ya_boi_j

National Anthem Rule Passed

582 posts in this topic

I don't have an issue with the rule.  While I support the underlying cause of justice inequality, taking a knee (or any other similar protest during the anthem) is no longer a good vehicle for that message or movement.

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

It’ll be an issue lol...’why x star player’ ain’t out on the field will become the new outrage. People complained when this was one of the proposed remedies

Man, I can't wait!!!

3 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

It’ll be an issue lol...’why x star player’ ain’t out on the field will become the new outrage. People complained when this was one of the proposed remedies

Not seeing something isn’t nearly as shocking. When people accused Rob Ford of smoking crack it was treated as a funny joke of sorts until videos of him ACTUALLY smoking crack came out and there was public outcry. Same goes for something like police brutality. People care MORE when they see it for their own eyes. Until then it’s almost treated like heresay and way less vivid even if true. 

isproab likes this

2 minutes ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

Ok...and? You are right. I am a professional nobody. They are professional football players. People pay me to be a professional at my job. People pay them to be a professional at theirs. They are paid to play football. I don’t care if they are republican, Democrat, gay, straight, white, Black, Asian or whatever else. I only care to see them intercept, kick, throw tackle effectively. You know the thing they are professionals at. 

They can use their social media or whatever else to voice their opinions on their free time. I don’t need to see them do it when they know people are forced to watch them using their job as a platform. 

Nice job trying to be a passive aggressive ******* too Mr. Nobody.

Yeah, and last I checked the anthem is before the game is played. So what's the problem?

Also. what's "unprofessional" about kneeling? This is a sensitive issue on both sides. I could easily say people who are standing in solidarity and showing loyalty to such a brutal country are being "unprofessional".   

Doobs and red falcon like this

Thank god. It's about time these guys shut the **** up and stopped protesting police brutality. Don't they realize that if they'd just stop being black they wouldn't have to worry about anything?

'Murica. 

red falcon and The Smart One like this

36 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

The NFL is protecting its image which it has every right to do.

If these players want to protest they can do it when they are not at work.

Exactly! Protest on your own time and not during business hours.

3 minutes ago, Willy Mo said:

You should be able to, and that's the point. Your boss, or "owner", should not be your personal God who lords over you at every second. 

No people shouldn’t just be able to do what they want at work. My boss is only my boss while at work and I respect them and my colleagues while I am at work. I don’t look at them as a God. They have their job and I have mine. But at the end of the day we are working as professionals to do our jobs to the best our abilities in our roles. 

When the clock hits 5, I go home and do whatever the **** I want. That’s how life works and thank god it does because Id hate to see the version of it under your scenario.

Just now, Falcon Ben said:

Thank god. It's about time these guys shut the **** up and stopped protesting police brutality. Don't they realize that if they'd just stop being black they wouldn't have to worry about anything?

'Murica. 

Oh $#!T!!

It's on now!!!! You done kicked the dog!

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They're not. They are while you're on their time getting paid though.

Do it on your own time. YOUR OWN TIME. Not your bosses.

One example of this is Jordan Peterson a Psychology professor and Public Speaker here. He very openly expressed his opinions on some topics and is no longer a teacher. He is making way more money now as a somewhat controversial speaker, but you can’t just say and do whatever you want and expect to keep a job. Not how it works. 

23 minutes ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

Good. I don’t use my workplace as a medium for protest and I don’t watch football to watch them protest. I watch football to watch players play football for which they are handsomely rewarded. 

The NFL is simply sending the message that players are to keep the focus where the fans want it to be...on football. I applaud the move.

Ok, cool, but here is the rub.  I'm a fan.  I don't mind the protest.  I think its great that the players are taking a stance on an important social issue.  So if I'm a fan, then why should my point of view be shoved to the side?  If you want to get technical, the NFL basically opened this can of worms when they started having the players out there in the first place.  Why was that done?  Money.

Not sure what the uproar is about.  This is straight from the NBA rule book...

2) Players, coaches, and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

Birdy Dird likes this

1 minute ago, isproab said:

Ok, cool, but here is the rub.  I'm a fan.  I don't mind the protest.  I think its great that the players are taking a stance on an important social issue.  So if I'm a fan, then why should my point of view be shoved to the side?  If you want to get technical, the NFL basically opened this can of worms when they started having the players out there in the first place.  Why was that done?  Money.

I agree they should have never had the players out there to start and you are right it was probably done for money over other ramifications such as this one.

gkgrimes and red falcon like this

1 minute ago, notthatcool said:

Not sure what the uproar is about.  This is straight from the NBA rule book...

2) Players, coaches, and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

I bet $100 that YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURE what the uproar is about. You just wanted to post that rule. You rascal.

OC and red falcon like this

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Not seeing something isn’t nearly as shocking. When people accused Rob Ford of smoking crack it was treated as a funny joke of sorts until videos of him ACTUALLY smoking crack came out and there was public outcry. Same goes for something like police brutality. People care MORE when they see it for their own eyes. Until then it’s almost treated like heresay and way less vivid even if true. 

They’re gonna see it when it’s brought to their attention. I mean, nobody noticed Kaep doing it for what, 3 games? Then the media ran with the story. You think the media doesn’t want to report every player who doesn’t show up as they talk about the new rule every. single. week?

Just now, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I bet $100 that YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURE what the uproar is about. You just wanted to post that rule. You rascal.

I agree it is all about quieting the players and protecting the cash.  But the NBA has been doing it for years.  

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

They’re gonna see it when it’s brought to their attention. I mean, nobody noticed Kaep doing it for what, 3 games? Then the media ran with the story. You think the media doesn’t want to report every player who doesn’t show up as they talk about the new rule every. single. week?

And the player could just say he had to take a piss, that’s why he wasn’t out on the field. Or he could say he’s protesting. But not actually holding a camera on a protesting player will absolutely dial back outcry. 

34 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

In all my years of being a football fan, don't think I ever once watched the national anthem. 

Dude on Facebook actually told me that if he hears the anthem while driving his rig, he pulls over, turns it up and stands in attention. That's the level of BS people will resort to in order to try to act patriotic. Only a few people in this country (number is probably in the thousands, not the tens or hundreds of thousands) stand up for the anthem at home. Nobody complains about the cameramen at the stadium working while the anthem is played. Or about the half naked ladies patriotically standing in attention. Or people in the snack line. Or walking back to their seats. As a matter of fact, if the people who claim to be respectful of the flag were looking at Ol' Glory while the anthem was playing, they'd never notice the players who protest.

I get it if you're ticked off about the protests. That's why they did it. But if you can't tell the truth about WHY you're ticked off then you should save it.

OC and IndiscreetGeek like this

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

And the player could just say he had to take a piss, that’s why he wasn’t out on the field. Or he could say he’s protesting. But not actually holding a camera on a protesting player will absolutely dial back outcry. 

Disagree. This reform was met with outrage when it was suggested. From both sides.

Another big problem with this is a lot of these guys paint cops as all the same people and that they're all bad while at the same time not realizing that there is constantly an nfl player in the news for beating a girlfriends, drugs, killing someone, fighting dogs, ect. 

It's not like it's nuns out there protesting cops and it comes off as hypocrisy to a lot of people especially when you have people like Michael Bennett lying about social situations. 

1989Fan and Birdy Dird like this