gear acquisition syndrome thread

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busted out an old friend for rehearsal last night — my Oldfield Deluxe Reverb clone. 

After buying and selling/returning three different amps, I went back to what I had and what worked for me - Bassbreaker 15.  Got this limited edition FSR Midnight Oil for cheap on reverb, it's barely

I'm re-working my smaller board (the one I got from @Mr. Hoopah!).  I have my old germ Sunface on there, I just put a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver on, and I have a Tumnus Deluxe on the way.  If I can ge

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested. Started Reverb listings for 2 of my Strats. Wanting to buy a CE24 but I need to get rid of some stuff 1st. Trying to move them ASAP.

https://reverb.com/item/30788262-2016-fender-american-standard-stratocaster 

https://reverb.com/item/30777565-fender-standard-stratocaster-2017-texas-specials

Edited by RubberDucky
5 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Just in case anyone is interested. Started Reverb listings for 2 of my Strats. Wanting to buy a CE24 but I need to get rid of some stuff 1st. Trying to move them ASAP.

https://reverb.com/item/30788262-2016-fender-american-standard-stratocaster 

https://reverb.com/item/30777565-fender-standard-stratocaster-2017-texas-specials

@SpongeDad that white strat is exactly what you want and a great price, you cheap ******* 

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

@SpongeDad that white strat is exactly what you want and a great price, you cheap ******* 

Good lookin' out :D:D

I'd like to keep it just to have, but truth be told, It's had maybe 30 minutes of play time since I got the Silver Sky 6 months ago. They are meant to be played, not hung on a wall and I'd rather it just go to someone who is gonna use it. 

Edited by RubberDucky
3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

it's sold.

I've been dropping tidbits about wanting a white strat to the Mrs and my daughter. Hopefully Santa will deliver. She'll go buy a super expensive strat with her money so it don't bother me none.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, heyme said:

What cables y’all running? I had been running monsters and they suck! I’ve switched over to mogami and tsunami cables and what a difference the cable makes in tone.

I have a bunch.  A pair of Fender deluxe series are my go-to set, but I also have a Vox coiled cable, a bunch of cheap cables I got from a Musicians Friend sale a while back, and some Planet Waves cables I've had for a while.  

I only toss them when they go bad.  And I only buy new ones when I get a great deal or some of the existing ones go bad.

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I have a bunch.  A pair of Fender deluxe series are my go-to set, but I also have a Vox coiled cable, a bunch of cheap cables I got from a Musicians Friend sale a while back, and some Planet Waves cables I've had for a while.  

I only toss them when they go bad.  And I only buy new ones when I get a great deal or some of the existing ones go bad.

I was the same way until one of the monster cables went bad I switched and realized I should have switched a long time ago lol. The monsters are even lifetime warranty but I won’t even be sending it in for a replacement.