falconidae

Snap counts for the 2017 Falcons and the replacement for the top 4 snap counts missing from last year

187 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. I’m not onnthe meds thing. I don’t take anything and not trying to my brother. I’ve on the heath thing and not trusting Big pharma for years. I really just use checkups for my own analysis then use holistic approaches to correcting whatever is wrong. I don’t even get flu shots. Never have never will lol. The only meds I may take is Tylenol Sinus lol. I know Big pharma wants is sick. That’s how they make their money. I’m with ya brother. 

I tell everyone to stay away from doctors and to work with a functional medicene or at the very least do your own research before blindly trusting an MD. 

I've had first hand experience of how shi**** allopathic medicene is and how awesome and sensible functional medicene is.

Big Pharma is one of the most evil industries in the world. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital
falcons007, Vandy and TheFatboi like this

9 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Beasley sacks didn't do anything to swing a game besides Denver and maybe one other and it was more his forced fumbles.. Beaz didn't take games over or impact games with many of those 15.5 sacks.. Trash lines are trash lines 

Beasley’s sacks ABSOLUTELY helped swing games. He helped against GB the 1st game. His sack against Oakland got them off the field and helped us take a significant lead next drive. You forget his forced fumbles were wait for it....Strip SACKS!! To think his sacks didn’t help ya swing a game in any way is preposterous. If I’m not mistaken he lead the league in strip sacks that year or close to it. Also ANY sack puts an offense in a longer situation to make a first down. Even the games Beasley Just spied he made an impact and helped swing the game because Aaron couldn’t scramble to extend plays. The rams were playing ya hella tough and Beasley got the big kahuna. Strip sack, recovery, and the score. In the playoffs he spied Wilson and Rodgers. He impacted us all year whether he rushed or spied. 15.5 sacks is STILL 15.5 sacks. 

Falconcheff likes this

6 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I tell everyone to stay away from doctors and to work with a functional medicene or at the very least do your own research before blindly trusting an MD. 

I've had first hand experience of how shi**** allopathic medicene is and how awesome and sensible functional medicene is.

Big Pharma is one of the most evil industries in the world. 

Absolutely bro. Big pharma could give 2 sh*ts about healing the sick. That’s counter productive. And not just that it’s the doctors that are in bed with Big pharma. Agree with 1000%. 

Bobby.Digital likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL....So multiple sacks in one game don't count? 

No but 6 sacks over six games may help you win those 6 games.. 6 sacks in 1 game really only helps you win that 1 game.. that's all were saying here ..  I would take a sack a week over 16 sacks in week 1 anyday

Falconcheff likes this

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

DQ doesn’t play rookies.. so few rookie snap counts. 

ummm, didn't we go to the super bowl a few years ago with MULTIPLE rookies STARTING???

but quinn doesn't play rookies?

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Clayborn had 9.5. 

So Takk will get 15.5 sacks this year? Got it.

Hey 70 did you notice we signed McLain and most of the draft class I thought you were adamant a month ago this wasn't possible?

Even after being told all off season that we could.

As above your poor take on the Takk Clayborn situation is becoming to common.

Just like the cap disaster that was non existent I'm pretty sure coaching staff have a plan in place for that DE spot.

Have you not been paying attention and reading and watching the FO execute the off season plan?

Keep digging though man eventually you may find a nut.

Ergo Proxy likes this

I'm the one dude here who has always liked clayborn..... The guy is a good rotational DE but I'm mad some of yall actin like this man was von miller...

Acting like 6 of his 9 sacks didn't come from 1 game.... Come on yall .. don't under rate the man but **** don't over rate him either... 

Takk and Beasley should see sound 60-70% of the DE snaps.

I do feel like we are missing that DE/DT that will give us pressures and 4+ sacks.

We will see will JT Jones or Winbush step up as a decent rotational guy

Ergo Proxy and Falconcheff like this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

And, of course you're  nitpicking one thing [which i admitted was true in OP] and ignoring all the positives about this team.

Beaseley was a LB last year, this year, he's back to DE, Takk should get many more snaps this year-that covers Clayborn's snaps.

28 of the top 32 players[ by snap count] return from a team that has made the playoffs two years in a row.

There are several youngsters/FA/draft picks that look promising. This is one of the most solid teams in the NFL, little bit of luck-good health & good bounces-this team can be playing the last game of the year in their own stadium.

Which would get you your rest, which would be good, because sleep deprivation makes you cranky.

LOL I told him the other night to go back to sleep, we had it covered  ;)

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

This is true, and I certainly wouldn't have minded us re-signing him.  But since we didn't, it's a move-on for me... next guy up

Meh, sometimes... mostly just the beginnings of the convo with '70 petering out... dude is likely never gonna be any more than a glass half-empty kinda guy; in fact, I think if the glass really was half empty, his take would be it's half empty because somebody put their stanky lips on it and now he can't even drink what's left...

you are on a roll today my friend!   :lol::lol:

Falconcheff likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Us old codgers tend to do that. :)

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

You ain’t old brother. Just aging like wine Lol

all right all right, you young lil whippersnappers need to watch yo mouths fore one of us old codgers washes it out with soap!!!

:ninja::ninja::lol:

Vandy and TheFatboi like this

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I'm the one dude here who has always liked clayborn..... The guy is a good rotational DE but I'm mad some of yall actin like this man was von miller...

Acting like 6 of his 9 sacks didn't come from 1 game.... Come on yall .. don't under rate the man but **** don't over rate him either... 

I do feel like we are missing that DE/DT that will give us pressures and 4+ sacks.

I actually think that other guy will come in the form of Campbell rushing from SLB. Was supposed to be the case last year but Riley happened. But if Riley or Foye man WLB admirably then that other rusher could be Campbell. Also Crawford could be another rush option. I don’t think we’re as bad off as folks may think. As usual. Lol 

Just now, papachaz said:

all right all right, you young lil whippersnappers need to watch yo mouths fore one of us old codgers washes it out with soap!!!

:ninja::ninja::lol:

:D

papachaz likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, you need to do that for sure, my good friend. 

My deal wasn’t physical though....

ohhhh did you just open that door????? you know some of us round here can't resist a door that wide open right???  :lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, papachaz said:

ummm, didn't we go to the super bowl a few years ago with MULTIPLE rookies STARTING???

but quinn doesn't play rookies?

Sarcasm, just like the myth ofMS doesn’t play rookies. 

papachaz and Vandy like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

Sarcasm, just like the myth ofMS doesn’t play rookies. 

whooops, sorry I missed there....I must be slipping

or maybe it's sleep deprivation  :lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

The thing is I don't think alot want to believe that Clayborn and Poe were strategic let goes.If you have a look at the roster the first mentioned had to be though right because of having drafted Beasley and Takk there your future not Clayborn so to me that's right in your face as a release.I think deep down signing one year deals is exactly that a stop gap until your drafted guys are able to step into the breech.

Poe again one year rental I think they thought about resigning him and looked at what they had to resign and let him walk and drafted another guy.Again if you look at the roster I think this was a no brainer aswell.

Honestly I don't think alot look deep enough before writing and use it as an excuse to complain.

Ergo Proxy likes this

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I actually think that other guy will come in the form of Campbell rushing from SLB. Was supposed to be the case last year but Riley happened. But if Riley or Foye man WLB admirably then that other rusher could be Campbell. Also Crawford could be another rush option. I don’t think we’re as bad off as folks may think. As usual. Lol 

I don't know what to make of Crawford there's just not enough around to suggest he can be  a legit threat.But the fact that DQ has already mentioned he will be a big part of the pass rushing package has got my attention though.

WLBer spot is the spot where we need to see the improvement if we can solidify that spot with good play then I think this defense moves onwards and upwards.

I don't have any worries about Campbell and his rush ability from the SLBer spot could surprise a few when asked to rush the passer he's been pretty decent.

TheFatboi likes this

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I don't know what to make of Crawford there's just not enough around to suggest he can be  a legit threat.But the fact that DQ has already mentioned he will be a big part of the pass rushing package has got my attention though.

WLBer spot is the spot where we need to see the improvement if we can solidify that spot with good play then I think this defense moves onwards and upwards.

I don't have any worries about Campbell and his rush ability from the SLBer spot could surprise a few when asked to rush the passer he's been pretty decent.

Agree. I think that was the plan last year to use Campbell’s rushing ability from the SLB position but Riley was hurt. Campbell rushed a little early on in the season before moving back to WLB. I believe the addition of Oliver will allow us to blitz a little more with Beasley at DE and sending Campbell or a corner or a safety from time to time. 

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The little glimpse I got of Crawford last season looked promising. He can be disruptive with good hand usage and long arms. The play he and Takk had in the preseason where they caused a strip sack was a thing of beauty and left a good taste in my mouth. Albeit it was preseason but Takk definitely flashed in that instance and backed it up with a solid season I’m hoping the same for Crawford but we’ll see.

kiwifalcon and TheFatboi like this

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Beasley’s sacks ABSOLUTELY helped swing games. He helped against GB the 1st game. His sack against Oakland got them off the field and helped us take a significant lead next drive. You forget his forced fumbles were wait for it....Strip SACKS!! To think his sacks didn’t help ya swing a game in any way is preposterous. If I’m not mistaken he lead the league in strip sacks that year or close to it. Also ANY sack puts an offense in a longer situation to make a first down. Even the games Beasley Just spied he made an impact and helped swing the game because Aaron couldn’t scramble to extend plays. The rams were playing ya hella tough and Beasley got the big kahuna. Strip sack, recovery, and the score. In the playoffs he spied Wilson and Rodgers. He impacted us all year whether he rushed or spied. 15.5 sacks is STILL 15.5 sacks. 

As far as his impact again he changed maybee two games. A sack on second down when the team still converts doesn't do much good. The year he lead the year in sacks he was not a force by any means. When you need a sack to end a game you never hear Beaz the way you do say Miller, he comes up when the teams needs him, in clutch situations and games. 

As far as your last sentence you made my point, Clays 6 sacks are 6sacks. Regardless of 1 game or not he got em.. People need to stop discrediting that like we had other world beaters on the line with big sack numbers

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hey 70 did you notice we signed McLain and most of the draft class I thought you were adamant a month ago this wasn't possible?

Even after being told all off season that we could.

As above your poor take on the Takk Clayborn situation is becoming to common.

Just like the cap disaster that was non existent I'm pretty sure coaching staff have a plan in place for that DE spot.

Have you not been paying attention and reading and watching the FO execute the off season plan?

Keep digging though man eventually you may find a nut.

Bro did you notice we had to wait for Ryan and Lolo's money to clear to sign the draft class and McClain? Before that happened we were hovering around $1.3M in cap space. Troffed. Just wait and see how the next two cap years unfold.

Our vaunted 2018 free agency class included Fusco, McClain, Bethel and Paulsen. One average starter and three back ups. You happy?

We are going from Poe, Rubin and Upshaw to Senat, McClain and Crawford at DT. That looks like a drop off. A light in the as front that will get run over. Don't be surprised if we drop out of the top 10 run defense class.

At DE we lost Clayborn and added a UDFA with no NFL snaps. TATF says Takk and Beasley will take up the slack. I hope so. We will soon see.

38 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

As far as his impact again he changed maybee two games. A sack on second down when the team still converts doesn't do much good. The year he lead the year in sacks he was not a force by any means. When you need a sack to end a game you never hear Beaz the way you do say Miller, he comes up when the teams needs him, in clutch situations and games. 

As far as your last sentence you made my point, Clays 6 sacks are 6sacks. Regardless of 1 game or not he got em.. People need to stop discrediting that like we had other world beaters on the line with big sack numbers

Lets look at Vic's sacks from that year, courtesy of PFR

http://pfref.com/tiny/w1nL0

4 of his sacks were 3rd down, that certainly counts, 

Had a sack of Carr on 2nd down at 2 minutes in the first half that resulted in a punt 2 plays later

Had a 2nd down sack of Brees that ended the first half,

a sack on 1st down on Lynch that ended up being a 3 and out,

a sack on 2nd down on Lynch that ended up being a 3 and out.

A sack on 1st down on Lynch that ended up being  a 3  and out. 

A sack of Goff on 1st down that resulted in a 3 and out

A sack of Goff on 2nd down that resulted in a 3 and out

A sack of Goff on 2nd down that resulted in a fumble recovery and a score.

A sack of Wentz on 2nd down that resulted in a fumble recovery.

13 of his 15 sacks resulted in a change of possession in that series of downs. Not sure how much better he could do.

Ergo Proxy, Falconcheff and Geneaut like this