Yu Darvish, RHP, 0-3, 6.00

Mike Foltynewicz, RHP, 3-2, 3.21

Wednesday, 7:35 PM

Tyler Chatwood, RHP, 3-3, 3.35

Brandon McCarthy, RHP, 4-2, 5.58

Thursday, 7:35 PM

Jon Lester, LHP, 2-1, 2.82

Mike Soroka, RHP, 2-0, 1.99

Tomorrow, I'll take a repeat of the first 4 innings of that game that game except have it happen over the course of 9 innings. I see a split in the offerings. Braves win the first two and lose the last two.

Unless the bats explode, Wed with McCarthy pitching, is pretty much a guaranteed loss. 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Man the Cubs so far have gotten the wrong end of that Darvish contract. 

Only Jake Arrieta and Tyler Chatwood have made good on their contract so far. The rest have been bad.

• Mike Minor - 7 GS, 40 IP, 39 H, 21 R, 21 ER, 6 HR, 9 BB, 32 SO, 4.73 ERA, 1.20 WHIP
  • Andrew Cashner - 8 GS, 44 2/3 IP, 46 H, 27 R, 24 ER, 10 HR, 21 BB, 40 SO, 4.84 ERA, 1.50 WHIP
  • Jaime Garcia - 7 GS, 35 IP, 37 H, 24 R, 21 ER, 8 HR, 18 BB, 35 SO, 5.40 ERA, 1.57 WHIP
  • Yu Darvish - 6 GS, 30 IP, 31 H, 22 R, 20 ER, 6 HR, 16 BB, 37 SO, 6.00 ERA, 1.57 WHIP
  • Alex Cobb - 6 GS, 29 1/3 IP, 49 H, 28 R, 23 ER, 6 HR, 6 BB, 16 SO, 7.06 ERA, 1.88 WHIP
  • Lance Lynn - 7 GS, 34 1/3 IP, 43 H, 28 R, 28 ER, 6 HR, 25 BB, 36 SO, 7.34 ERA, 1.98 WHIP
  • Jason Vargas - 3 GS, 12 1/3 IP, 26 H, 19 R, 19 ER, 5 HR, 7 BB, 9 SO, 13.86 ERA, 2.68 WHIP

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Thats why the market was so dead last winter. Just wasn't  much quality out there.

Well, not just that, but some of those guys are quality players and just not performing. Alex Cobb has been a very good pitcher in his career and this year has been a total disaster so far. I do wonder how much of that has to do with not having a proper spring training?

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Arizona lost last night. That means the Atlanta Braves have the best record in the NL.

And only a 1 game lead in the division. Yeesh.

45 minutes ago, Malachore said:

And only a 1 game lead in the division. Yeesh.

Yeah, it's a tough division this year. I expect the Phillies and Nats both to hang around. The Mets will probably stay within striking distance too as long as their arms are healthy.

14 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well, not just that, but some of those guys are quality players and just not performing. Alex Cobb has been a very good pitcher in his career and this year has been a total disaster so far. I do wonder how much of that has to do with not having a proper spring training?

My guess: a lot.

BTW, after a train wreck April, Cobb has pitched to a 3.06 ERA in May so far.

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Arizona lost last night. That means the Atlanta Braves have the best record in the NL.

I am enjoying this.  I live in NY in Long Island.  I live in Mets country.  So many fans are like, How can you wear that Braves hat here.  I say with a smile.  I am from Georgia.      

So shocked that there's good weather in Chicago today. Didn't look like that would happen from how bad those storms were this morning.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

WTF with this ump, he single handedly got Quintana out of this inning....

The zone drastically changed in the middle of the inning 

Malachore likes this

1 minute ago, Drew4719 said:

The zone drastically changed in the middle of the inning 

Dude throws like 6 straight balls and suddenly he's getting strikes 6" off the plate on both sides.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this