Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VTCrunkler

DeAngelo Hall retires after 14 NFL seasons

106 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

But hey, at least we have a former Falcon corner that is now a huge winner.

Kelvin Hayden(played for the Falcons in 2011) just took Taraji P. Henson off the market.

That puts him in the "Man Hall of Fame".

He da real mvp 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 minute ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I'd personally call that "shook", but burnt works too.  Either way, he was just plain beat.

Correct he was beat, burt is being beat over the top for a td.

I remember something about the team traveling somewhere on the bus, except for D.Hall and Jim Mora who rode in Hall's Maserati.

17 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

By definition, you're picking nits.

He was burnt.  Badly.  

Sorry bro burnt is used to loosely in terms of corners.  He was beat on a comeback route. As a corner the number one rule is to not be beat over the top or burnt.

56 minutes ago, red falcon said:

My definition of burt is being beaten over the top. The qb coupdnt get hit, this scinario is not ideal for corners. Plays into to the offenses hands.

Looked pretty ******* burnt to me.......

Ovie_Lover, Slappywhite and JDaveG like this

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Looked pretty ******* burnt to me.......

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Dude, it's not burned.  It's CHARRED.

toast.jpg

We will have to agree to disagree. I played corner in high school so i have empathy for those guys. Again you can have the comeback route all day on a simi contact scrimmage.

What would upset you more? Beat of the top for a td or a 15 yard comeback? I know what DQ would say.

Vandy likes this

13 minutes ago, red falcon said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I played corner in high school so i have empathy for those guys. Again you can have the comeback route all day on a simi contact scrimmage.

What would upset you more? Beat of the top for a td or a 15 yard comeback? I know what DQ would say.

I dunno man, knowing MeAngelo's rather large ego and him seeing that video is out with folks like myself and Dave laughing at it?  me thinks he's plenty upset how bad he looked on that play. 

Slappywhite and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

My man.....

colombo-vs-d-hall.gif

I still laugh SO HARD at this. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks for posting that. :D

EDIT to add I wish someone would work in a Super Mario Bros. block with coin blip sound effect for when he punches the air and kicks his leg out. I hear it in my head when I see that gif.

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

I have empathy for corners too.  Every corner gets beat.  We all get that.

DeAngelo Hall thought he was invincible.  That when he got beat it was because the other guy cheated and the ref wouldn't throw a flag.  He had an awful attitude, he was a good corner but about a tenth as good as he thought he was, he was entitled, he did things to hurt the team (witness:  Steve Smith), etc.

So when that particular corner gets beat, I'm going to point and laugh.  Because that's what he deserves.

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

2 minutes ago, Porkins said:

I still laugh SO HARD at this. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks for posting that. :D

The best part is how his arms and legs go flailing while he's in the air.  Like he realized he made a mistake, but he can't go back on it now, so how does he manage to land without getting hurt?

Vandy likes this

Just now, JDaveG said:

The best part is how his arms and legs go flailing while he's in the air.  Like he realized he made a mistake, but he can't go back on it now, so how does he manage to land without getting hurt?

Totally.. just added that as an edit to my post. :lol:

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I don't get the vitriol. A heckuva player I thought. Some of you guys should have been forced to watch Dimry play.

MeAngelo was not a team player.  He single handed lost us a game in '07.  Not that 5- 11 is any better than 10 - 4.  A pass interference penalty and two 15-yard personal foul penalties back to back.  He generated more yards for the Panthers that day than their offense and his little melt-down cost us the game.

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I have empathy for corners too.  Every corner gets beat.  We all get that.

DeAngelo Hall thought he was invincible.  That when he got beat it was because the other guy cheated and the ref wouldn't throw a flag.  He had an awful attitude, he was a good corner but about a tenth as good as he thought he was, he was entitled, he did things to hurt the team (witness:  Steve Smith), etc.

So when that particular corner gets beat, I'm going to point and laugh.  Because that's what he deserves.

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Where is Coach Parseghian when you need him?  Because that clip just summed up DeAngelo's entire sorry career.

Our man MeAngelo gave us alot of good material, didn't he Dave? 

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Our man MeAngelo gave us alot of good material, didn't he Dave? 

I blame Mora for trying to be his wingman instead of his coach.

Vandy and VTCrunkler like this

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I blame Mora for trying to be his wingman instead of his coach.

I never was a Mora fan, thought he was a horrible coach for this franchise. 

JDaveG likes this

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I never was a Mora fan, thought he was a horrible coach for this franchise. 

When he came in though I had high hopes,young energetic, coaching lineage. Had the offense rolling a few games and an NFC Championship game appearance. But that team could have been so much more.... Crunkler **** would love to have him on the 2018 team.

VTCrunkler, red falcon and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

When he came in though I had high hopes,young energetic, coaching lineage. Had the offense rolling a few games and an NFC Championship game appearance. But that team could have been so much more.... Crunkler **** would love to have him on the 2018 team.

You can't be buddies with the players and also be their head coach. Plus he lost his focus, and the players notice that kind stuff. 

3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I don't get the vitriol. A heckuva player I thought. Some of you guys should have been forced to watch Dimry play.

ahhh, toast dimry. been a while since i heard that name.

When we drafted him was around when I first started paying much attention to the draft before it happened. He was the guy I wanted the Falcons to take & when they did, I couldn't believe it. I was so psyched & he instantly became my favorite player on the team.

Unfortunately, that excitement started to fizzle away pretty quickly the longer he was here. I remember being on tour with my band when I was when I was told that he had been traded to Oakland. I was kinda pizzed off at first because I thought/hoped that with decent coaching & some time to mature, he'd set his ego aside a bit & use the physical tools he had to become a truly special CB. I think deep down I knew that wasn't likely because he is who he is, and I was more upset due to sentimental attachment.

Ultimately, I knew it was probably the right move & as soon as I saw him getting abused regularly in Oakland & Washington, I knew it was undoubtably the correct move.

VTCrunkler likes this

4 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

We used to call him MeAngelo when he played for VT in college.  His talent was undeniable, but he was definitely all about making it to "the league"

Any bad stories about him

VTCrunkler likes this