Jump to content

gear acquisition syndrome thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busted out an old friend for rehearsal last night — my Oldfield Deluxe Reverb clone. 

After buying and selling/returning three different amps, I went back to what I had and what worked for me - Bassbreaker 15.  Got this limited edition FSR Midnight Oil for cheap on reverb, it's barely

I'm re-working my smaller board (the one I got from @Mr. Hoopah!).  I have my old germ Sunface on there, I just put a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver on, and I have a Tumnus Deluxe on the way.  If I can ge

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested. Started Reverb listings for 2 of my Strats. Wanting to buy a CE24 but I need to get rid of some stuff 1st. Trying to move them ASAP.

 

https://reverb.com/item/30788262-2016-fender-american-standard-stratocaster 

 

https://reverb.com/item/30777565-fender-standard-stratocaster-2017-texas-specials

Edited by RubberDucky
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Just in case anyone is interested. Started Reverb listings for 2 of my Strats. Wanting to buy a CE24 but I need to get rid of some stuff 1st. Trying to move them ASAP.

 

https://reverb.com/item/30788262-2016-fender-american-standard-stratocaster 

 

https://reverb.com/item/30777565-fender-standard-stratocaster-2017-texas-specials

@SpongeDad that white strat is exactly what you want and a great price, you cheap ******* 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

@SpongeDad that white strat is exactly what you want and a great price, you cheap ******* 

Good lookin' out :D:D

 

I'd like to keep it just to have, but truth be told, It's had maybe 30 minutes of play time since I got the Silver Sky 6 months ago. They are meant to be played, not hung on a wall and I'd rather it just go to someone who is gonna use it. 

Edited by RubberDucky
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

@SpongeDad that white strat is exactly what you want and a great price, you cheap ******* 

it's sold.

 

I've been dropping tidbits about wanting a white strat to the Mrs and my daughter. Hopefully Santa will deliver. She'll go buy a super expensive strat with her money so it don't bother me none.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, heyme said:

What cables y’all running? I had been running monsters and they suck! I’ve switched over to mogami and tsunami cables and what a difference the cable makes in tone.

I have a bunch.  A pair of Fender deluxe series are my go-to set, but I also have a Vox coiled cable, a bunch of cheap cables I got from a Musicians Friend sale a while back, and some Planet Waves cables I've had for a while.  

I only toss them when they go bad.  And I only buy new ones when I get a great deal or some of the existing ones go bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I have a bunch.  A pair of Fender deluxe series are my go-to set, but I also have a Vox coiled cable, a bunch of cheap cables I got from a Musicians Friend sale a while back, and some Planet Waves cables I've had for a while.  

I only toss them when they go bad.  And I only buy new ones when I get a great deal or some of the existing ones go bad.

I was the same way until one of the monster cables went bad I switched and realized I should have switched a long time ago lol. The monsters are even lifetime warranty but I won’t even be sending it in for a replacement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...