mdrake34

The Barbershop 2.0 - Sports, Music, Pop Culture

2,944 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2019 at 0:18 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

Award shows are a joke.

As i understood most of those nominations are for stuff like effects, set design, choreography etc that kind if stuff which I think most of us can agree they probably deserve as long as it's not for writing

edit: although they probably shouldn't get anything for editing either

got_coffee2.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 0:18 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

Award shows are a joke.

 

On 7/19/2019 at 5:24 AM, AF89 said:

As i understood most of those nominations are for stuff like effects, set design, choreography etc that kind if stuff which I think most of us can agree they probably deserve as long as it's not for writing

edit: although they probably shouldn't get anything for editing either

got_coffee2.0.jpg

 

Counterpoint: GoT should get all the emmys except for those that go to Chernobyl and Brockmire (I don't care that it wasn't nominated for anything, that show is just the best).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything about QB1 season 3? I have been searching it from time to time and have found nothing except for scraps of info about the next round of QBs to appear on the show... and supposedly it is confirmed that UGA commit Carson Beck has agreed to be on the show as well, but he is a 2020 recruit so I'm assuming he would be on season 4.

**** is driving me crazy to have almost no info about season 3. I really liked season 1 and 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Serge said:
They shouldn't have cancelled Tuca and Bertie though

So true.  One of my favorite new shows this year.

Serge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

mite b cool

God I’d hate giving up Pache, but for Thor, I’d probably give up one of the big 3 (Pache, Waters, Anderson). Not two of them though. Pache/Waters + Wright + lower level guy, I could get down with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl Showalter said:

God I’d hate giving up Pache, but for Thor, I’d probably give up one of the big 3 (Pache, Waters, Anderson). Not two of them though. Pache/Waters + Wright + lower level guy, I could get down with.

Wright has unfortunately ruined his value this season. He has been bad in the minors and dog **** in the majors. There's no way he's going to be a suitable replacement for one of the top three at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

Wright has unfortunately ruined his value this season. He has been bad in the minors and dog **** in the majors. There's no way he's going to be a suitable replacement for one of the top three at this point.

I’ve always been lower on Wright than others. But he still has value (someone would look at his “stuff” and pedigree and think they could maximize his talent).  Based on trade value stuff, it should only require one of the big 3 to get it done, so he’d be a secondary piece.  What I proposed above would actually be an overpay (fair enough to get the upgrade to the rotation), and if they demand more, you pass.  He’s not White Sox Sale (not as good, less control), after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carl Showalter said:

I’ve always been lower on Wright than others. But he still has value (someone would look at his “stuff” and pedigree and think they could maximize his talent).  Based on trade value stuff, it should only require one of the big 3 to get it done, so he’d be a secondary piece.  What I proposed above would actually be an overpay (fair enough to get the upgrade to the rotation), and if they demand more, you pass.  He’s not White Sox Sale (not as good, less control), after all.

I'm running under the assumption that any blockbuster trade that happens ahead of this deadline will be a fairly significant overpay. There aren't that many teams that are sellers, there are a lot of teams that aren't far out from a divisional or WC spot, and there is no secondary waiver deadline this season. If you want extra pieces this going to be your only shot and the handful of sellers know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm running under the assumption that any blockbuster trade that happens ahead of this deadline will be a fairly significant overpay. There aren't that many teams that are sellers, there are a lot of teams that aren't far out from a divisional or WC spot, and there is no secondary waiver deadline this season. If you want extra pieces this going to be your only shot and the handful of sellers know that.

Maybe. I think it’s been slightly overstated how much of it a sellers market it is, and I think most of the modern franchises are just wary of giving the same kind of dumb big overpays the teams did in the past. I’m not surprised there are sellers asking for a massive overpays on guys like Boyd, who’s only really had one good half season, but I’m guessing in the end they either hold onto those players, or take significantly less.

so unless you get a team like the Mets last year, with a brand new GM doing something stupid by trading their best prospects for a reliever, I just don’t see it. I think most trades will be fairly in line with industry value rankings and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

What the **** are they doing?

I think the thought is that they will get more in a Thor trade than they would have to give up for Stroman, so they can go into next season competitive while upgrading their farm system at the same time. It’s kind of a dumb thought, but I think that’s it.

But also kind of shows the market isn’t as seller friendly as it looks. Stroman was at worst the third best available starter, with some control left, and he was picked up for very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now