Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falconidae

Snap counts for the 2017 Falcons and the replacement for the top 4 snap counts missing from last year

187 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL....So multiple sacks in one game don't count? 

They count all right... they sure counted dollars into Clayborn's bank account.  But as for field production, one game like that inflates a stat value beyond a fellow's actual per game production...

2 minutes ago, Upstate NY Falcon said:

I think the point they were making was in regards to long term replacement of production from losing Clayborn. 

I don’t know if we have a 9.5 sack guy on the roster outside of Takk and Beasley, but I don’t think Clay is a 9.5 sack guy either. This conversation was beaten to death when he signed with NE. In 7 seasons he totaled 30 sacks, so 1/3 of his career total came last season. Outside of last season and his rookie season (7), he never had more than 5.5 in a season.

I'm not arguing Clay is a 9.5 sack per year guy, but all pass rushers get their sacks in bunches.

Clayborn's issues were always injuries. 

papachaz and falcons007 like this

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Of course Idae is gonna try to blow sunshine up our ases.

I'll be shocked if we don't have a drop off from:

Poe/Rubin/Upshaw to Senat/McClain/Crawford

Clayborn/Takk off bench to Takk/??? off bench

And, of course you're  nitpicking one thing [which i admitted was true in OP] and ignoring all the positives about this team.

Beaseley was a LB last year, this year, he's back to DE, Takk should get many more snaps this year-that covers Clayborn's snaps.

28 of the top 32 players[ by snap count] return from a team that has made the playoffs two years in a row.

There are several youngsters/FA/draft picks that look promising. This is one of the most solid teams in the NFL, little bit of luck-good health & good bounces-this team can be playing the last game of the year in their own stadium.

Which would get you your rest, which would be good, because sleep deprivation makes you cranky.

Just now, falconidae said:

And, of course you're  nitpicking one thing [which i admitted was true in OP] and ignoring all the positives about this team.

Beaseley was a LB last year, this year, he's back to DE, Takk should get many more snaps this year-that covers Clayborn's snaps.

28 of the top 32 players[ by snap count] return from a team that has made the playoffs two years in a row.

There are several youngsters/FA/draft picks that look promising. This is one of the most solid teams in the NFL, little bit of luck-good health & good bounces-this team can be playing the last game of the year in their own stadium.

Which would get you your rest, which would be good, because sleep deprivation makes you cranky.

LOL....Touche'!

papachaz likes this

2 minutes ago, Upstate NY Falcon said:

I think the point they were making was in regards to long term replacement of production from losing Clayborn. 

I don’t know if we have a 9.5 sack guy on the roster outside of Takk and Beasley, but I don’t think Clay is a 9.5 sack guy either. This conversation was beaten to death when he signed with NE. In 7 seasons he totaled 30 sacks, so 1/3 of his career total came last season. Outside of last season and his rookie season (7), he never had more than 5.5 in a season.

To further inflate the cause, one could say that 20% of his total seven year career sacks came in that one game...

Vandy and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

4 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

They count all right... they sure counted dollars into Clayborn's bank account.  But as for field production, one game like that inflates a stat value beyond a fellow's actual per game production...

He actually had a very nice season, even when you discount that dallas game.  I think he and Poe will be missed alot more than folks in here think they will. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

He actually had a very nice season, even when you discount that dallas game.  

This is true, and I certainly wouldn't have minded us re-signing him.  But since we didn't, it's a move-on for me... next guy up

Just now, Vandy said:

data-mining is fun, isn't it? 

Meh, sometimes... mostly just the beginnings of the convo with '70 petering out... dude is likely never gonna be any more than a glass half-empty kinda guy; in fact, I think if the glass really was half empty, his take would be it's half empty because somebody put their stanky lips on it and now he can't even drink what's left...

papachaz, Vandy and falcons007 like this

2 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

This is true, and I certainly wouldn't have minded us re-signing him.  But since we didn't, it's a move-on for me... next guy up

Meh, sometimes... mostly just the beginnings of the convo with '70 petering out... dude is likely never gonna be any more than a glass half-empty kinda guy; in fact, I think if the glass really was half empty, his take would be it's half empty because somebody put their stanky lips on it and now he can't even drink what's left...

Us old codgers tend to do that. :)

16 minutes ago, Upstate NY Falcon said:

He was hurt a lot in his career. 

Upstate NY Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Man, I feel my age this year. One of worst years (last 12 months) in long long time.

but you keep plugging until it gets better, ya know?

Wow. I hear that from a lot of men older than me. Just keep plugging like you said and take care of the engine. That’s what keeps the car moving. I need to start getting regular checkups myself. I’m heafing into that territory. 

Vandy likes this

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL....So multiple sacks in one game don't count? 

Nope not when the player walks to  NE and is no longer a Falcon.  Don't count. If he was still a Falcon the narrative would be we have Takk, Beasley plus a 9.5 sack man in Clayborn.  :rolleyes:

Vandy and PokerSteve like this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Wow. I hear that from a lot of men older than me. Just keep plugging like you said and take care of the engine. That’s what keeps the car moving. I need to start getting regular checkups myself. I’m heafing into that territory. 

Careful my brother... them Doc's can find something wrong with even the healthiest of individuals... how else are they gonna be able to prescribe you something that's gonna lead to a whole lotta other trouble down the road... that they can prescribe something else for???

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He was hurt a lot in his career. 

Absolutely, no one is arguing that. It all paints the full picture. The Falcons chose to move on from a solid, but aging player with injury concerns whose ceiling seems to be as a rotational piece.

I’m happy he had his best season in the red & black, and happy he was able to leverage that into a solid contract from a team that is a perrenial favorite to win the Super Bowl. I don’t think the Falcons viewed him as more than a bridge player when they brought him in. He served that role well and both parties moved on. 

falconidae and Falconcheff like this

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

Misleading, Clay had six in one game against Dallas scrub... For REAL, Clay is a 5 sack guy at most...

1 hour ago, Fernando C. said:

6 came in one game.. we should be looking at the pressures Clay made on a regular basis.. 

But Beasley gets 15 and leads the league against trash lines and we applaud him? Don't discredit when it's convenient. Not saying takk can't but yall say that like everybody can walk into 6 sacks. Anyone else on the team even have 6?

13 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yeah, you need to do that for sure, my good friend. 

My deal wasn’t physical though....

TheFatboi likes this

7 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

But Beasley gets 15 and leads the league against trash lines and we applaud him? Don't discredit when it's convenient. Not saying takk can't but yall say that like everybody can walk into 6 sacks. Anyone else on the team even have 6?

And yes, IF he got 2/3 of those sacks in one game, I'd say the same thing.  But he produced consistently year long.  That's the difference in situations.  Clay got 2/3 of his year sacks in one game.

8 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Careful my brother... them Doc's can find something wrong with even the healthiest of individuals... how else are they gonna be able to prescribe you something that's gonna lead to a whole lotta other trouble down the road... that they can prescribe something else for???

Absolutely. I’m not onnthe meds thing. I don’t take anything and not trying to my brother. I’ve on the heath thing and not trusting Big pharma for years. I really just use checkups for my own analysis then use holistic approaches to correcting whatever is wrong. I don’t even get flu shots. Never have never will lol. The only meds I may take is Tylenol Sinus lol. I know Big pharma wants is sick. That’s how they make their money. I’m with ya brother. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, you need to do that for sure, my good friend. 

My deal wasn’t physical though....

Ok. Gotcha bro. If you ever need to talk you can always hit me. 

Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

And yes, IF he got 2/3 of those sacks in one game, I'd say the same thing.  But he produced consistently year long.  That's the difference in situations.  Clay got 2/3 of his year sacks in one game.

That’s true for most DEs. Sacks come in Bunches, Ansah who Lions tagged got 9 out of his 12 sacks in 3 games. It’s not just Clay thing. 

Vandy likes this

13 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Ok. Gotcha bro. If you ever need to talk you can always hit me. 

I know my friend. You and a few other brothers have been my escape in here this year. 

TheFatboi likes this

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That’s true for most DEs. Sacks come in Bunches, Ansah who Lions tagged got 9 out of his 12 sacks in 3 games. It’s not just Clay thing. 

See Beasley in 2016. 

19 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Beasley sacks didn't do anything to swing a game besides Denver and maybe one other and it was more his forced fumbles.. Beaz didn't take games over or impact games with many of those 15.5 sacks.. Trash lines are trash lines