Atlchamp99

Takk weight

151 posts in this topic

Hey guys go look at the falcons IG story and tell me if it looks like takk got really big (in a bad way) this offseason. He looks to be out of shape to me..thoughts?

3 minutes ago, ATLChamp33 said:

Hey guys go look at the falcons IG story and tell me if it looks like takk got really big (in a bad way) this offseason. He looks to be out of shape to me..thoughts?

Link would be helpful.

g-dawg and Falcster like this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Umm he had shoulder surgery like a month or two back.

Of course he's not in shape in May.

That could be why 

4 minutes ago, ATLChamp33 said:

so are NFL players supposed to get out of shape in may and then get right in august? is this how it works? 

The man had surgery...  Im not to worried in MAY.

**** he made a post some weeks ago saying he was 260 something .... Its may man... When he can full go and that georgia heat during TC.... Im not worried.

quickzero and FalconBlood like this

5 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

So much for DQ's 'have the best offseason of your life'. He'll probably be in shape by August, but the best players find ways to get better, stronger, faster, fitter every year. I hope someone teaches this to Takk.

Right, because most people who have invasive surgery go, "Once I get my stitches, I can't wait to go rip them apart at the gym and jack up the shoulder that was just surgically repaired!  Always striving to get better, ya know!  Can't stop for nothin!"

SMH

9 minutes ago, ATLChamp33 said:

so are NFL players supposed to get out of shape in may and then get right in august? is this how it works? 

Has he even been cleared to workout yet?

If not, there is nothing much he can do until he is cleared to continue football activities.

Hopefully he'll be cleared before training camp.

gkgrimes and Slappywhite like this

People get too freaked out over conditioning, etc. 

I remember reading about when Charles Haley re-joined the 49ers after being in Dallas. 

One of the 49ers (don't remember who) was all excited to be playing with such a great pro.  He asked somebody where Haley was. 

"Weight room".

So this guy ran over to the weight room to meet Haley and work out with him.  Sure enough, there was the great Charles Haley, on the bench press...smoking a cigarette.   lol

Same thing was said about Hageman a few years back.  We all debated and said he was probably fine and in shape. 
But.... it turns out, even he admitted (right before he got cut) that he wasn't taking care of his body and working out the way he should have been. 

C'mon Takk, no one's expecting you to be 100% fit in May, but start eating right (we see you).  Don't be this guy.

kelvin-benjamin-otas-weight-panthers-1.p

hashmark61, NYCFalc, Vandy and 2 others like this

6 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Same thing was said about Hageman a few years back.  We all debated and said he was probably fine and in shape. 
But.... it turns out, even he admitted (right before he got cut) that he wasn't taking care of his body and working out the way he should have been. 

C'mon Takk, no one's expecting you to be 100% fit in May, but start eating right (we see you).  Don't be this guy.

kelvin-benjamin-otas-weight-panthers-1.p

That is the key IMO.

Of course he can't/shouldn't be rushing back to the weight room shortly after having a shoulder surgery. However, if he's eating a bunch of junk food & tons of fried BS (as he has previously mentioned he does a lot), it's going to make it that much harder for him once he can actually start working out, and thus potentially increases the possibility of re-injury due to overexertion.

So, since he can't workout right now, hopefully he's at least eating healthy.

28 minutes ago, Beef said:

Right, because most people who have invasive surgery go, "Once I get my stitches, I can't wait to go rip them apart at the gym and jack up the shoulder that was just surgically repaired!  Always striving to get better, ya know!  Can't stop for nothin!"

SMH

Do stiches keep you from eating right and sticking to a healthy diet? Do stiches in your shoulder keep you from doing a exercise bike? Surgery or no, the man could have took steps through diet and various exercises to keep that unnecessary fat off. All you guys want to do on here is make excuses for people.  

47 minutes ago, Beef said:

SMH

If you watch takks ig he has been doing some kind of work at the facility. But if he's not cleared then paintballing shouldn't part of his daily activities either

59 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

So much for DQ's 'have the best offseason of your life'. He'll probably be in shape by August, but the best players find ways to get better, stronger, faster, fitter every year. I hope someone teaches this to Takk.

Dude he had surgery. Id like to see ya doing some immense training with a bad shoulder

19 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Do stiches keep you from eating right and sticking to a healthy diet? Do stiches in your shoulder keep you from doing a exercise bike? Surgery or no, the man could have took steps through diet and various exercises to keep that unnecessary fat off. All you guys want to do on here is make excuses for people.  

Breh thank you!! Excuses for everything!! This dude out here paintballing but cardio and dieting out the question? When you're an athlete and get paid millions all year is your season. Sheet Victor olidipo started training half hour after they loss game 7. You can't tell me staying in shape or dieting in the off season is unheard of 

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Dude he had surgery. Id like to see ya doing some immense training with a bad shoulder

You can do pool exercises and diet correctly to keep weight regulated. It's not just hitting the bowflex 

Takk is my dude and I’ve said before he’s absolutely going to be an all-pro, but he’s still learning. I hate when it takes guys a couple years before they figure out how to eat write/the edge a good diet gives you, but that’s more often than not the way it goes. He’ll learn, next offseason we’ll hear about how he’s eating right and feeling better than ever

He posted about how his weight has gotten too high on Twitter a month or two ago

34 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

11 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Breh thank you!! Excuses for everything!! This dude out here paintballing but cardio and dieting out the question? When you're an athlete and get paid millions all year is your season. Sheet Victor olidipo started training half hour after they loss game 7. You can't tell me staying in shape or dieting in the off season is unheard of 

LOL, you fools acting like he's blown up 20+ lbs or something.  Good grief some of you search and crave for stuff to complain about.  Complain complain complain.

He doesn't look much bigger than during last season.

TakkMcKinley_KC.jpg