Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LawDawg

June-July 2018 UGA RecruitingThread

222 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cockybrit said:

Will Zion jump in the rankings?  

Some are saying that his ranking will climb. By how much no one is certain. 

When you camp at both Bama and UGA and earn offers from both then he clearly is good and better than his current ranking I’d say. 

5 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Emery was going to commit on July 7 (most think to Miss St) but "changed his mind" decided to wait and is now coming to the reveal at the end of the month.

It's also looking like Emery could end up as the #1 RB when all is said and done.

yep.. UGA was behind why he pushed back his commitment.. 

2 hours ago, Cockybrit said:

Will Zion jump in the rankings?  

yes.. he is already a high 3 in 88 rating.. i believe he ends up a 4 star.  

30 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Wonder what the Tennessee boards are saying lmao

some are angry at logue.. the bottom line for the vols is zion cried when he got the UGA offer.. that really said it all.  rocker just loved zion when they worked him out..  

5 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Yeah... I saw he was up to #2 now... did all the services recently re-rank or just 247? Can't recall where he was prior but I don't think it was that high. Cain maybe also dropped? I hate that they don't actually keep a running tally of rankings over time.

just 247 right now.. rivals should be doing a new one shortly before the next season i believe.  

8 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Will Demetrius be able to play ? Heard the ncaa don’t do medical hardships any more 

Chip Towers seemed to indicate on Dawg Nation Daily that UGA was somewhat confident they could get DRob eligible for 2018.

11 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Wonder what the Tennessee boards are saying lmao

Went over to VolNation, they aren’t happy about it but saying he’s a project, not a game-changer, typical run down of a recruit the second he cannot be had by UT.

Macknsweetjones likes this

10 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Will Demetrius be able to play ? Heard the ncaa don’t do medical hardships any more 

no one knows right now.. it's the ncaa they are so unreliable in their rulings.. right now i am going to assume he can't play and be pleasantly happy if he can. 

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

If it benefits UGA most likely the NCAA will rule against us. 

And that's why Zion Logue will remain a 3 star.

Speaking of Logue, didn't know much about him so I watched a little bit of his junior highlights. On the slow side but appears to get himself around the ball. Perhaps we're trying to get him heavier and stronger so he can play inside. Since we can't seem to recruit any top notch DTs, maybe this is the design. 

sdogg and g-dawg like this

16 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

And that's why Zion Logue will remain a 3 star.

Speaking of Logue, didn't know much about him so I watched a little bit of his junior highlights. On the slow side but appears to get himself around the ball. Perhaps we're trying to get him heavier and stronger so he can play inside. Since we can't seem to recruit any top notch DTs, maybe this is the design. 

Pretty much none of his film is going to be valid anymore. He put on about 30+ pounds and grew ~3 inches... Senior film and productivity levels will define rankings and expectations. I've not seen anyone call him "slow". He's not blazing fast by any means, but haven't seen any reference to speed as a concern. Claim from his trainer is that currently even with the increased size/mass, he's not slowed down at all. Will be interesting to watch for sure.

95Dawg, SacFalcFan and Yo_Lover like this

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Pretty much none of his film is going to be valid anymore. He put on about 30+ pounds and grew ~3 inches... Senior film and productivity levels will define rankings and expectations. I've not seen anyone call him "slow". He's not blazing fast by any means, but haven't seen any reference to speed as a concern. Claim from his trainer is that currently even with the increased size/mass, he's not slowed down at all. Will be interesting to watch for sure.

If he is 6’5” and 280-290lbs, he doesn’t have to be that fast. Just strong and quicker than offensive lineman for one step.

if he is 6’5” 280 now, will be 300 in two years of a college training table and weight room.

Wardog357 and 95Dawg like this

44 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

It won’t take two years to gain twenty pounds.  He may be at 300 by the time he hits campus.

Yep..i said earlier that he will end up a 4 star.  He is going to have a heck of a sr campaign.