SacFalcFan

Mullen says Florida will have a 'blackout game' at some point.

13 posts in this topic

yep because black is part of their color scheme.  :)  i thought it was hilarious the gator fans comments.. they are not happen.. they love their orange. 

i love this comment when talking about the gators finally getting with the 21st century..

"we tried with the gator scales, those were awful."

This makes little sense.  I just don't see Florida doing this.  Now, I'd love to see my Horns with a black out. 

6 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Yep. Black out should not be for any team for which black is not a color. 

Case in point. Black is not in their color scheme  

eric-berry-f30b8f3f9f4e405e_medium.jpg

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

This makes little sense.  I just don't see Florida doing this.  Now, I'd love to see my Horns with a black out. 

Like these?

9733265a5e4640dee97635ac4a2919ce.jpg

BvXc4ZGCYAAejTi.jpg

7_3766992.jpg

I think the first or third would be cool.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, SacFalcFan said:

yep because black is part of their color scheme.  :)  i thought it was hilarious the gator fans comments.. they are not happen.. they love their orange. 

i love this comment when talking about the gators finally getting with the 21st century..

"we tried with the gator scales, those were awful."

Let them do it and I hope it is at the WLOCP so they can cover up all the bruises and butthurtness from the beating we give them this year.  

I'd love their blackout game to be against us and we blow them out. Like they did to us when we wore those awful black helmets with the red facemasks.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, 95Dawg said:

For what it's worth, I liked the black jersey game more than I did all the varieties of the "smoke gray" uniforms. Part of the reason I probably liked the black jersey game was the big win over South Carolina while wearing them. There were a couple good wins (Georgia 2015, Florida 2016), while wearing gray, but there was also the 41-0 debacle last year, as well as the Pig Howard fumble in 2013 and the last minute loss to Vanderbilt in 2013 wearing them. Pruitt got rid of them.

MemphibianDawg likes this

On 6/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, 95Dawg said:

Yep. Black out should not be for any team for which black is not a color. 

I agree. I hated that trend we saw in baseball that the end of the 90s/early 2000s when multiple teams that didn't have black as one of their colors started wearing black. The worst were the Royals, Diamondbacks, Reds, Mets. Those teams at the time had no connection to black at all and seeing them wearing primarily black uniforms was ridiculous and hideous.

95Dawg likes this

On 6/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, 95Dawg said:

For what it's worth, UT did use black trim on their away jersey numbers/last name from the mid 90's til about 5 years ago.

Alabama 2009.jpg

13 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

For what it's worth, UT did use black trim on their away jersey numbers/last name from the mid 90's til about 5 years ago.

Alabama 2009.jpg

Did they stop doing that? I didn't even notice.

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Did they stop doing that? I didn't even notice.

Butch Jones got rid of the black trim. I personally kinda liked it. Made the numbers easier to see.