Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athell

Mychal Kendricks released

90 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Peyton said:

If the guy is looking for a lot of snaps I can't see why he would consider Atlanta, he's not going to get a lot of snaps on this defense.

He'd start in base wouldn't he, definitely not in Nickle.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He'd start in base wouldn't he, definitely not in Nickle.

These days it seems like teams play more snaps in Nickle than in base.

I don't think this dude wants to be a 3rd LB though, either way.  We'll see if he gets the opportunity he is looking for.

Flying Falcon and Malachore like this

20 hours ago, cportcuz said:

I want him in falcons somehow. I’m not sure how we make it happen but it’s a must we do.

You'd have to admit Riley is a bust ( to early in my opinion ) to sign Kendricks .

6 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Pretty good breakdown, including a couple of plays against us in the playoffs.

: trigger warning:

Holy ****, how did 27 not get flagged for holding on Sanu on the 4th and goal?

On 5/22/2018 at 3:42 PM, athell said:

Atlanta was linked to him via trade rumors in the offseason...so maybe...

Would dropping Brooks Reed come with a massive cap hit or would we gain some Kendricks signing money

1 hour ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Would dropping Brooks Reed come with a massive cap hit or would we gain some Kendricks signing money

No.  He has a 4.8m dead money hit.  Plus Brooks has been low key solid for us, not sure that's the route i would go.

Vandy, 1989Fan and Slappywhite like this

48 minutes ago, athell said:

No.  He has a 4.8m dead money hit.  Plus Brooks has been low key solid for us, not sure that's the route i would go.

Then who's on a one year deal with zero guarantees? MK could be a game changer for us.

7 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Then who's on a one year deal with zero guarantees? MK could be a game changer for us.

Don't necessarily need to cut anyone...for example if they rework Julio they could clear enough space.  Or Jake.

Agree tho...Kendricks would be an amazing get especially this late.

Flying Falcon and Slappywhite like this

On 5/23/2018 at 7:50 AM, Vandy said:

Kinda like the Michael Bennett rumors last offseason...only way we could afford a Bennett/Kendricks/Hankins-like signing is if we cut matt Schaub loose.

folks in here whine constantly about elite players Ryan/Julio/free contracts, but Schaub is the one who has been stealing money for years here. 

First 2 years in this system I think we needed him.

Now?  I agree.  He's paid way too much to hold a clipboard and listen to a headset.  We should have drafted a QB this year.  And IMHO we have to draft one next year, and we'd better make a good decision.  One of the few personnel quibbles I have since Quinn came along -- we aren't maximizing value at the QB position.  We have the franchise.  Good teams draft capable developmental players and develop and trade them.  We grab guys off the scrap heap and then pay Schaub a metric **** ton of money.  It's just not good business.

Vandy likes this

Just reading an article about Kendricks and I think it is unlikely that he would be a good fit in Atlanta.  This guys thinks way more highly of himself than his former coaching staff did, or apparently most of the league because the article I was reading says they have been trying to trade him since Chip Kelly was the coach. He wants to be given a starting job, and that just wouldn't happen in Atlanta.

Slappywhite and Vandy like this