Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athell

Mychal Kendricks released

90 posts in this topic

There has to be something hiding (injury? arrest? drugs? giant contract demands?) as to why they are just letting him go.  And, why would the Eagles let him go knowing one of his primary suitors would be Atlanta-their first opponent?

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

There has to be something hiding (injury? arrest? drugs? giant contract demands?) as to why they are just letting him go.  And, why would the Eagles let him go knowing one of his primary suitors would be Atlanta-their first opponent?

I think he just has no place with the current roster.  They tried shopping him during the offseason.

10 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

I doubt it is anything like that, he is just their 3rd LBer. He played around 25% of their Defensive snaps in 2016 and was on Pace for the same prior to J. Hicks injury last yr. 

He did play well last yr though after struggling in 2016.

If cheap, he would be a nice addition but he isn't a world beater.

athell and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons will only sign Kendricks if he is willing to do a 1 year deal.  

There is no chance they sign him to a long-term deal with all the guys in line for extensions.

Nor would I want them to tbh.  I'm sure he will be priced out of our range quickly though by teams who are willing to sign up long term and for more yearly.

NeonDeion, jeffro2000 and g-dawg like this

Just now, athell said:

Nor would I want them to tbh.  I'm sure he will be priced out of our range quickly though by teams who are willing to sign up long term and for more yearly.

very good chance though that Kendricks signs a one-year deal for many of the same reasons Dontari Poe did - Kendricks will want a big contract and he is not getting one coming off last year's play/season as virtually a back-up.

Dan Quinn got Poe paid - he can get Kendricks paid as well - but his tenure in Atlanta will only be ONE year - if we sign him.

Total Package and athell like this

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Folks in here wanted us to trade for him in offseason.....I predicted he would be released. 

Still not sure I want him, just get in the way of younger guys like Oluokun development....

Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!-

Somebody get this guy out of here

Lol

I think Oluokun is going to be a steal

Slappywhite, Vandy, shock and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, pren226 said:

I wonder if Worrilow got hurt before or after Kendricks was officially released.

Yeah, heard Worrilow tore his ACL. Hate that for him, possibly the end of his NFL career