Unkn0wn

Braves vs Cubs

587 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Surprisingly not really. I attended a game last year and had no traffic around the stadium. Got in and out no issues on a night where they had 35,000 people. Parking would be a big problem.

That’s what I said. Parking. The other post was humor. Atlanta traffic. Yes I know. I go to games. The ATL traffic is bad but doable. Parking for day games problematic. 

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm leaning towards they just don't reschedule unless they have to.

I think they'll have to reschedule it. I don't see this game being "meaningless" and them settling for 161 game season.

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So it's postponed?

Not officially. The rain isn't stopping all night though. The first time it drops below 50% chance is 1 AM.

59 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You mean like what the Dodgers did multiple times last year to limit innings?

You mean when they did it with their older pitchers? Yeah, exact same thing, especially when the kid is saying that he approached the team with the issue. :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't think so. Like the numbers I posted yesterday, Vizzy has really struggled with allowing too many baserunners in high leverage situations this year.

No doubt. He's basically the same pitcher he's always been, but a little off over the 20 innings he's pitched so far. In other words, I don't see a reason he can't be as effective as prior years with just slightly better control of his off-speed pitches.

3 hours ago, K26dp said:

No doubt. He's basically the same pitcher he's always been, but a little off over the 20 innings he's pitched so far. In other words, I don't see a reason he can't be as effective as prior years with just slightly better control of his off-speed pitches.

And I mentioned that in the rest of my post that you omitted. He has basically been as good as he was last year save for the walks.