"We ran into a buzzsaw, and frankly, we ran out of gas"

11 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

The best the Falcons' have had. Bart would have been there sans the the legal crippling knee hits.

I agree.

It turns out that Bart didn't have the career that I thought when I really looked at his stats; part of it due like you said, to his injuries affecting him later in his career

But he could thread a needle with that ball.

I remember seeing him on one of those early QB competitions on TV where they had both retired and current QBs competing. Bart was pretty much hitting anything he wanted. I think he came in second.

I haven't been able to fully appreciate this game because of the way the season ended but   Ryan was on point, Julio was balls deep in the whole Pack defense. I have to admit some of those play calls were downright genius on the part of Shanahan as well, The only thing that matched our offenses' intensity was our defenses'. One of the most complete games in Falcons' history and one helluva a way to close shop on the Georgia Dome

Thanks Tim

4 minutes ago, rounz said:

I agree.

It turns out that Bart didn't have the career that I thought when I really looked at his stats; part of it due like you said, to his injuries affecting him later in his career

But he could thread a needle with that ball.

I remember seeing him on one of those early QB competitions on TV where they had both retired and current QBs competing. Bart was pretty much hitting anything he wanted. I think he came in second.

He had a gift, but the NFL enjoyed the late hits below the knees. It was sad to watch.

Yes, dammit this how I remember it.

10 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

The best the Falcons' have had. Bart would have been there sans the the legal crippling knee hits.

The Falcons picked Bart #1 overall....ahead of Walter Payton. 

I mean...as much as I love Bart.     Ouch. 

-

Did you know that there are only 10 qbs in NFL history with back-to-back 30 TD seasons...and Bart is one of them? 

I liken that game to when draco faught Apollo creed and his trainer threw in the towel after Apollo got beat into the ground..that what I felt like when they pulled Rodgers and everyone in the stadium knew it was over too and I swear it got louder after that idk if that part was true or not but it felt like it.

He catches a lot of Crap here….but I Will forever love Jalen Collins for that strip and fumble recovery! 

So full of potential but also so full of himself that the potential was never fully realized…...

Also…..Ricardo Allen's best game as a Falcon IMO.  Thanks

Edited by lostnmexico