HASHBROWN3

Falcons GM: Rodgers told me to get Ryan deal done

38 posts in this topic

LOL, Thoughts?  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934475/article/falcons-gm-rodgers-told-me-to-get-ryan-deal-done

Atlanta Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff recently provided insight on putting together quarterback Matt Ryan's contract during a guest appearance on Andrew Brandt's The Business of Sports podcast.

Dimitroff dove into the business side of football, discussing how the Falcons wanted to get a deal done with Ryan and complimented the open lines of communications with Ryan's agent, Tom Condon of CAA Sports.

But the Falcons general manager also offered up a humorous nugget on Green Bay Packersquarterback Aaron Rodgers from a chance meeting in Minneapolis.

"I saw Aaron, interestingly enough, at the Super Bowl in the airport," Dimitroff said. "He just said to me, 'We don't know each other that well, but just get this deal done with Matt first so I can get on with my life.'"

The Falcons eventually signed Ryan to a blockbuster five-year, $150 million deal with $100 million guaranteed, so the spotlight now shifts to the Packers, Rodgers and the quarterback's agent, David Dunn of Athletes First.

Rodgers has two years remaining on his contract, and will earn base salaries of $19.8 million in 2018 and $20 million in 2020.

Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst has indicated numerous times throughout the offseason that the team wants to get something done on Rodgers' contract soon.

And NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on the heels of Ryan's deal that the expectation is for a deal to be accomplished between the Packers and Rodgers before Green Bay reports for training camp.

But until the contract is signed, the Rodgers Watch continues.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Always liked Rodgers, seems like the QB I’d most want to have a beer and shoot the **** with. I know a lot of people find him too arrogant 

That said I’ve enjoyed owning him and his team over the past 2 seasons. Poole laid one of the hardest hits I’ve seen in a long time on a QB in that NFCCG

11 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Always liked Rodgers, seems like the QB I’d most want to have a beer and shoot the **** with. I know a lot of people find him too arrogant 

That said I’ve enjoyed owning him and his team over the past 2 seasons. Poole laid one of the hardest hits I’ve seen in a long time on a QB in that NFCCG

He is a lil arrogant but I know what you mean...he seems like he might be pretty cool to hang with....Brees is a lil arrogant as well...but I would just want to punch him in the face..

rugger8, HASHBROWN3 and papachaz like this

5 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Really? I’d much rather hang with Matt. But if I got to choose any QB all time to hang with would probably be Peyton. 

Slappywhite and Emmitt like this

1 minute ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Why Peyton? 

I always liked his commercials and he just seemed really fun from it. Like just wants to be laid back and joke around. 

Slappywhite likes this

Matt would never approach another GM and tell him to do something like this..  I, for one, am really glad he’s not that type of player.

Rodgers needs to get on with his life??  I’m sorry, but I have no sympathy.  Dude, you make a boatload.  You’re about to make more.  What’s the issue?  Not like it won’t happen.  Take a deep breath Aaron.  ****, I’ll take one too, but sounds pretty juvenile to me.  

27 minutes ago, FuhRealDoh said:

Matt would never approach another GM and tell him to do something like this..  I, for one, am really glad he’s not that type of player.

Rodgers needs to get on with his life??  I’m sorry, but I have no sympathy.  Dude, you make a boatload.  You’re about to make more.  What’s the issue?  Not like it won’t happen.  Take a deep breath Aaron.  ****, I’ll take one too, but sounds pretty juvenile to me.  

Dude...it was a joke. Seems like fans can't accept that pro athletes are real people with personalities.

Statick, Kung-Pow, Yo_Lover and 2 others like this

I don't get it. Why is everybody reacting so negatively to this? I kinda think Rodgers is a D bag, but it's pretty well known that Rodgers really respects Ryan. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

41 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Rodgers is such a self centered arrogant prick, he really needs to stfu and mind his own dawn business

His contract is next, he wanted Matt to set the bar so he can pass it.

17 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Poole laid him out twice in the same game.  Twas incredible.

2 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

His contract is next, he wanted Matt to set the bar so he can pass it.

I know he still needs to STFU

14 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Really? I’d much rather hang with Matt. But if I got to choose any QB all time to hang with would probably be Peyton. 

If I could choose a qb,  I think I'd like to hang with Ken Stabler RIP.  I like hookers and blow.

21 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

He is a lil arrogant but I know what you mean...he seems like he might be pretty cool to hang with....Brees is a lil arrogant as well...but I would just want to punch him in the face..

His teammates don't necessarily think so.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

His teammates don't necessarily think so.

Lol....I would like to talk some football with him....someone mentioned Matt....Matt seems boring as h€ll...lol

3 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol....I would like to talk some football with him....someone mentioned Matt....Matt seems boring as h€ll...lol

Give me Matt Ryan over Aaron Rodgers any day. My brother is like Aaron Rodgers (Me me me, kiss my ***, I'm the greatest thing ever invented, **** you *******) type person. Can't stand it.