gear acquisition syndrome thread

5 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

He's in Mexico till Wednesday and can't ship till then, but he gave me his number and we just texted.  I think he's going to be shocked that shipping will be higher than $40, but he should have asked for a higher amount.

Either that or it will arrive in a bubble wrapped envelope........

19 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

He's in Mexico till Wednesday and can't ship till then, but he gave me his number and we just texted.  I think he's going to be shocked that shipping will be higher than $40, but he should have asked for a higher amount.

Use Fedex. They're cheaper than the post office when shipping bigger/heavier boxes.

11 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

I like. Mine Squier was black with a white pickgaurd. 

Pretend the pickgaurd is black and thats how mine looks now.  WTH my pic didnt show up.  

I still want a maple neck though. I was thinking about buying a MIM strat neck on ebay for $100. Then I got to thinking that maybe it would be better to just buy a MIM strat since the pickups would be a little better. I don't know what I'm doing here......I'm all confused.

Just now, SpongeDad said:

I still want a maple neck though. I was thinking about buying a MIM strat neck on ebay for $100. Then I got to thinking that maybe it would be better to just buy a MIM strat since the pickups would be a little better. I don't know what I'm doing here......I'm all confused.

You could probably flip that Squier for 50.  It's not a bad guitar but a MIM will be somewhat better. 

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I don't know if he's going to use fedex or USPS.  I just hope it arrives in one piece.

Get signature delivery for the love of God, especially with his rating. He could easily say a package thief stole it off his porch. The best $4 you'll spend in shipping expensive stuff.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

Get signature delivery for the love of God, especially with his rating. He could easily say a package thief stole it off his porch. The best $4 you'll spend in shipping expensive stuff.

He's shipping it to me, I bought the amp from him.

13 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'd just set a budget and then ask what you should buy.  It's easier for me to give good advice if I know you want to spend $300, or $500, or whatever.  "MIM" goes anywhere from sub-$300 (used) Standards to over $1000 new signature models.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'd just set a budget and then ask what you should buy.  It's easier for me to give good advice if I know you want to spend $300, or $500, or whatever.  "MIM" goes anywhere from sub-$300 (used) Standards to over $1000 new signature models.

Well you already know how cheap I am so the cheaper the better. But if I could find a decent used MIM for 300, that would be great. 

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I sold a Fender Bassbreaker Amp and an overdrive pedal that goes for stupid prices used and turned around and bought the Dr. Z.

This may sound weird but I grew up finger picking box guitars but I have to play with a pick when I'm on bass.