Am I the only one that misread the thread title as "Online bonding on vacation" and thought this was some spam thread until I noticed the name of the OP?

2 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

you do realize they are all pro athletes right...They probably crush a ball 350+.  They growup being the star athlete in every sport

Do you golf? In my experience it's a lot different from an athletic perspective then most other sports. Crushing a ball 350+ doesn't mean jack if it isn't going in the right direction.

20 hours ago, EuroFalcon said:

Am I the only one that misread the thread title as "Online bonding on vacation" and thought this was some spam thread until I noticed the name of the OP?

Do you golf? In my experience it's a lot different from an athletic perspective then most other sports. Crushing a ball 350+ doesn't mean jack if it isn't going in the right direction.

it also doesn't help if you hit EVERY shot 350+ yards either, there's an old joke about a guy teaching a gorilla to play, hitting it 400+ yards off the tee....'how's he putt?'   'just like he drives'

:lol:

7 hours ago, papachaz said:

it also doesn't help if you hit EVERY shot 350+ yards either, there's an old joke about a guy teaching a gorilla to play, hitting it 400+ yards off the tee....'how's he putt?'   'just like he drives'

:lol:

Reminds me of my mother...RIP. We would golf together on occasion on an executive par three (One par five and two fours.)....... She was 75 an I 55.

On the longer holes, I would drive 150yds to one side or the other of the fairway. Her drives were 75 yds right up the gut. She had an excellent approach and putting game, and would always win by at least 7 strokes.

I was the Gorilla on the green

Edited by Tim Mazetti
15 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Reminds me of my mother...RIP. We would golf together on occasion on an executive par three (One par five and two fours.)....... She was 75 an I 55.

On the longer holes, I would drive 150yds to one side or the other of the fairway. Her drives were 75 yds right up the gut. She had an excellent approach and putting game, and would always win by at least 7 strokes.

I was the Gorilla on the green

before I blew my back out, I loved to golf. I could drive it straight and long, and I could putt, but I had no short game at all   LOL my best hope was to drive it close enough to the green to knock it on with a 5 iron and then putt