Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

National Anthem Rule Passed

582 posts in this topic

Question:

How deep into the season will we get before there is a game when all but 3 or 4 Black players stay in the locker room because of some continued issues?

I say, 8 weeks in.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Another big problem with this is a lot of these guys paint cops as all the same people and that they're all bad while at the same time not realizing that there is constantly an nfl player in the news for beating a girlfriends, drugs, killing someone, fighting dogs, ect. 

It's not like it's nuns out there protesting cops and it comes off as hypocrisy to a lot of people especially when you have people like Michael Bennett lying about social situations. 

So you’re mad they, allegedly, lump all cops together as one(they don’t) and you combat that by...lumping all NFL players as one. :lol: that’s some good ol’ fashioned southern logic

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Another big problem with this is a lot of these guys paint cops as all the same people and that they're all bad while at the same time not realizing that there is constantly an nfl player in the news for beating a girlfriends, drugs, killing someone, fighting dogs, ect. 

It's not like it's nuns out there protesting cops and it comes off as hypocrisy to a lot of people especially when you have people like Michael Bennett lying about social situations. 

*When a "bad cop" is being "bad", why don't the "good cops" standing there, witnessing the "bad" behavior, stop it or arrest them?:huh:

-This is a rhetorical question. Don't answer. Thanks!!!!

The Smart One likes this

2 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

So you’re mad they, allegedly, lump all cops together as one(they don’t) and you combat that by...lumping all NFL players as one. :lol: that’s some good ol’ fashioned southern logic

This isn't about what I think. It's about perception, dingus. 

What do you think the public thinks about a bunch of millionaires protesting about police while constantly being in the news for violent crimes?? 

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

What do you think the public thinks about a bunch of millionaires protesting about police while constantly being in the news for violent crimes?? 

HEY!!! No name calling! Be civil.

Wjcorner likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I forget, when was Kap in the news for committing a violent crime?

Bunchy Carter and OC like this

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Another big problem with this is a lot of these cops paint minorities as all the same people and that they're all bad while at the same time not realizing that there is constantly a cop in the news for beating people, pulling people over for arbitrary reasons, killing someone, planting evidence, ect. 

It's not like it's nuns out there patrolling our streets and it comes off as hypocrisy to a lot of people especially when you have people like the current Attorney General of the United States lying about social situations. 

Not hard to have a counter bubble.

Ive been in the military for 15 years and the anthem protests never bothered me nor did I ever see it as an attack on the military. I serve so that people are able to use their 1st amendment rights. Unless you are in the military you are under no obligation to render proper customs and courtesies

OC, Bunchy Carter, MAD597 and 2 others like this

3 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

*When a "bad cop" is being "bad", why don't the "good cops" standing there, witnessing the "bad" behavior, stop it or arrest them?:huh:

-This is a rhetorical question. Don't answer. Thanks!!!!

I know you're kidding, but that is a significant portion of the problem. 

Were it not for "good" cops looking the other way, "bad" cops wouldn't be able to get away with douchebaggery as often. 

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

Ive been in the military for 15 years and the anthem protests never bothered me nor did I ever see it as an attack on the military. I serve so that people are able to use their 1st amendment rights. Unless you are in the military you are under no obligation to render proper customs and courtesies

Thank you for your service and that statement. However, I'll make one slight correction: This is not a first-amendment issue. And I say that as someone who is firmly on the side of those protesting. 

4 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

I know you're kidding, but that is a significant portion of the problem. 

Were it not for "good" cops looking the other way, "bad" cops wouldn't be able to get away with douchebaggery as often. 

I agree, but to play devils advocate:

Why do people expect cops to "snitch" on other cops when often times "snitching" is frowned upon in the communities that are being patrolled by those officers. One could say it's due to the authority factor, but lets not act like there isnt a heirarchy on the streets as well and the rule still applies.

Not trying to troll, just would be nice to hear a response.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So now it’s what all your racist friends think, not what you actually believe? :lol: weird how you didn’t say, ‘this is the public perception’ the first time you mentioned it...just that, ‘these guys aren’t nuns, they’re always in the news for crimes, etc.’ yet I’m supposed to assume you’re talking about your anecdotal observations, not your opinion. 

If the public can’t separate bad apples from the good, then the players are right to kneel because that’s a pretty serious allegation to make about your fellow Americans. Prejudice never been a good look in American history.

How about we continue this discussion without the name calling too, we both know you don’t bring that same energy off the internet

The whole kneeling during anthem has ruined the nfl. Fans started boycotting the league. Now nfl is forcing players to stand, how much you wanna bet Fans gonna boycott?

10 Yard Fight likes this

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Why do people expect cops to "snitch" on other cops when often times "snitching" is frowned upon in the communities that are being patrolled by those officers. One could say it's due to the authority factor, but lets not act like there isnt a heirarchy on the streets as well and the rule still applies.

If you live by a no snitch code, it’s because you handle your business on your own. They obviously ain’t handling the business on their own either.

Taxpayers have never been held to the no snitching ethos. You expect the guy DOING DIRT WITH YOU, to not snitch. It was built to stop lower level criminals from flipping on their bosses and becoming informants. Not for a white hat to stop a black hat.

2 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

If you live by a no snitch code, it’s because you handle your business on your own. They obviously ain’t handling the business on their own either.

Taxpayers have never been held to the no snitching ethos. You expect the guy DOING DIRT WITH YOU, to not snitch. It was built to stop lower level criminals from flipping on their bosses and becoming informants. Not for a white hat to stop a black hat.

I dunno. I grew up in a pretty bad area and it was standard practice that if you saw something, you kept your mouth shut and minded your own business, whether you were involved or not.

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nobody paints all cops as the same people. The only concern for most is that they look the other way when a fellow officer steps over the line. In my opinion, if a cop is caught on video for kicking a handcuffed suspect in the head, the four other cops who witnessed him do it should be immediately disciplined for failing to arrest him on the spot, let alone leave it out of their report. That's ALWAYS A CRIME, regardless of who does it.

People are asking for accountability. If a cop shot your wife when she was cooperative because she "made a sudden move" and it was caught on video, you'd demand that something more than a 6 month behind-the-scenes investigation by the union and IAD be conducted, especially when they came back and said "tough ****, what're you going to do about it?" at the end. And if you say that you're okay with that, then you're less of a man than you probably take credit for being.

It takes one witness account of a crime to get you or me locked up and charged but it takes years sometimes for the "investigation" into whether a cop was right or wrong to conclude? GTFOOH. That needs to be fixed.

Whoops! Did I just get political?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

A "snitch" is a person who is guilty of doing the same thing they tell on another person for. In those "communities", law-abiding citizens are usually the ones who call the police. The rule has been taken into a broad context because the penalty for those who are true "snitches" is high. Therefore, calling the police is lumped in. So don't try to use that excuse. Plenty of people in the "community" report crimes regularly and without retaliation.

What is the value of standing for the national anthem if it is not voluntary?

That said, this should help TV ratings and keep the salary cap rising, which we'll need.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Nobody paints all cops as the same people. The only concern for most is that they look the other way when a fellow officer steps over the line. In my opinion, if a cop is caught on video for kicking a handcuffed suspect in the head, the four other cops who witnessed him do it should be immediately disciplined for failing to arrest him on the spot, let alone leave it out of their report. That's ALWAYS A CRIME, regardless of who does it.

People are asking for accountability. If a cop shot your wife when she was cooperative because she "made a sudden move" and it was caught on video, you'd demand that something more than a 6 month behind-the-scenes investigation by the union and IAD be conducted, especially when they came back and said "tough ****, what're you going to do about it?" at the end. And if you say that you're okay with that, then you're less of a man than you probably take credit for being.

It takes one witness account of a crime to get you or me locked up and charged but it takes years sometimes for the "investigation" into whether a cop was right or wrong to conclude? GTFOOH. That needs to be fixed.

Whoops! Did I just get political?

giphy.gif

Dang son! Mic drop!

JayOzOne and Marco102 like this

Just now, RubberDucky said:

I dunno. I grew up in a pretty bad area and it was standard practice that if you saw something, you kept your mouth shut and minded your own business, whether you were involved or not.

Mfers knew not to do nothing around my grandma and her golden girls friends houses in my area..had a clique of them, all of them foster parents, and they’d tell all the kids to keep that bs down the street because if they see it they calling the cops. Nobody ever bothered her, and they knew not to do the extra bs down that street. Your situation sounds weird. Like, how are these ‘hoodlums’ going to know you called/went to the cops anyways if you not in the game? 

2 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

A "snitch" is a person who is guilty of doing the same thing they tell on another person for. In those "communities", law-abiding citizens are usually the ones who call the police. The rule has been taken into a broad context because the penalty for those who are true "snitches" is high. Therefore, calling the police is lumped in. So don't try to use that excuse. Plenty of people in the "community" report crimes regularly and without retaliation.

I called the cops when my neighbor's condo got broken into. Took them 45 minutes to show up but I had pictures of the guys who did it and even pointed them out when they were trying to tiptoe away while still holding the gear. Busted them on the spot but let them off with probation after a guilty plea. All I did by calling is helped my neighbor get her stuff back. And when I saw her again, she didn't take two seconds to look my way, let alone thank me.

Now, imagine if I lived in a high crime area and gang members were a part of my daily interactions. Even a well-meaning guy like me (I didn't call because I wanted her gratitude; screw her) would have to think twice when the most that I would get out of it is imminent threat to myself and/or my property.

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Players will hold signs now during the anthem until the league makes another new rule :D

LOL!

I'd love to see that. I also hope every Black player on every team stays in the locker room all season every time the Anthem is played.

Bunchy Carter likes this

6 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Like I replied to someone else.

I grew up in a pretty bad area (Was called the Peach Orchard in Macon Ga., Now known as Lynmore Estates) and it was standard practice that if you saw something, you kept your mouth shut and minded your own business, whether you were involved or not. 

Dont talk to me about excuses when I lived the life and have 1st hand knowledge in what im speaking about.