That time when two Georgia state senators...

...wanted to show my Indonesian friend around Atlanta a few years ago.  My friend happens to be one of the highest government officials in their version of the Secretary of State’s office in the second largest city in Indonesia.  He was visiting Atlanta to observe Georgia election administration.  

After the typical dinner and a few drinks, the two Georgia state senators decided that my Indonesian (and Muslim) friend needed to see a strib club.  By my friend’s description, it sounded like Midtown, but I’m not positive.

However, these two Georgia senators wanted to show my Indonesian (and Muslim) friend that not all strip clubs are like you see in the movies.  So they selected one for him to visit where the women were...to quote what he remembers them saying...”stanky skanks”.  As he tells the story, the women were rather homely and some were on the plus size.  

After several more beers, the two state senators paid for a large, unattractive woman to give my Indonesian (did I mention he’s Muslim?) friend a lap dance.  After a few more beers, and however long a “stanky skank lapdance” lasts, the two state senators apparently became beligerant, loud, and argumentative with the “stanky skanks” attending to my Indonesian (and Muslim) friend.  According to my friend, there was almost an altercation with the staff and they were all politely asked to “get the f*** out”.  

Sadly, a lot of the finer details are probably lost to time and repression because this was several years ago and my Indonesian friend (who I have seen two times since he as in Atlanta) decided to tell me about this only a few days ago.  

However, I wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate the Georgia state government for it’s innovative efforts at international diplomacy and cultural exchange with one of the largest countries in the world.  

The absolute biggest drunken maniac I ever met was a Florida State Senator.  He was a groomsman at a friend's wedding.  He got **** faced and loudly talked politics all night.

My favorite from that discussion was about Marco Rubio:  "Some people cut and some people stick.  Marco cuts."

Imagine it said by a dude who looks a lot like Owen Wilson and is sloshing scotch all over the patio of a very nice conference center at a wedding reception, whilst wearing a tuxedo with the shirt unbuttoned and the clip on bow tie hanging loosely around his sweaty neck.

He puked in the bushes at one point.  Then ordered another drink.

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

The absolute biggest drunken maniac I ever met was a Florida State Senator.  He was a groomsman at a friend's wedding.  He got **** faced and loudly talked politics all night.

My favorite from that discussion was about Marco Rubio:  "Some people cut and some people stick.  Marco cuts."

Imagine it said by a dude who looks a lot like Owen Wilson and is sloshing scotch all over the patio of a very nice conference center at a wedding reception, whilst wearing a tuxedo with the shirt unbuttoned and the clip on bow tie hanging loosely around his sweaty neck.

I have tremendous respect for those of us that are strong adherents to the "boot 'n rally" strategy. 

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I have tremendous respect for those of us that are strong adherents to the "boot 'n rally" strategy. 

This dude is a black belt in boot n' rally.

Like, if there were masters of the art, he'd be this guy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5454263

9 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I met a drunken Ted (Lion of the Senate) Kennedy twice.  He was not a very nice man, but I'm speaking a drunken Teddy.  Some people are just nasty drunks though. Don't know what he was like sober, of course from the way I hear it, that would've been pretty hard to do, the odds would've been low in other words. 

On 5/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

(...) the two Georgia state senators decided that my Indonesian (and Muslim) friend needed to see a strib club.

After several more beers, the two state senators paid for a large, unattractive woman to give my Indonesian (did I mention he’s Muslim?) friend a lap dance.

You mean a lab dance?