Jump to content

Maxx Williams


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:


That's what I'm thinking!  Just Say NO to Maxx Williams!!!  We have better/other options that are just as good, or better --- 


 

Maxx Williams is a better pass-catching potential than Saubert and Paulsen at this point in their careers. No doubt in my mind about that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WiscoFalcon said:

Maxx Williams is a better pass-catching potential than Saubert and Paulsen at this point in their careers. No doubt in my mind about that. 


Well, in my mind that's up for debate, but whatever.  My point is, besides Hoop, we have 5 other TEs on our regular roster right now (Alex Gray, Troy Mangen, Logan Paulsen, Eric Saubert and Jake Roh) who already know our system.  So, why not give these players a chance to show what they can do, since 3 are Rooks, rather than bringing in a new player?  


 

Edited by FalconJim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2018 at 2:34 PM, Vandy said:

 

If Ozzie Newsome's not seeing it in maxx, then no thanks. 

One man's trash is another man's treasure. No reason not to want the Falcons to take a flier on Maxx Williams. Sooner or later folks gonna realize that Joe Flacco is holding back the Ravens and the offensive players on the team. There's a reason Ozzie traded up and grabbed Lamar Jackson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I'd probably say no anyway, and since the the guy is still on their roster, he probably wouldn't be available until the first cuts late in the preseason.  No way I could see him contributing this year if he joined the team at that point.

I just have no faith that Eric Saubert or any of the UDFA's are going to amount to squat. We need another option along side Hooper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just have no faith that Eric Saubert or any of the UDFA's are going to amount to squat. We need another option along side Hooper.

Since they didn’t add anyone other than blocking TE Paulsen this offseason, Falcons apparently still very bullish on Saubert’s potential. If he doesn’t show growth in training camp, I then can see them grabbing another guy. But this kid intrigues me with his size/athleticism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paulsen is underrated as well.  I remember picking him up in FF when Jordan Reed went down and the guy was giving me decent points for a bit.  He can actually play.  Very good blocker too.

Toilolo was 13/264/2 in 2016 and 12/122/1 last year. 

TE’s in 16 (Tamme, Hooper, Toilolo, Perkins, Tialavia) combined for 58/788/10.

Hooper and Toilolo (only 2 who caught passes) combined for 61/648/4 in 17.

I’d wager Saubert and Paulsen will surpass Toilolo’s numbers. 

Hooper, in year 3 (the typical breakout year for most TE’s) will hopefully go something like 55/650/6.

Saubert something like 18/200/3

Paulsen something like 12/120/1.

We get this from our TE’s and we’re in great shape.  And it’s highly doable and realistic. 

Edited by Beef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Since they didn’t add anyone other than blocking TE Paulsen this offseason, Falcons apparently still very bullish on Saubert’s potential. If he doesn’t show growth in training camp, I then can see them grabbing another guy. But this kid intrigues me with his size/athleticism.

So far I see a kid that has tons to love in size and athleticism who's basic football skills are severely lacking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So far I see a kid that has tons to love in size and athleticism who's basic football skills are severely lacking.

Same here....

The question here of course, is what (if anything)  have Falcons coaching staff seen that you and I haven’t? There’s some reason he’s still here, and there’s some reason they didn’t draft nor sign a FA TE. 

But I agree, so far he hasn’t shown us much of anything except potential. But that potential is very intriguing to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Same here....

The question here of course, is what (if anything)  have Falcons coaching staff seen that you and I haven’t? There’s some reason he’s still here, and there’s some reason they didn’t draft nor sign a FA TE. 

But I agree, so far he hasn’t shown us much of anything except potential. But that potential is very intriguing to me.

Yeah, and for the most part the coaching staff has earned the benefit of the doubt. I just don't think it's a safe bet to count your eggs before they hatch with the kid. Seems some posters here are already doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/05/2018 at 8:34 PM, Vandy said:

 

If Ozzie Newsome's not seeing it in maxx, then no thanks. 

I dunno. Ozzie hasn't exactly been hitting on draft picks recently. 

I really liked Maxx Williams the year he was drafted - he's not going to be a pro bowler but see no reason why he can't be a solid depth player at the position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...