Article Regarding Duke Riley

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TD call did Patrick Dye on draft day asking what other team was interested in Ridley and talk8mg bao7t a possible trade up to make sure we got him. 

I think we had Ridley targeted the whole time. That said, we absolutely had to do our due diligence on all players that fit our scheme in round 1 because you just never know h9w things wil, unfold.

I think we will pick up a veteran LB after cuts.

Just now, Tim Mazetti said:

Maybe Riley will shine in OTAs and TC?

It dosen't look like the FO has that confidence.

Yeah, I sha4e the teams concern.the good news is serviceable veteran LBs tend to be around after cuts once teams see how their younger guys are playing in camp.  It’s not perfect,  not ideal, but we needed Ridley as well so I’m realistic about what we can do with our limited resources ( as I know you are). 

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Legendary spellcheck post @gazoo:D

....but agreed. We can always look to ensure depth in front 7 on D now with our wiggle room between now and season actually. 

Good news is that most guys this late in offseason may only require 1 year contracts.

This dang device I’m on is not colperatmg! Haha

yep, one year band aids will work for depth

We couldn't have had all eyes on Ridley because no one knew he would still be there. We could have upgraded at multiple positions but we were pleasantly surprised that Ridley fell to 26.He was a great pick at 26 but no one could have faulted us for going DL or LB. 

We use 2 LBers a good portion of the time anyway. Debo and Campbell with Neal playing inside the box should stop the run and our pass rush is good enough to get pressure on their own i believe. Hopefully Riley improves but if he doesnt i think we will still be alright with what we have as long as Debo and Campbell stay healthy.

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

TD call did Patrick Dye on draft day asking what other team was interested in Ridley and talk8mg bao7t a possible trade up to make sure we got him. 

I think we had Ridley targeted the whole time. That said, we absolutely had to do our due diligence on all players that fit our scheme in round 1 because you just never know h9w things wil, unfold.

Yea I think we sign Arthur moats

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

We use 2 LBers a good portion of the time anyway. Debo and Campbell with Neal playing inside the box should stop the run and our pass rush is good enough to get pressure on their own i believe. Hopefully Riley improves but if he doesnt i think we will still be alright with what we have as long as Debo and Campbell stay healthy.

I hope your right because we did lose multiple Dlineman who had a few sacks among them, the question is who do we have that will step up.  I feel good about Tak making the jump up to 8 sacks 

9 hours ago, gazoo said:

You gang banging or something? What's with all the subliminal messages with numbers?

What set you claiming?:huh:

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Matthew Chambers is a professional **** stirrer. 

I wouldn’t put an ounce of credence in anything he says. 

You got it.

Sure looks like he is reaching for something negative in the article. Just the title is misleading.

Edited by Tim Mazetti

Riley was a reach.  I don't see him playing with the same physicality and mindset of Deion Jones.  Need to put him at gunner and toughen him up on ST.  Because he doesn't fit the fast and physical philosophy of Quinn; which surprises me that they picked him where they did.

2 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Riley was a reach.  I don't see him playing with the same physicality and mindset of Deion Jones.  Need to put him at gunner and toughen him up on ST.  Because he doesn't fit the fast and physical philosophy of Quinn; which surprises me that they picked him where they did.

Da Truth.

Don't think you can draw any conclusions from the Falcons "wanting" Evans. Pretty sure the Falcons called every team about their first round pick-that's what TD does, that's what every good GM does.

Same with the "interest" in Evans- just sounds like due diligence. Exploring possibilities.

If they'd wanted Evans that badly, they would have made a trade for him.

1 hour ago, Da_Truth said:

half right , he fits the fast , but he needs some work on that physical

No doubt Riley was over-drafted, but with our D line so thin we really need good LB depth to get through the season. I keep thinking TD and Quinn have a master plan where we can pick up some D line and O line help after training camp.. or I should say they better have a plan.

44 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

half right , he fits the fast , but he needs some work on that physical

Fast doesn't matter when you have zero football instincts.  He overruns or is constantly washed out of plays.  You pick players that have a physical mindset when you pick them.  It's rare you can teach a player to be physical--imo it's innate.