gear acquisition syndrome thread

13 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I wish those ProBuckers were not wax potted.  I mean, it's a pickup swap away from that, but it sucks that they couldn't skip that step in an effort to make a really good product a truly great product.

I have heard that....bit honestly I am not enough of a gear need to notice that much of a difference..... I just know that when I played one a while back.....it was pretty sweet:)

I want to make more of an effort to get more knowledge about the ins and outs of the guitar.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Just placed an order for this.

L28IwoY.jpg

One of the Epiphone Modern LP's

It is supposed to be blemished so I saved 100 bucks on it.

I have been very happy with the SG that I am dipping back into the Epiphone water.

Can't wait to hear your NGD report.  Keep hearing good things about these Epiphones.

23 hours ago, Googlywoogly said:

Can't wait to hear your NGD report.  Keep hearing good things about these Epiphones.

I love the SG.

7 months later it is still my favorite.

It was a bit more economical so I chose it over the LP....but fortunately I was able to snag the LP at the discounted price.....so why not have both?

But yeah the SG has been everything that hope for so I have pretty high expectations... Especially considering this is at the top end of the new inspired by line.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, falconsd56 said:

L28IwoY.jpg

I have been very happy with the SG that I am dipping back into the Epiphone water.

I love my Epiphone LES PAUL.  I like that color on yours. 

On 11/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, falconsd56 said:

L28IwoY.jpg

I really want to play this model. I LOVE Les Pauls, I LOVE Pelham blue, but I hate Les Paul neck joints. I’ve read the neck joint on this one is still awkward though and not as good as the Les Paul Axcess neck joint as far as improved upper fret access. 

Got the LP today.... it is pretty awesome.

I took some pics but they are not wanting to upload.

The sustain on it is unreal....I hit a Em and went made a grill cheese and it was still humming .

The Epiphone strings on it do kinda suck...but usually change strings out anyway.

The reason why it was a hundred bucks off is the  pick up selector switch is missing the cap......easy fix.

Over all....very happy with it.

Epiphone killed it with the new line.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

So now Epiphone is doing a 335 in the "inspired by" line....so yeah I know the next one on the list.

These ************* have ZERO respect for my bank account and financial well being.

I hear ya. I’ve been drooling over the fender uptown strat for about a month now. I have no guitars with humbuckers and it’s eating me alive. Hahaha

They have been solid overall....the couple returns that I had to make they were great about and shipping is usually pretty fast...I think the blemished stuff comes from a different warehouse so those items have taken a bit longer but still with in 3 or 4 days.

Their selection is OK but not super duper great but their price points are in line with other places to order from so that is good....I think they even price match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really trying to up the  quality of my videos. Had to bust out the ol resonator and do some ragtime.  If anyone here has a music YouTube channel plz share! I will subscribe, like, and comment! Plz do the same! YouTube requires so many subscribers just do do something as small as pick a video thumbnail. It takes a community of musicians to help each other out!

Edited by heyme

So I finally got up the nads to buy a Yamaha THR10X, and can't find one for less that $375.

Any thoughts on practice amp excitement at the $250 and under price point? The Blackstar HT1 seems to fit the bill, but wanted ot see if anyone had any updated recs.

Thanks nerds!