gear acquisition syndrome thread

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busted out an old friend for rehearsal last night — my Oldfield Deluxe Reverb clone. 

I'm re-working my smaller board (the one I got from @Mr. Hoopah!).  I have my old germ Sunface on there, I just put a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver on, and I have a Tumnus Deluxe on the way.  If I can ge

This made me laugh out loud, and seemed to fit best here:

Posted Images

Just now, mdrake34 said:

I’ll sell or trade you my Nano + with soft case so you don’t have to buy new. I picked it up used a couple of months ago but I’m consolidating to one board. 

**** yeah dude. We can coordinate another jam session. Send me the price elsewhere. Not sure I have anything you need in trade for that price range but I’ll get you a list. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

@mdrake34, Belle Epoch or Deep Blue Delay. 

I’m inclined toward the latter because I don’t want my tone colored too much. Considering just getting a DD-3 for the same reason. 

I wound up selling my deep blue delay. Maybe check out the Ibanez mini analog delay, or the Boss waza Dm-2w. I liked the boss a lot better then the Deep Blue Delay. 

16 hours ago, heyme said:

With all the musicians here does anyone have any music or performance videos they’d like to share. I’d love to see them. I just made a music video for an original song

I don't know whether I like the tone of that resonator bass or the Tele better.  Both are outstanding.  Nicely done!

13 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I ended up with a Dunlop Echoplex. Used it at rehearsal tonight and it stayed on the entire time. Fantastic delay. 

One of the dudes on the Alt C board, who has a real echoplex (several of them do, ********), really likes it. Unlike the Belle Epoch, the preamp only colors the repeats, not the rest of the signal, on the Dunlop, which is why a lot of folks prefer it to the BE.  Some folks think the BE is too dark, but I like mine.

46 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Our bass player was telling me about this at rehearsal yesterday.  I'm going to watch it when I have an hour and a half to spare.

Isbell's portion is worth watching, even though his rig is total overkill for his sound and music.  I didn't watch the bass player's part, and skipped around Sadler's.

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

One of the dudes on the Alt C board, who has a real echoplex (several of them do, ********), really likes it. Unlike the Belle Epoch, the preamp only colors the repeats, not the rest of the signal, on the Dunlop, which is why a lot of folks prefer it to the BE.  Some folks think the BE is too dark, but I like mine.

I liked the BE too, but what I love about the Echoplex is what you are talking about -- it leaves my base tone alone.  I kick it off and nothing changes except the fact that the tone is more raw and less thick.  It's as "transparent" a delay as I've ever used, and honestly, I didn't think I'd ever use that term to describe a delay, but here we are.

It just kind of hangs out in the shadows, making my tone better without being real obvious about why it's better.  Since I'm not a huge overbearing delay guy to begin with, it's perfect for me.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I liked the BE too, but what I love about the Echoplex is what you are talking about -- it leaves my base tone alone.  I kick it off and nothing changes except the fact that the tone is more raw and less thick.  It's as "transparent" a delay as I've ever used, and honestly, I didn't think I'd ever use that term to describe a delay, but here we are.

It just kind of hangs out in the shadows, making my tone better without being real obvious about why it's better.  Since I'm not a huge overbearing delay guy to begin with, it's perfect for me.

I need to try one.