Atlchamp99

Takk weight

151 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

The worst think Takk can do when not working out is to eat less and lose more strength and muscle . I won’t be surprised if his doctor told him to eat well. He can always drop weight once he resumes training with out losing strength. Look what happened to Kappernick, he lost too much weight. 

Very true, and for anyone that dosnt live in Georgia.. Come June, he'll lose 15lbs the first week of camp.. Summers in Georgia separates the men from boys. Takk will be in shape 

29 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Very true, and for anyone that dosnt live in Georgia.. Come June, he'll lose 15lbs the first week of camp.. Summers in Georgia separates the men from boys. Takk will be in shape 

Ehh, I’ll reserve judgment.  Heat makes you lose weight to a degree.  Doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in shape or conditioned by any means.  Not to say that the off-season is where conditioning is made, but definitely to say the off-season is where good habits are formed to make conditioning and getting in shape a lot more manageable.  

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Have you weighed him? Are you included on this email chain with him and his trainers or the front office? Or you guys just butt buddies and you know this info first hand about how meal plans and his plans for the offseason? No you don't either so fawk outta here like your speculation is anymore relevant than anyone else's. I'm not your child, talk to some else like they are 12 years old. First you say he can be outta shape because of surgery, then you say he looks the same as he does last year, which he don't you see that midsection. 

So you can either stop quoting me and let me have my take on what I see and feel, or you can keep responding and me reiterating my same opinion to you regardless of what dribble you respond with, cuz Cleary you can't change my opinion on him or vic regardless what 'Facebook verified stats' you came at me with 

Yeah, honestly my bad on the tone, it wasn't called for. Not sure where you getting half of your claims of things I said though.

Still, most here are saying "we don't know" whereas you seem to be taking issue with a player because of a couple IG posts without any knowledge of anything.  He had a midsection in the pic from last season too.  Ever take a bad pic?  He doesn't look like some drastic change, but you do you.  I can't change your opinion, which you seem to hold onto and be absolutely certain is getting worked up over.

Atl Falcon likes this

he admitted to eating too much fried chicken and being up like 20-30 lbs on Twitter a few weeks back. He was laughing about it so I guess we shouldnt worry yet!

9 hours ago, Beef said:

Right, because most people who have invasive surgery go, "Once I get my stitches, I can't wait to go rip them apart at the gym and jack up the shoulder that was just surgically repaired!  Always striving to get better, ya know!  Can't stop for nothin!"

SMH

You know better than that. The implication is control the spoon...not rip the stitches. Either way, he's a motivated guy. He'll be better in September....

10 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

So much for DQ's 'have the best offseason of your life'. He'll probably be in shape by August, but the best players find ways to get better, stronger, faster, fitter every year. I hope someone teaches this to Takk.

He makes zero decisions. His trainers and the staff determine how fat he gets.

5 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think it's a big deal and I did state he'll probably be in shape come August, when it counts - so no need to freak out (SMH).

There is certainly workouts Takk could have been doing to stay in better shape (obviously upper body weights are probably off the table).

The other element to this and the one I was really kind of alluding to is nutrition. The great players take care of their bodies, both in terms of working out but also what they put into it (Brady, TG, JJ Watt). Even Julio and Roddy at certain points in their careers made big changes in their diets. I'm not saying Takk won't figure it out, but the sooner he does the better he'll be.

He was drafted around 250 last year. 267 isn’t the worst shape for a DE but I’m sure it isn’t good weight.

I think he can definitely convert that back down to an athletic 255 by seasons start.

I think most of us mentioned after drafting him that he should try to get to a playing weight of 260 during his career anyways. So long story short, I’m not too concerned about the weight  gain, he just has to shed a little and convert some into muscle. 

I lost about 5 lbs in less than a full week last week and I didn’t have to train that hard to do it. Literally just ate better, smaller portions and ran outdoors in this heat about 3-4 days. I think Takk has a better shot at slimming down than I do.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

Yeah, honestly my bad on the tone, it wasn't called for. Not sure where you getting half of your claims of things I said though.

Still, most here are saying "we don't know" whereas you seem to be taking issue with a player because of a couple IG posts without any knowledge of anything.  He had a midsection in the pic from last season too.  Ever take a bad pic?  He doesn't look like some drastic change, but you do you.  I can't change your opinion, which you seem to hold onto and be absolutely certain is getting worked up over.

Same here my bad for the response. But I went back just to see his ig and he's definitely gotten bigger. Whether by request of the staff, lack of work after surgery or just poor dieting, whatever the reason. My issue was people saying he may not be cleared for workouts and physical movement (which triggered my response that he shouldn't be raising a paintball gun eye level if he's been put on a physicality limitation from the surgery) which again we don't know true. But you can stay in better shape by eating properly as well. Which yes is alot to ask of from a rookie going into second year but we need to maximize the cheap years as much as possible. And I'm holding him to a higher standard because I want the fo to pay him over vic. All these talented players can't be kept so when you pay 150 to the qb the only chance we have of being in that fight every year is having young studs on rookie contracts, not wait until year 4 or 5 to put it all together and then be great somewhere else lol. 

Edited by Dirtybird3
Atl Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think it's a big deal and I did state he'll probably be in shape come August, when it counts - so no need to freak out (SMH).

There is certainly workouts Takk could have been doing to stay in better shape (obviously upper body weights are probably off the table).

The other element to this and the one I was really kind of alluding to is nutrition. The great players take care of their bodies, both in terms of working out but also what they put into it (Brady, TG, JJ Watt). Even Julio and Roddy at certain points in their careers made big changes in their diets. I'm not saying Takk won't figure it out, but the sooner he does the better he'll be.

This ^^^

Flying Falcon likes this

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Umm he had shoulder surgery like a month or two back.

Of course he's not in shape in May.

So it’s ok that he’s fat and out of shape in May???? It’s ok the guy is making millions and we’re depending on him be an edge rusher that gets double digit sacks and he’s out of shape??? It’s okay? Why can’t he have off season surgery and eat right and NOT be fat and out of shape? Does he get a pass? Or is he just living the life and NOT making sure he’s at his best  for this brotherhood? Now with all that said - I hope he gets his big fat as in shape to help us win a SB and I’ll be okay with that. Just saying!!!!! No homerism here!!!! Do your da*# job Tak!!!! 

Dirtybird3 likes this

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Ehh, I’ll reserve judgment.  Heat makes you lose weight to a degree.  Doesn’t necessarily mean you’re in shape or conditioned by any means.  Not to say that the off-season is where conditioning is made, but definitely to say the off-season is where good habits are formed to make conditioning and getting in shape a lot more manageable.  

Exactly what he said^

26 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

So it’s ok that he’s fat and out of shape in May???? It’s ok the guy is making millions and we’re depending on him be an edge rusher that gets double digit sacks and he’s out of shape??? It’s okay? Why can’t he have off season surgery and eat right and NOT be fat and out of shape? Does he get a pass? Or is he just living the life and NOT making sure he’s at his best  for this brotherhood? Now with all that said - I hope he gets his big fat as in shape to help us win a SB and I’ll be okay with that. Just saying!!!!! No homerism here!!!! Do your da*# job Tak!!!! 

Pretty hard to stay in shape when you can't work out because you just had surgery..... I understand though, you just need a reason to cry and moan as usual.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Pretty hard to stay in shape when you can't work out because you just had surgery..... I understand though, you just need a reason to cry and moan as usual.

Yeah you’re right....how much you weigh lol. It’s ok you’re just an old dude eating lots of fried chicken and donuts and IF Tak has a bad yr because he’s overweight we’ll talk - otherwise he gets in shape and helps us win aSB.

5 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

Yeah you’re right....how much you weigh lol. It’s ok you’re just an old dude eating lots of fried chicken and donuts and IF Tak has a bad yr because he’s overweight we’ll talk - otherwise he gets in shape and helps us win aSB.

I'm 33 years old and 180 pounds. Anything else you'd like to know since you know me so well?

Athletes have quite literally a couple months out of the year where they can do crap like eat fried chicken.

Excuse me for not caring what kind of shape Takk is in, in May.

dag that boy fat :lol:

a lot of sensitive people in here too, you'd think we have a board full of fatties the way everybody came scrambling to Takk's defense...I'm sure he knows he fat right now and will work it off though, freshman 15 was to be expected

Flying Falcon likes this

13 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Same thing was said about Hageman a few years back.  We all debated and said he was probably fine and in shape. 
But.... it turns out, even he admitted (right before he got cut) that he wasn't taking care of his body and working out the way he should have been. 

C'mon Takk, no one's expecting you to be 100% fit in May, but start eating right (we see you).  Don't be this guy.

kelvin-benjamin-otas-weight-panthers-1.p

Not like I want to admit this but after this he actually had a decent season...

59 minutes ago, nolove4thecrook said:

Not like I want to admit this but after this he actually had a decent season...

LOL! Not sure who you have him confused with, but that is Kelvin Benjamin & he was straight trash last season.

He didn't even break 700 yards for the season and had just 3 total TDs along w/ 3 drops. That's a "decent season" from a #3 or #4 WR you drafted in the 4th round.... but this is a guy they just spent a 1st on two years earlier. That's just plain bad for a dude who is supposed to be your #1 WR... like Peerless Price bad.

He was so bad that the Panthers gave up on him halfway through the season & shipped him off to Buffalo. They wouldn't do that if he had a "decent season"

Yo_Lover, Vandy and vitaman like this

So, does anyone know if Takk put on ten pounds of muscle before his surgery and is only 5 lbs or so overweight? Or if he actually played at 260 last year and is only 5 lbs or so overweight? Or if his scale was accurate when he said 267? Or if he misread the scale?

Is there just this one photo, or is there more? Any one photo can be really deceptive.

As far as I can see, not one person in this thread knows what Takk's actual weight is.

Lots of panicking over possible weight gain by  a 22 year old kid. Based on, as far as I can tell, one tweet and one photo.

GhostofGritz and Beef like this