gear acquisition syndrome thread

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busted out an old friend for rehearsal last night — my Oldfield Deluxe Reverb clone. 

After buying and selling/returning three different amps, I went back to what I had and what worked for me - Bassbreaker 15.  Got this limited edition FSR Midnight Oil for cheap on reverb, it's barely

I'm re-working my smaller board (the one I got from @Mr. Hoopah!).  I have my old germ Sunface on there, I just put a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver on, and I have a Tumnus Deluxe on the way.  If I can ge

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

Run one of those nintendos thru it and get that mario music maker game dude.....you're set.  Kind of off topic. But back in the eighties I hooked my vcr to my nintendo to record me beating Mike Tyson on punch out. Nobody believed me.

The red one is already modernized since I modded the motherboard to HDMI.

I feel you on the vcr hookup. Kids today don't know the hoops we had to jump through back then. We had to be a mini MacGyver just to get basic things working that they take for granted today. If you get stuck on a game today, you just look it up on youtube. Back then you had to buy a strategy guide or ask a friend at school.

Anyone here been able to try one of the Acoustasonic Tele's? 

As someone who started w/ a stratocaster, I have NEVER played an acoustic that feels genuinely comfortable to me. Unless I play a thin sounding mini acoustic, my right hand just doesn't want to cooperate. Always feels like I'm holding a **** cello under my arm. So the Acoustasonics seem intriguing.

Edited by RubberDucky
6 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Anyone here been able to try one of the Acoustasonic Tele's? 

As someone who started w/ a stratocaster, I have NEVER played an acoustic that feels genuinely comfortable to me. Unless I play a thin sounding mini acoustic, my right hand just doesn't want to cooperate. Always feels like I'm holding a **** cello under my arm. So the Acoustasonics seem intriguing.

The new American version? I haven’t played one, but a guy I know has one and loves it. 

18 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The new American version? I haven’t played one, but a guy I know has one and loves it. 

Yep, the new Version. Man, I really wish there was a shop around me that had 1 to try.

Reviews are mixed, but It seems as though that it's only the old-school purists that are bashing it. 

Edited by RubberDucky
4 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Yep, the new Version. Man, I really wish there was a shop around me that had 1 to try.

Reviews are mixed, but It seems as though that it's only the old-school purists that are bashing it. 

The guy I know got his locally in Atlanta, can’t remember if it was at Guitar Center or a smaller shop. 

I’ve always preferred the 3/4 size acoustics. Personally I play resonator guitars for that exact reason. They are thin like an electric but have the capability of an acoustic when playing unplugged. I feel like with the new fenders I’d rather devote that $ to a true telecaster.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, heyme said:

I’ve always preferred the 3/4 size acoustics. Personally I play resonator guitars for that exact reason. They are thin like an electric but have the capability of an acoustic when playing unplugged. I feel like with the new fenders I’d rather devote that $ to a true telecaster.

Yea. I have the Baja Tele and love that thing.  Bought my daughter the Squier Classic Vibe Thinline as her 1st guitar.

Wouldn't mind getting a dual buckered mahogany bodied one as well. The Alternate Reality Meteora is intriguing too. Too many wants, LOL.

3 hours ago, eatcorn said:

No one here can match the awesome RAWK of my 1977 Les Paul Standard. through my SIB Varidrive distortion. into my 100W Hiwatt DR103 head, ou out of my 4x12 Marshall cabinet.

I broke a window once.

I bet the Hiwatt and cab together weigh less than the LP :D

Went into a local place to try the Acoustasonic Tele. Just didnt feel like a $2k guitar to me. I'll wait to see if they make a Mexican version.

But this on the other-hand....

Capture.PNG

I know a lot of Fender purists hate them. Whatever. In my estimation, it's seriously the absolute best Strat style guitar I've ever been able to play. I urge everyone to check them out before passing judgement.

I had to get it.

Edited by RubberDucky
1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

Went into a local place to try the Acoustasonic Tele. Just didnt feel like a $2k guitar to me. I'll wait to see if they make a Mexican version.

But this on the other-hand....

Capture.PNG

I know a lot of Fender purists hate them. Whatever. In my estimation, it's seriously the absolute best Strat style guitar I've ever been able to play. I urge everyone to check them out before passing judgement.

I had to get it.

I agree about the acoustasonic.....not a bad guitar but did not feel like a 2k guitar to me...it played nice and sounded good but not 2k nice and good

12 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

@JDaveG @mdrake34

$250 but just not digging the color. I'm not sure if would paint it or if that would ruin the value (what little is there). Whats up with that bottom pickup?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/368544187172884/

68970560-10110362084286870-7457510797338

It's a rail hum bucker.  I'd be curious what model that is.  With the maple neck and the bridge hum bucker it could be one of those 50s Hot Rods, and that is a fine guitar.

14 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

@JDaveG @mdrake34

$250 but just not digging the color. I'm not sure if would paint it or if that would ruin the value (what little is there). Whats up with that bottom pickup?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/368544187172884/

68970560-10110362084286870-7457510797338

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

It's a rail hum bucker.  I'd be curious what model that is.  With the maple neck and the bridge hum bucker it could be one of those 50s Hot Rods, and that is a fine guitar.

The 50’s hot rods didn’t come in that color, plus the rail pickup was white. I can see the tuners are modern style. Looks like a MIM with either a Duncan Hot Rails or maybe GFS rails, both of which are yuck. 

If it plays good it might be worth it.