mdrake34

The Barbershop 2.0 - Sports, Music, Pop Culture

2,985 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

I'm back to having no hour long dramas to watch so I think I'm finally gonna do a proper 'Justified' rewatch.

lNtdUHk.png

If you dig Westerns (as I suspect, being a fan of "Justified"), give "Godless" a try. The best show (besides "Happy!") that I've seen in years.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:50 AM, Billy Ocean said:

I'm back to having no hour long dramas to watch so I think I'm finally gonna do a proper 'Justified' rewatch.

lNtdUHk.png

Finally figured out how to get Amazon Prime video working again, just started the pilot episode. 

Billy Ocean likes this

6 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Better than the eyesore garbage they had before.

That second one looks like the fish impaled itself on the M.

49 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I didn't know what thread to put it in but HOLY ****!!! It's amazing that she's alive. 

Wow, that car that shot up the lane like a **** missle! :o

14 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

... How the **** is he the 2nd string QB?

It’s a bit of a Jalen Hurts - Tua Tagovailoa situation. Fields has a higher ceiling than Tua, though. And he’s 6’3” 230 lbs as a freshman.

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

It’s a bit of a Jalen Hurts - Tua Tagovailoa situation. Fields has the higher ceiling than Tua, though. And he’s 6’3” 230 lbs as a freshman.

That's what I was thinking. If Saban was the coach here then Fromm would have been benched ages ago if there's talent like that available. I guess Smart doesn't have Saban's ruthlessness.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That's what I was thinking. If Saban was the coach here then Fromm would have been benched ages ago if there's talent like that available. I guess Smart doesn't have Saban's ruthlessness.

Tua sat on the bench until they were down in the Championship game though. 

Ofelia likes this

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Well Saban didn’t turn to Tua until he was down at halftime in the national championship game and Fromm throws the ball better than Hurts, but Fields is the prototype. Physically he’s like Cam as far as size, running ability and arm strength but he’s a more natural and accurate thrower.

Have you watched Kyler Murray this year? He reminds me of a faster Russell Wilson but the A’s don’t want him to play football after this season.

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

Well Saban didn’t turn to Tua until he was down at halftime in the national championship game and Fromm throws the better than Hurt but Fields is the prototype. Physically he’s like Cam as far as size, running ability and arm strength but he’s a more natural and accurate thrower.

Have you watched Kyler Murray this year? He reminds me of a faster Russell Wilson but the A’s don’t want him to play football after this season.

I like Murray but I don't think he'd have much success in the NFL. Wilson may be short but he's got the build to absorb blows. Murray is too lean.

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I like Murray but I don't think he'd have much success in the NFL. Wilson may be short but he's got the build to absorb blows. Murray is too lean.

Yeah he’s like Flutie size but I’d just like to see him play another season in Lincoln Riley’s offense.

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

Yeah he’s like Flutie size but I’d just like to see him play another season in Lincoln Riley’s offense.

He'll be making bank off of the A's signing bonus instead. Then they'll trade him after a season or two in the Majors.

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

He'll be making bank off of the A's signing bonus instead. Then they'll trade him after a season or two in the Majors.

They showed a graphic last night that Kyler’s making $4.6 million and his head coach is making $4.8. If I had an NFL team I might try to hire Lincoln Riley and pair him with a grizzled veteran defensive coordinator.

15 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

They showed a graphic last night that Kyler’s making $4.6 million and his head coach is making $4.8. If I had an NFL team I might try to hire Lincoln Riley and pair him with a grizzled veteran defensive coordinator.

I think Chip Kelly has ruined college coaches going to the NFL for a while.

26 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I think Chip Kelly has ruined college coaches going to the NFL for a while.

I’d do it if I were Jerry Jones. Riley wouldn’t outshine Jerry, like Jimmy Johnson and Parcells did. But Dak is just a game manager imo and I wouldn’t commit to him long term.