Atlchamp99

Takk weight

151 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

10-4.....this thread sucks w/o a picture.   sucks anyway but why would anyone start a thread about a picture and then not have the picture?

You didnt need to respond. 

Maybe you can start another "i am so great" threads no one is interested in

Or tell us who the falcons arent going to draft and who wont be on the team next year, definitely..

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Lol fools for complaining? Because we don't excuse him from dieting because he's had surgery? Or because we want him to be a great and not take days off?? You seem like someone who gets comfortable easily and doesn't strive for more, likes to reach a certain level and stay there.. Surgery or not there's steps he can take to better hisself physically and stamina wise. He's gonna be counted on alot more this year and the injuries already taken enough time away from that. 

But he looks basically the same as he did last season...

You and others are making up some narrative in your own minds about him sitting around taking bong rips and eating cheetos and packing on the weight. Then you're getting mad at your own narrative?  Would it suck if he showed up to camp out of shape?  Sure.  But you have no facts to base your theory on so you're essentially Nancy Grace railing against hypothetical situations. He likes eating fried chicken, the horror. A dude his side is probably eating nearly 4K in calories to maintain.  Go play outside or something.

Doobs likes this

4 hours ago, Beef said:

Right, because most people who have invasive surgery go, "Once I get my stitches, I can't wait to go rip them apart at the gym and jack up the shoulder that was just surgically repaired!  Always striving to get better, ya know!  Can't stop for nothin!"

SMH

3 hours ago, LouDog said:

Dude he had surgery. Id like to see ya doing some immense training with a bad shoulder

I don't think it's a big deal and I did state he'll probably be in shape come August, when it counts - so no need to freak out (SMH).

There is certainly workouts Takk could have been doing to stay in better shape (obviously upper body weights are probably off the table).

The other element to this and the one I was really kind of alluding to is nutrition. The great players take care of their bodies, both in terms of working out but also what they put into it (Brady, TG, JJ Watt). Even Julio and Roddy at certain points in their careers made big changes in their diets. I'm not saying Takk won't figure it out, but the sooner he does the better he'll be.

33 minutes ago, Dukeduke211 said:

You didnt need to respond. 

Maybe you can start another "i am so great" threads no one is interested in

Or tell us who the falcons arent going to draft and who wont be on the team next year, definitely..

I bet you are the life of the party.

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Has he even been cleared to workout yet?

If not, there is nothing much he can do until he is cleared to continue football activities.

Hopefully he'll be cleared before training camp.

Cardio can keep the weight under control.

Birdy Dird likes this

1 hour ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

People questioned Turners weight at camp. We were told to stop crying. He went on to run with cement shoes that year. People questioned Hagemans weight. He went on to underperform each year for a 2nd rd pick and only took working out seriously before he was cut.

Takk is a 1st rounder. If he's not working harder than the guy lined up in front of him, he won't live up to our high expectations of him. 

Turner wasn’t coming back from surgery. Totally different than Takk. 

The worst think Takk can do when not working out is to eat less and lose more strength and muscle . I won’t be surprised if his doctor told him to eat well. He can always drop weight once he resumes training with out losing strength. Look what happened to Kappernick, he lost too much weight. 

I'm gonna have try Gus's Fried Chicken lol...

It is what it is, have no doubt he can take weight off, but for a guy who just had had he first offseason with fat wallet, with surgery this off season could have been worse. 

2 hours ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

But he looks basically the same as he did last season...

You and others are making up some narrative in your own minds about him sitting around taking bong rips and eating cheetos and packing on the weight. Then you're getting mad at your own narrative?  Would it suck if he showed up to camp out of shape?  Sure.  But you have no facts to base your theory on so you're essentially Nancy Grace railing against hypothetical situations. He likes eating fried chicken, the horror. A dude his side is probably eating nearly 4K in calories to maintain.  Go play outside or something.

Have you weighed him? Are you included on this email chain with him and his trainers or the front office? Or you guys just butt buddies and you know this info first hand about how meal plans and his plans for the offseason? No you don't either so fawk outta here like your speculation is anymore relevant than anyone else's. I'm not your child, talk to some else like they are 12 years old. First you say he can be outta shape because of surgery, then you say he looks the same as he does last year, which he don't you see that midsection. 

So you can either stop quoting me and let me have my take on what I see and feel, or you can keep responding and me reiterating my same opinion to you regardless of what dribble you respond with, cuz Cleary you can't change my opinion on him or vic regardless what 'Facebook verified stats' you came at me with 

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

what is a "falcons IG story" ?   

maybe this should be obvious to me but escaping me right now what "IG" is - please advise.

LOL me too brother 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Only Cardio is a good way to lose strength. 

If he can't do any strength exercise the cardio will keep his weight under control and then when he's good to go at least he'll have an aerobic basis to work off of.

Could be wrong here but I think Takk is still learning how to be a pro.

I think when your injured and coming back letting your weight slip is too me  something you got to keep an eye on.

Its already hard enough in the league for players starting behind the 8 ball coming back from injury is hard enough adding the addition of losing weight yeah I don't see I think as a good thing.

Think Takk needs to play at about 250-255 max.

Smiler11 likes this

52 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I'm gonna have try Gus's Fried Chicken lol...

It is what it is, have no doubt he can take weight off, but for a guy who just had had he first offseason with fat wallet, with surgery this off season could have been worse. 

It’s the bomb, I went to the original one in Memphis and got hooked on to it. Glad they have it in Atlanta.

putnam6 likes this

15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If he can't do any strength exercise the cardio will keep his weight under control and then when he's good to go at least he'll have an aerobic basis to work off of.

Yeah but losing strength and muscle is even harmful to Takk. Cardio with out strength training for OL, weight lifters or power lifters is a disaster. I am not sure if his dr even cleared for him to do cardio. There is reason they don’t advice slow cardio to NFL players. 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

It’s the bomb, I went to the original one in Memphis and got hooked on to it. Glad they have it in Atlanta.

So, you're saying that Takk is probably hooked on it? :(

Just kidding.  I also ate there in Memphis and it is awesome.  I only recently learned it is in Atlanta too.

Takk-Zilla is gonna be a Killa!  Okay, so he's on the Jake Blues diet and went to Gus's and ordered two fried chickens! 

Edited by falconfansince66

18 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

So, you're saying that Takk is probably hooked on it? :(

Just kidding.  I also ate there in Memphis and it is awesome.  I only recently learned it is in Atlanta too.

He probably is hooked too. I would guess Takk has to eat 3500 cals just to maintain his weight.

Let’s be perfectly honest here, Rose-colored glasses wearers.  Admit it.  He’s a bit pudgy right now.  It’s doesnt speak well to his off-season conditioning.  He needs to put it into overdrive soon.  

Vandy, Birdy Dird and VTCrunkler like this