So now R. Allen wants a long term contract ... ???

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

This is so true....I was one of them...I was 225 and strong as an ox and was clocked several times at a 4.29...it takes more than being athletic....

I was 5’10 165 running a 4.32 in my first year of semi pro, years later I was 5’10” 185 running 4.4

at 33 my last year of semi pro I was just at 200 and running. 4.49 and 4.5

Free Safety

17 minutes ago, 10 Yard Fight said:

Get in line.  Maybe if there's something left after Julio gets paid.  But then there's Jake "Holding in the Superbowl" Matthews.  Good grief.

I hope the Falcons aren't going to make 18 impending free agents stand in line behind the guy with three well paid years left on his contract.  That would be odd.

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I hope the Falcons aren't going to make 18 impending free agents stand in line behind the guy with three well paid years left on his contract.  That would be odd.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You really think TD’s that dumb? 

I wonder.  TD may do exactly this based solely on Julio's popularity.

8 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I was responding to the poster that said Rico has to stand in line behind Julio.  TD seems like a smart guy to me.

6 minutes ago, 10 Yard Fight said:

Julio’s gonna get an updated deal, you folks may as well get your heads around that. 

But it will have nothing to do with whether allen stays or goes. 

1 minute ago, 10 Yard Fight said:

I think the Falcons are going to kill Julio with kindness publicly but not give him additional money in his contract.  He has no leverage.

What's he going to do, not come to camp?  Then he gets a big azz fine every day, and if he misses actual games he not only doesn't get paid his $656,250 per game check, but he also puts signing bonus money he has already received at risk.

It's just too bad Julio is making this play, odd move.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Julio’s gonna get an upgraded deal, you folks may as well get your heads around that. 

But it will have nothing to do with whether allen stays or goes. 

I kind of doubt it.   We'll see.  Maybe some salary converted to bonus and an injury guarantee.

Just now, Peyton said:

I think the Falcons are going to kill Julio with kindness publicly but not give him additional money in his contract.  He has no leverage.

What's he going to do, not come to camp?  Then he gets a big azz fine every day, and if he misses actual games he not only doesn't get paid his $656,250 per game check, but he also puts signing bonus money he has already received at risk.

It's just too bad Julio is making this play, odd move.

That's what a team should do, but Blank seems more interested in keeping people happy, and that gives Julio some leverage.  Blank shouldn't have tipped his hand by saying Julio will be here forever.

Just now, 10 Yard Fight said:

That's what a team should do, but Blank seems more interested in keeping people happy, and that gives Julio some leverage.  Blank shouldn't have tipped his hand by saying Julio will be here forever.

But he can do that because he has complete control over Julio.  Julio can play out his deal and then the Falcons could franchise him twice with no problem.  So Arthur can do that without really putting any pressure on himself.  There is no way Julio is going to sit out and he knows it.

3 minutes ago, Peyton said:

But he can do that because he has complete control over Julio.  Julio can play out his deal and then the Falcons could franchise him twice with no problem.  So Arthur can do that without really putting any pressure on himself.  There is no way Julio is going to sit out and he knows it.

I don' think Blank is worried about JJ sitting out.  Blank has always seemed more focused on his employees not looking disgruntled.

5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Why is Julio unhappy?

He's seeing other WRs getting paid more, which is irrelevant considering when those contracts were signed.  The value of NFL contracts are inflating so much, so fast, that everyone checking the market is going to be mad about their peers getting more cash.  Odd that JJ and/or his agent decided to air this grievance after a down year for his production.  Would have made more sense next offseason after he gets back on track with yard and TDs, and having only 2 years left on the deal.

I don' think Blank is worried about JJ sitting out.  Blank has always seemed more focused on his employees not looking disgruntled.

I get that, but Julio has been treated very well and has no reason to be disgruntled.  They will do something for him I think to help him save face here, but I don't think it will be much.

He's seeing other WRs getting paid more, which is irrelevant considering when those contracts were signed.  The value of NFL contracts are inflating so much, so fast, that everyone checking the market is going to be mad about their peers getting more cash.  Odd that JJ and/or his agent decided to air this grievance after a down year for his production.  Would have made more sense next offseason after he gets back on track with yard and TDs, and having only 2 years left on the deal.

Yeah like I said yesterday, if Matt Ryan comes back in three years and says "I need a raise because QBs are getting paid 36 mil a year on new deals", people will lose their mind.

I think maybe half of the fans think Julio is out of line, and I can't figure out why he get such a pass after letting us down in big moments last year.

Just now, Peyton said:

I get that, but Julio has been treated very well and has no reason to be disgruntled.  They will do something for him I think to help him save face here, but I don't think it will be much.

I agree except that Blank tends to overcorrect to look like he's generous.  More recently, he's said publicly that he expects players (namely Ryan) to take team-friendly deals so as to not hurt the team, but I bet Blank will give JJ too much and get burned for it later.  He's loyal/generous to a fault.

Just now, Peyton said:

Yeah like I said yesterday, if Matt Ryan comes back in three years and says "I need a raise because QBs are getting paid 36 mil a year on new deals", people will lose their mind.

I think maybe half of the fans think Julio is out of line, and I can't figure out why he get such a pass after letting us down in big moments last year.

He gets a pass because he's not the diva that other WRs have been over the years, but some fans/commentators aren't giving him a pass.