites