Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LawDawg

June-July 2018 UGA RecruitingThread

198 posts in this topic

Not quite as bad as hire as Sale but maybe just behind him. Definitely Kirby’s worst. 

The bottom line all coaches have bad hires and unless we see huge improvement in coaching and recruiting tray scott needs to be shown the door.. we can not get behind on the dline and compete for titles. 

So am I alone here, or did this come completely out of left field?

I mean, I don't remember seeing or hearing much of anything about this kid or his recruitment, then Demetric Warren drops this kid's lone CB to UGA, and just like that, he commits.

Also, is he a QB? 247 lists him as "athlete" but I see others referring to him as a DT QB.

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

So am I alone here, or did this come completely out of left field?

I mean, I don't remember seeing or hearing much of anything about this kid or his recruitment, then Demetric Warren drops this kid's lone CB to UGA, and just like that, he commits.

Also, is he a QB? 247 lists him as "athlete" but I see others referring to him as a DT QB.

Yes he’s a QB.

Either he provides depth and competition that won’t scare the elite QBs in the next two classes away, or he changes positions in two years when we have another five star QB signed and gives us another athlete on ST.

i think this is the perfect QB to commit in this class.

Good pickup at qb.. i love it that he is willing to compete..  nice job staff. 

fyi someone on rivals who knows andy boykin claims he is going to flip to UGA.. he is a 2020 kid. 

Saw this posted on another board..

Love Plumlee Commit for 7 Reasons..

1. Plumlee eases the loss of Stetson Bennett once he gets on campus, bc he can immediately add what Bennett offered as a serviceable GameDay No. 3 whose athleticism will give the D starters a great look from the scout team.

2. He doesn't mind redshirting and waiting his turn behind the two future first-round picks in the two classes ahead of him, especially since he can see snaps in up to 4 blowout games while doing so as No. 3 QB as a true frosh.

3. Kid is a player and maybe an even better athlete, who was legitimately offered as a WR or DB by Power 5 programs. He could always move positions if needed due to injury or him not working out at QB and us having depth, which we will lack for 2-3 years at QB. He'll be at QB through at least 2020 barring a rash of injuries at WR or DB.

4. If he ends up being burried down the UGA depth chart at any position he plays, he may just focus on baseball after 3-4 years.

5. It gets a decent pick-up at QB secured in one of the worst crop of QB recruits in Georgia, Southest and USA that I can remember.

6. Who else where we going to get to follow Fromm and Fields in a terrible year instate?

7. This type of athlete/QB commits may allow us to take a second pure QB in this class or maybe a JUCO QB if someone emerges that we like who will come; or he provides the option of taking a second QB in the 20 class. I don't expect 2 QBs in either class, but it could happen. One recruiting analyst on TOS and the guy from DN writing 20-22 spots are going to look short-numbered again when we add 24-25 total in the 19 class, including grad transfers and any late additions. We will sign 22-24 through the second NSD. A second QB could be taken.

16 hours ago, Reeves said:

Yes he’s a QB.

Either he provides depth and competition that won’t scare the elite QBs in the next two classes away, or he changes positions in two years when we have another five star QB signed and gives us another athlete on ST.

i think this is the perfect QB to commit in this class.

I like the signing fine but your post gave me flashbacks to Logan Gray fair catching punt after punt after punt... 

69920862.jpg

Carter likes this

1 hour ago, ☭ Billy Ocean ☭ said:

I like the signing fine but your post gave me flashbacks to Logan Gray fair catching punt after punt after punt... 

69920862.jpg

Oh man please don’t provide those flashbacks. 

We we had one QB fair catching punts and later another QB punting. Crazy

So much for June not having much MO. This month has been great so far, and they've both been "ninja" commits with no warning whatsoever, or even much talk of us being the favorite there.

Who knows what might happen going forward.

95Dawg and Dr.Falconfan like this

Move up to #5 in composite rankings

Only team in rankings (much less top 5) with ZERO 3 stars

Average rating of 95.16

95Dawg likes this