Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
athell

Mychal Kendricks released

90 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

But we got 2

And we have the kind of origination that big name players will play for for  cheap.. Because you know we are the Falcons 

2 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

And we have the kind of origination that big name players will play for for  cheap.. Because you know we are the Falcons 

Not necessarily but we can Free up money by dropping Schaub correct?

44 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Not necessarily but we can Free up money by dropping Schaub correct?

I was being sarcastic lol people just assume that we can offer people peanuts and because ab is a stand up guy thay they'll accept haha. 

5. Atlanta Falcons

After spending a third-round pick on Duke Riley in 2017, it's not yet clear how the Falcons feel about their second-year linebacker, who started six games last season. If they were to add Kendricks, Riley would almost certainly be headed to the bench, which might impede his development. Of course, if the Falcons feel like they're in the middle of their Super Bowl window -- and that's exactly how they should feel -- then adding Kendricks would be a smart move. The Falcons reportedly tried to trade for Kendricks during the 2017 offseason after he originally made his trade demands.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-surprisingly-cut-mychal-kendricks-here-are-nine-potential-landing-spots-for-linebacker/

Slappywhite likes this

17 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

That means there is hope that we may actually put in a waiver claim or sign him.

He is consider a Vet so there is no waiver he has to clear. He already been in the league 4 years (plus he resigned with the Eagles a year ago).

athell, Slappywhite and Smiler11 like this

32 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Pretty sure he'll have to pass waivers and that'll be a long shot.

No waivers.  He has been in the league for 4+ years.  (Woops...yea what Kung Fu said)

But why is this idiot making thread after thread about Kendricks?  Stick to one thread.

Edited by athell
Kung Fu Kenny and Slappywhite like this

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Folks in here wanted us to trade for him in offseason.....I predicted he would be released. 

Still not sure I want him, he’ll just get in the way of younger guys like Oluokun development....

think he could be huge for us THIS year while Foye develops. WLB is the only ? on our defense. We atleast know who will be playing at DT. No clue who starts at will. Right now Ishmael could be our best option, as there is just no clear starter. Kendricks solves that and would thrive in this system at WLB. As stated by g-dawg their is virtually zero chance of a multi year deal. I dont see the money being there.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Slappywhite likes this

9 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

There has to be something hiding (injury? arrest? drugs? giant contract demands?) as to why they are just letting him go.  And, why would the Eagles let him go knowing one of his primary suitors would be Atlanta-their first opponent?

Cap casualty

Does Kendricks lead a tackle by lowering his head a bit?  If so, I guess we don't need him... or Keanu, or Deion, or most of our defense, and certainly not most of our offense, nope, don't need any running backs either or Olinemen...

I'm depressed... :(

I really feel if we can somehow get him we are going to the SB not that he is that great but he would make our D solid. If Sark can get his act together and Saubert and Fusso ball out we are on our way. Get em TD leave no stone unturned!

15 hours ago, HaRdH3ad said:

If we can wiggle this in somehow I’m all for it

Kinda like the Michael Bennett rumors last offseason...only way we could afford a Bennett/Kendricks/Hankins-like signing is if we cut matt Schaub loose.

folks in here whine constantly about elite players Ryan/Julio/free contracts, but Schaub is the one who has been stealing money for years here. 

Slappywhite, k-train and athell like this

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Kinda like the Michael Bennett rumors last offseason...only way we could afford a Bennett/Kendricks/Hankins-like signing is if we cut matt Schaub loose.

folks in here whine constantly about elite players Ryan/Julio/free contracts, but Schaub is the one who has been stealing money for years here. 

I get he's like a 2nd coach but Matt doesn't need him and he's not going to win us many games if Matty goes down.

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

This guy ain't signing a 1 year deal, the only way we were getting him was through trade and if that were true we would have traded for him since no one else did.

If you want to sign Kendricks,  who would you release to make it happen? As it looks now, that will be the only way we are able to do so.

BROTHERHOOD

If the guy is looking for a lot of snaps I can't see why he would consider Atlanta, he's not going to get a lot of snaps on this defense.

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

I get he's like a 2nd coach but Matt doesn't need him and he's not going to win us many games if Matty goes down.

People say this "he's knows the offense so well, he's like a coach" stuff all the time about Schaub, but I just don't think it's relevant these days.

That was kinda accurate in year one of Shanny being here, but this is not Shanny's offense anymore, so Schaub has no more experience than anyone else in this scheme.

People also talk about how they'd rather have a vet come in than some untested rookie if Matt Ryan went down. Here's the thing with that... Schaub hasn't thrown a pass in a meaningful game in   3 years. You gotta go back 5 years to the last time he actually had a significant number of snaps, and in the time he has played in the past half a decade, he's been pretty bad.

Give me the rookie. At least they may've played in a meaningful bowl game of some sort in recent history & they have some kinda upside.

Malachore and Slappywhite like this

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

Exactly. They should change Schaub's uniform to this:
FDF_EM-3190.JPG

Slappywhite and Vandy like this