gear acquisition syndrome thread

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

what's everyone's fav bluesy drive pedal?

If you get that Deluxe or Princeton, a germ Fuzz Face. I have an Analogman CV7005 Sunface. It is amazing with every guitar I own, but it is magical with a Strat into a Deluxe Reverb. 

7 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

nEE9fun.jpg

Epi LP 100th Anniversary edition, Taylor 114-E, MIM Strat, Ibaznez AS 153, Baja Tele, Vipyr VIP 2, Orange Rocker 15, Vox AC15HW1X

My wife ordered me this for Fathers Day. Just waiting for it to arrive: Deluxe Roadhouse Strat

ztxnehkm37mg92jkws72.jpg

That is what Willis was talking about

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

pulled the trigger on the drri and a couple pedals 

obRDRp8.jpg

You won’t regret it. Great amp. 

Try a Fulldrive 2 for a great all around OD for that amp. Flat mids setting is gold. Comp cut is better if you can turn it up. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, achilles return said:

picture of the new setup

ALbQAEW.jpg

AWESOME! How do you like the Weber? 

I’m getting ready to sell my King of Tone and should be able to clear close to $500, and I kind of want to get an attenuator. And I also still want a Deluxe Reverb. 

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

AWESOME! How do you like the Weber? 

I’m getting ready to sell my King of Tone and should be able to clear close to $500, and I kind of want to get an attenuator. And I also still want a Deluxe Reverb. 

it's pretty legit - with that kind of money i'd hold out for a power station v2, though.

Just now, achilles return said:

it's pretty legit - with that kind of money i'd hold out for a power station v2, though.

That’s what I’m wanting to do, used hopefully. My dream amp is still a Bassman, and most attenuators don’t work with Bassman’s because Bassman’s need to see 2 ohms on the speaker load. PS2 can do that .

• 1 month later...

After the move , my budget changed a bit ( there is way more stuff needed for the house than anticipated  so I scaled back on initial purchase .

I ended up going with just a mexican strat and a Boss Katana

So far this is what I have.

Once the job starts up and a few things are paid down then this will be growing considerably .

guitars.jpeg

amp.jpeg

So the reason I thought I needed a new acoustic pickup was no matter what I did tonight, I couldn't dial out this sizzling irritating tone on the high strings.  It sounded horrible.  Right after I wrote the above, I thought to myself "that's an active pickup -- I wonder if the battery is bad?"

Sure enough, I replaced it and it sounds a billion times better.  

Fuzz pedal it is.