Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

T.O. To Skip HOF Induction

198 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I kind of thought he would....to be honest I would have done the same thing

3 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

No more drama than the people that snubbed him. 

I think he's being extremely petty about this. Should he have gone in on the 1st ballot? Of course, but now he should just be grateful he was voted in.

Herr Doktor and Slappywhite like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think he's being extremely petty about this. Should he have gone in on the 1st ballot? Of course, but now he should just be grateful he was voted in.

Eh. He got his name and head in there. What's the big deal with not going to the ceremony? Less speeches are always a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Eh. He got his name and head in there. What's the big deal with not going to the ceremony? Less speeches are always a good thing.

It's not just about the speech. It's about the entire moment. He cried about not getting in and now he finally does and now he's showing his azz because it wasn't done the way he wanted. It's extremely childish and petty.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why grateful?? He was going to get in anyway....thats why doing what they did was uncalled for...I think it was bullsh!t...

I dont blame him one bit...

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's not just about the speech. It's about the entire moment. He cried about not getting in and now he finally does and now he's showing his azz because it wasn't done the way he wanted. It's extremely childish and petty.

Well...a good portion of the people there didn't want him in and some actually campaigned against him. I am sure his own ceremony will be far more fun anyways. 

People really take these things way too seriously.

3 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Well...a good portion of the people there didn't want him in and some actually campaigned against him. I am sure his own ceremony will be far more fun anyways. 

People really take these things way too seriously.

Exactly

Flying Falcon likes this

42 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

No more drama than the people that snubbed him. 

This x10000000

You don’t ignore or become blind to a player as great as T.O. Just cuz or because you heard some numbers. T.O. is arguably a top 6-7 receiver all time. You can’t not let him in. 

He’s made his feelings known for years about the people who select the players. This isn’t new for him and many people understand why. 

I hated T.O as a player, but to me he is a first or easily a second ballot HOFer. No question. 

30 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't think so. If that's the case then the teams that snubbed him at the end of his career and hof voters were petty and childish as well. He more than deserved first ballot. Rings don't make the hall of famer. off field issues don't make the hall of famer.

RING OF HONOR likes this

28 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Why grateful?? He was going to get in anyway....thats why doing what they did was uncalled for...I think it was bullsh!t...

I dont blame him one bit...

Well, I guess I'm just a different type of person. I believe one should be thankful of any and all honors one receivers during one's lifetime. Not spit in the face of those that gave it just because it didn't happen as soon as one wanted it to happen.

RoddyWhite84 and THEHEADCOACH like this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I don't think so. If that's the case then the teams that snubbed him at the end of his career and hof voters were petty and childish as well. He more than deserved first ballot. Rings don't make the hall of famer. off field issues don't make the hall of famer.

I don't disagree. But this was an opportunity for T.O. to prove all his doubters wrong. A chance for him to take the high road. Instead he did what he has done his entire professional career, he showed his azz when he didn't get his way and well, that's his legacy, at least the off-field portion of it. As far as his on-field legacy, he's one of the greatest WR's in NFL history. Top 5 all-time. That's how he should be remembered, but it won't be, he's got no one to blame for that but himself.

Slappywhite and jgentry162 like this

I'm just bothered by the fact the formatting is different between the first paragraph and the rest of the text.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't disagree. But this was an opportunity for T.O. to prove all his doubters wrong. A chance for him to take the high road. Instead he did what he has done his entire professional career, he showed his azz when he didn't get his way and well, that's his legacy, at least the off-field portion of it. As far as his on-field legacy, he's one of the greatest WR's in NFL history. Top 5 all-time. That's how he should be remembered, but it won't be, he's got no one to blame for that but himself.

Problem is he would either have to:

1. Go up there and make a speech and just lie and say how much he appreciates everyone who voted for him, making him look like a dishonest jerk.

2. Take the podium and run an honest promo on the people who tried to keep him out, thus making everyone say he is "ungrateful", and making him look like an honest jerk.

So he is making a third option: Say 'thank you' and that it's an honor and just avoid the place altogether and throw his own party. I think he's making the smart move. He gets the statue, the name, and the jacket. Who cares about showing up?

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well, I guess I'm just a different type of person. I believe one should be thankful of any and all honors one receivers during one's lifetime. Not spit in the face of those that gave it just because it didn't happen as soon as one wanted it to happen.

You're not a different type of person...Im pretty sure most people including myself thinks the same way....but this situation is different..its been well documented that fans...sports analysts and athletes and even athletes from different sports thought it was despicable how he was being treated...and again...I dont blame him one bit..

gkgrimes likes this

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

Dude was a great player, and a funny dude, but always been an attention starved baby.  This is a classic example.

So...somehow not going is more attention than making a speech on a nationally televised ceremony?

red falcon likes this

5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Problem is he would either have to:

1. Go up there and make a speech and just lie and say how much he appreciates everyone who voted for him, making him look like a dishonest jerk.

2. Take the podium and run an honest promo on the people who tried to keep him out, thus making everyone say he is "ungrateful", and making him look like an honest jerk.

So he is making a third option: Say 'thank you' and that it's an honor and just avoid the place altogether and throw his own party. I think he's making the smart move. He gets the statue, the name, and the jacket. Who cares about showing up?

Smartest assessment so far.