Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Atlanta United June Thread

41 posts in this topic

We're dropping waaay too many points at home. They need to figure that out

5 out of the last 7 @ home draw or loss (not counting Kennesaw)

Best MLS road record keeping us in first

3 hours ago, AF89 said:

We're dropping waaay too many points at home. They need to figure that out

5 out of the last 7 @ home draw or loss (not counting Kennesaw)

Best MLS road record keeping us in first

Missed too many wide open chances.

I think they can start by cutting down on the number of so many d@mn crosses, they're surprising no one. It gets tiring watching the other team stack 8 or 9 in the box around a 5'7 Josef Martinez and contemptuously flick it away.

We have 70% possession let's use it.

Going back to June for the last action of the month.

Almiron having yet another outstanding game. 

A much better second half, first half was sloppy.

4 goals in the run of play. We haven't done that in some time. Feels good to get 3 points at home without a red card or pk to flatter our score line

We now own the top 4 attendances in MLS history 

Also will probably be the second largest crowd worldwide this weekend behind  tommorows match in Moscow 

Our commentators here mentioned something I've noticed with Almiron: he seems to run faster in possession than without.

Quite incredible. That would be something that the NFL would purr over, and would be interesting to time him.

I can't think of another player who carries the ball at such speed. Of course, the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and now Mbappe show bursts here and there, and maybe I haven't seen Mbappe enough to form a comparison, but it sure is exciting to watch, and why he will be MLS MVP.

On 6/26/2018 at 10:24 PM, AF89 said:

Bad News (Nagbe out a couple months)

Good News

At this rate the Argentine national team is gonna start featuring MLS players, which is saying something. 

Anyway, I've noticed over the past few games that the team has gotten sharper, especially in possession. I'm seeing more decisive, one touch passes and better pass accuracy. They're getting into an attack faster and they're managing the tempo better. The chemistry is improving and the overall quality will (have to) improve. AU is gonna be tougher to beat, but they're gonna have to capitalize on goal scoring chances better as teams are gonna sit back and defend most of the time.

A lot of folks blaming Tata but the Robinson sub was a great sub in that situation .

This one is on the players on that backline, standing around waiting on somebody else to make the play, make the clearance,  to mark the forward most man.

Absolutely threw away 3 points there. Dallas had presented little threat til that mixup and they walked away with all 3 points late

Obviously in the confines of MLS not being a top league in the world this won't get the credit it deserves but....

In two years Josef is arguably already HOF material for this city

The only two parts of the game I watched were the lead up to and the goals. Dosed through the rest. 

Hopefully another win-win next Sunday!