Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheFatboi

Why we shouldn’t worry about the loss of Clayborn

When’s the last time we lost two starters on the D-line and remained excited that we’d be just as good, possibly better than the year before? With Beasley and Takk on the edges full time this season we could see an even better pass rush. 

But FFS70 told me I should be scared about our pass rush because we lost a DL who averaged 5 sacks a season 

perhaps it was just more fake football talk from him

I was told to worry about the depth behind Takk nevermind that he will see the field more and get more opportunities.Nevermind we've moved the 2016 sack leader back to his rightful spot at DE if anything by losing Clayborn this has allwed the above.

Noooooooooo we can't do that make our team better by actually giving our drafted talent more opportunities noooooooo impossible they might flourish given the above.

Purple.

Personally didn’t think much was being lost from the jump. He had one monster game and everyone jumped on his bandwagon. Didn’t buy into that hype at all. Hate he got hurt already though

While I agree that losing Clayborn shouldn't have us "worried" he was still a valueable piece to this and any dline. 

A good run defender and was 3rd in the leauge for 4th quarter pressures (4-3 DEs). 

People underrate his impact here.

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

While I agree that losing Clayborn shouldn't have us "worried" he was still a valueable piece to this and any dline. 

A good run defender and was 3rd in the leauge for 4th quarter pressures (4-3 DEs). 

How many true 4-3 defenses are even left in the nfl? Serious question

God bless Clay, but he's not an all-star. I'm not losing any sleep over losing a decent to good rotational DE and replacing him with a guy who had 15.5 sacks the previous season while playing in his spot.

59 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

J'Terius Jones will get more sacks than either McKinley or Beasley, with the 3 of them combining for 36.5 sacks.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what JT does. He might turn into a good backup plan. Also at FS I wanna see Marcelis Branch. They are my 2 PS guys to watch.

35 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Not underrating his value. He was a great piece. But Takk will replace that Production and then some. If we didn’t have takk losing clay would be felt tremendously. Last year the rush ends were clay/Takk. This year Takk/Beasley. I like that latter combo better. 

28 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Not underrating his value. He was a great piece. But Takk will replace that Production and then some. If we didn’t have takk losing clay would be felt tremendously. Last year the rush ends were clay/Takk. This year Takk/Beasley. I like that latter combo better. 

100%. Wasn't getting at you. Just some others who make it sound like Clayborn wasn't that good. 

I gotta feeling Takk + Bealsey will be our Mathis + Freeney.

Strip away Clayborn's game vs DAL and he looks a lot more ordinary. Not to diminish what he did here, but if Shelby and Crawford step up, they'll eat those snaps left behind since Takk is going to truly replace Clayborn. Add in Reed and I'm not worried about the edges. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

100%. Wasn't getting at you. Just some others who make it sound like Clayborn wasn't that good. 

I gotta feeling Takk + Bealsey will be our Mathis + Freeney.

Oh yea I know you weren’t. There are ppl that undervalued Clay. I was just specifying I wasn’t one of them. I always spoke up for Clay. 

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you don’t know? Heck I was being serious because a lot have moved to 3-4

Most run 4-3 anyways. But in terms of snaps 4-2-5  is most common.  It doesn’t matter if the base is 4-3 or 3-4. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Most run 4-3 anyways. But in terms of snaps 4-2-5  is most common.  It doesn’t matter if the base is 4-3 or 3-4. 

Most 4-2-5 involve a pass rushing outside linebacker(3-4) playing DE though. I can’t think of many defenses that use traditional 4-3 DE these days. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Personally didn’t think much was being lost from the jump. He had one monster game and everyone jumped on his bandwagon. Didn’t buy into that hype at all. Hate he got hurt already though

I may be mistaken, but I think that monster 5 sack game was against a backup OT that probably is out of the league by now. He otherwise had only 4.5 sacks last year.

Just now, gazoo said:

I may be mistaken, but I think that monster 5 sack game was against a backup OT that probably is out of the league by now. He otherwise had only 4.5 sacks last year.

Most DEs get sacks in bunches. It’s not uncommon in NFL, clayborn was good and Takk should be able to cover his loss. 

Just now, gazoo said:

6 sack against a 3rd stringer I think. Now before we go too far, tatf says that doesn’t matter and don’t take his performance away from him. Without that game he only had 3.5 sacks.