octoslash

Good For Ben Garland

16 posts in this topic

I'm not spamming here, just wanted to say good for him.  I'm a USO donor myself and I just got this in my email.  Good for you, Ben.

-----------(But if you are interested in getting the shirt, here's the link) 

https://secure.uso.org/1805-t-shirt-two-match/?amount=50&show_amount=true&utm_medium=email&sc=WSP13514472&ta=50&spMailingID=13514472&spUserID=MjAyMzUyODYwMzQS1&spJobID=1401370182&spReportId=MTQwMTM3MDE4MgS2

"When I put on my Atlanta Falcons jersey and walk onto the football field it is my job to protect my team. But in the offseason, I serve in the Colorado Air National Guard – supporting a different team – our service men and women.

When you donate $27 or more today, you’ll get a limited-edition, American-made 2018 USO Fourth of July T-shirt to show you support our service men and women too.

In a show of pride and gratitude for our Armed Forces, we’re all going to wear these on Independence Day as a way of saying thanks. I just got back from my first USO tour to Italy and Germany. It was so eye-opening to see firsthand the brave commitment to service. And now that I’m back, there’s no other T-shirt I’d rather have on.

But you’ve got to beat the clock: These shirts are only available until Ma‌y 25th, and supplies are running out. On top of that, when you donate to get yours, The Kroger Co. will match every gift, up to $250,000, to do even more for these brave men and women. Show which team you’re on by getting your shirt now.

Click here to donate $27 or more to make a gift and get your limited-edition, made-in-America USO Fourth of July T-shirt, with a design service men and women chose themselves. The Kroger Co. will make your gift go twice as far.

Wearing one of these USO shirts on the Fourth of July is how we can let all of our heroes know we’re behind them, every step of the way. Your impact will be doubled to keep our service members’ morale high, family connections strong and to thank them for their sacrifices.

All you have to do is donate $27 or more to get yours to get yours. The Kroger Co. will see to it that your gift goes twice as far to give back to these heroes.

I have such profound respect for the sacrifices the men and women of our armed forces make. It’s an honor to be able to help, and I hope you agree."

Sincerely,

Ben Garland
Air National Guard Capt.
Offensive Guard, Atlanta Falcons

callout.jpg

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I'm not spamming here, just wanted to say good for him.  I'm a USO donor myself and I just got this in my email.  Good for you, Ben.

https://secure.uso.org/1805-t-shirt-two-match/?amount=50&show_amount=true&utm_medium=email&sc=WSP13514472&ta=50&spMailingID=13514472&spUserID=MjAyMzUyODYwMzQS1&spJobID=1401370182&spReportId=MTQwMTM3MDE4MgS2

"When I put on my Atlanta Falcons jersey and walk onto the football field it is my job to protect my team. But in the offseason, I serve in the Colorado Air National Guard – supporting a different team – our service men and women.

When you donate $27 or more today, you’ll get a limited-edition, American-made 2018 USO Fourth of July T-shirt to show you support our service men and women too.

In a show of pride and gratitude for our Armed Forces, we’re all going to wear these on Independence Day as a way of saying thanks. I just got back from my first USO tour to Italy and Germany. It was so eye-opening to see firsthand the brave commitment to service. And now that I’m back, there’s no other T-shirt I’d rather have on.

But you’ve got to beat the clock: These shirts are only available until Ma‌y 25th, and supplies are running out. On top of that, when you donate to get yours, The Kroger Co. will match every gift, up to $250,000, to do even more for these brave men and women. Show which team you’re on by getting your shirt now.

Click here to donate $27 or more to make a gift and get your limited-edition, made-in-America USO Fourth of July T-shirt, with a design service men and women chose themselves. The Kroger Co. will make your gift go twice as far.

Wearing one of these USO shirts on the Fourth of July is how we can let all of our heroes know we’re behind them, every step of the way. Your impact will be doubled to keep our service members’ morale high, family connections strong and to thank them for their sacrifices.

All you have to do is donate $27 or more to get yours to get yours. The Kroger Co. will see to it that your gift goes twice as far to give back to these heroes.

I have such profound respect for the sacrifices the men and women of our armed forces make. It’s an honor to be able to help, and I hope you agree."

Sincerely,

Ben Garland
Air National Guard Capt.

callout.jpg

The USO was a sight to see in Viet Nam.

Dammit, there were round-eyed pretty USO Girls with coffee and doughnuts. Rock and roll music playing and blacklight posters of Jimi and The Cream. I missed Bob Hope's show tho, which I still regret.

Bless the USO.

6 hours ago, octoslash said:

Sincerely,

Ben Garland
Air National Guard Capt.

callout.jpg

Right on man!  Go for it everyone!

Tim Mazetti and octoslash like this