mdrake34

The Barbershop 2.0 - Sports, Music, Pop Culture

2,677 posts in this topic

So, we’ve got some bushes growing over a little gazebo type thing in our backyard that are now more than 15 feet tall. 

I have to get on the top rung of a 7 foot ladder and extend as far as I can with electric clippers.  

I’m 53 now. 

There’s no way it will cost more to pay someone that knows what they’re doing to get this done than the copay at the ER, right?

Anybody think this is something I should do? 

Just now, Jerry Lundegaard said:

I hate the ******* lottery. And the NBA. And sports.

almost a worst case scenario.

I mean, at least now we don’t have to overdraft the non-Zion Duke guys, but Christ. 

HolyMoses likes this

24 minutes ago, Jerry Lundegaard said:

Cleveland: got it 3 times in 4 years, 4 times in 12 years.
Philly: back-to-back years
New Orleans: twice in 8 years.
Atlanta: never

Adam Silver: we want to reward teams that try to win.

NBA: lol, jk, **** you hawks.

There's something weird with David Griffin.

Hes now got the #1 pick 4 out of 5 possible times......

I'm perfectly fine with this.

I wanted Culver, so meh on that front. 

But the Mavs pick actually conveyed, Knicks got screwed, and after Culver and Hunter around pick 5 the next 10-15 players are pretty much the same. 

Wish we got top 5, but it doesn't much matter past that. 

I'd be trading back like a mad man if I was Schlenk. TON of solid rotational players in the late teens. There's almost zero drop off from 8 to 19. Gimme Thybulle a million times over Reddish. 

18 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

So, we’ve got some bushes growing over a little gazebo type thing in our backyard that are now more than 15 feet tall. 

I have to get on the top rung of a 7 foot ladder and extend as far as I can with electric clippers.  

I’m 53 now. 

There’s no way it will cost more to pay someone that knows what they’re doing to get this done than the copay at the ER, right?

Anybody think this is something I should do? 

I'm 53.  Last week I went to a rent a tool place and got one of those tree pruner things.  (long telescopic pole with saw at end).  I was intending to raise the canopy on a couple of trees on my property.  I spent about half an hour sawing through a couple of forearm sized branches and then had to give up due to me being old and out of shape.  The next day I could literally barely move I was so sore.  I'd strongly suggest paying a young person to do the work you described.  Even if you don't wind up in the emergency room you are libel to be paying for it for days after as your body tries to work out all the lactic acid build up.  I'm only just now getting back to normal.

HolyMoses and mdrake34 like this

10 minutes ago, Googlywoogly said:

I'm 53.  Last week I went to a rent a tool place and got one of those tree pruner things.  (long telescopic pole with saw at end).  I was intending to raise the canopy on a couple of trees on my property.  I spent about half an hour sawing through a couple of forearm sized branches and then had to give up due to me being old and out of shape.  The next day I could literally barely move I was so sore.  I'd strongly suggest paying a young person to do the work you described.  Even if you don't wind up in the emergency room you are libel to be paying for it for days after as your body tries to work out all the lactic acid build up.  I'm only just now getting back to normal.

On the way to school this morning, my son pointed out that, in fact, we have a telescoping pole with a pruner or saw attachment.  Which is a reminder that the mind goes as well as the body.

I'm going to dig that bad boy out and finish the job tonight.  The pain I feel tomorrow will be less than that of the shame I would feel for calling someone to do work that I should be able to handle myself.  I need to get back in the gym anyway.

21 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

On the way to school this morning, my son pointed out that, in fact, we have a telescoping pole with a pruner or saw attachment.  Which is a reminder that the mind goes as well as the body.

I'm going to dig that bad boy out and finish the job tonight.  The pain I feel tomorrow will be less than that of the shame I would feel for calling someone to do work that I should be able to handle myself.  I need to get back in the gym anyway.

Please report on the aftermath.  I had muscles on my side under my armpits all the way down to my waistline that I didn't know I had super sore.  It literally hurt to breath for 2 days afterwards.  I am a hiker and can walk up and down steep hills all day,  Apparently I need to work on my upper body strength.