Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VTCrunkler

DeAngelo Hall retires after 14 NFL seasons

106 posts in this topic

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1544551

Hall, 34, played five games for the Washington Redskins last season. Originally the eighth overall pick by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2004 draft, he spent four seasons in Atlanta, eight games with the Oakland Raiders in 2008, and the last 9.5 seasons in Washington.

Known for his intensity, Hall was fined $10,000 while with the Falcons in 2007 for carrying a poster of then-teammate Michael Vick onto the field and wearing "MV7" in the shade underneath his eyes

4 minutes ago, SOI said:

It still bothers me remembering when Hall went for the interception instead of the knock-down right before haltime on a Drew Brees throw resulting in a whiff and a touchdown.

Total me guy 

We used to call him MeAngelo when he played for VT in college.  His talent was undeniable, but he was definitely all about making it to "the league"

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

now talk about Vitriol...smitty had some of that on the sideline.  especially when his face would turn red as a tick.

Smitty was never the same after that heart scare thing. Used to love watching him get bent out of shape on the sidelines.

6 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Anyone remember Smitty going after him on the sideline LOL?

I remember when D-Hall and Steve Smith were both basically rookies and got into a fight - Smith burned him and also looked to kick his azz - at the time, I thought D-Hall was much more talented than Steve Smith - boy was I wrong!

5 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Smitty was never the same after that heart scare thing. Used to love watching him get bent out of shape on the sidelines.

you know, he never was the same after that...

papachaz likes this

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I remember when D-Hall and Steve Smith were both basically rookies and got into a fight - Smith burned him and also looked to kick his azz - at the time, I thought D-Hall was much more talented than Steve Smith - boy was I wrong!

Way wrong. I used to think Jimmy Williams was way more talented than D-Hall.  Boy was I wrong.

g-dawg, Kung Fu Kenny and shock like this

37 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

We used to call him MeAngelo when he played for VT in college.  His talent was undeniable, but he was definitely all about making it to "the league"

some of us knew him by that nickname here as well. as proven by the post under yours.

Ole Steve Smith could get in his head quick!

g-dawg and VTCrunkler like this