SoCalFalconFan

How long have you been a member of the board?

123 posts in this topic

2001 used to be Soaring Falcon posted in ABF as a resident liberal. Since then I have mainly lurked but most importantly because of another member of this board I finally saw the light and became conservative. Wish I could remember his name and thank him. 

Not a big poster, and have been through quite a few accounts, but I’ve been here since 2000. Keith Brooking getting his contract extension after rookie deal and Doug Johnson being better than Vick were my first days.

VTCrunkler and Ergo Proxy like this

I started on the boards in 1998. Been a fan since the team got here in 1966. Used to watch the games with my dad when I was very young and I treasure those memories. Don’t post as much as I used to but read the posts pretty much every day. Wish I had all of my total posts....would probably be between 25k and 30k I would guess. It’s been a lot of fun over the years. I have enjoyed getting acquainted with a number of you....in particular Knight of God (who is a brother in Christ), Gazoo and Papachaz who lives pretty close to me. Many good times here for sure. Thanks to all of you for the fun!

Ergo Proxy likes this

A few of the active posters I remember from back when I joined in 2001 as Birdfan:

Moderator, Gazoo, DJ11 (Capologist), Theyhateme, Bankerbird, sdogg, Direwolf, Shiny McShine, Rev Hal, Daddyknowsbest, Swiftkick/Swifty/Swift........, Defcon4, ET, Shay, Sker, Tonabull, Antmillenium, Loundes, MWJR, Skeetbird, SCFalcon, AlbinoDonkey, Falcon56, kschreck, Andrews31, Meagan, Bucshaq, G-Dawg, ShpForxxx, Johnnybuc, Peyton, JetPac, Static, Marvinthemartian, SacFalconFan, K-Train, PaFalconFan, RobertAP, OctoSlash, Vafalconfan, Papachaz, RockyMtnFan, Dude from the Macon area that couldn't complete a sentence, Jamal Anderson and the Ram fan that wanted to eat his ACL.

We were a dysfunctional family back then and still are. The millennials on this board now wouldn't have been able to handle TATF back then. Trust me. It was wide as open.

Well according to this website it says my join date is December 31st 1969 :D    Considering i was born in 1982 i would say i was a fan before now and got reincarnated to still be a fan and continued on my FF13 legacy XD

But in all seriousness i would say late 90's early 2000's    I was around when all the names FFS70 just listed was around and posting alot.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Since around 2005, I'd guess. I mainly lurked for the first few years because I'd watch posters get absoluetly roasted on here and was scared! Now I give about 2 #@%& and just speak my peace, for better or worse.....although it's mainly for worse :(

Ergo Proxy and VTCrunkler like this

2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I started on the boards in 1998. Been a fan since the team got here in 1966. Used to watch the games with my dad when I was very young and I treasure those memories. Don’t post as much as I used to but read the posts pretty much every day. Wish I had all of my total posts....would probably be between 25k and 30k I would guess. It’s been a lot of fun over the years. I have enjoyed getting acquainted with a number of you....in particular Knight of God (who is a brother in Christ), Gazoo and Papachaz who lives pretty close to me. Many good times here for sure. Thanks to all of you for the fun!

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

A few of the active posters I remember from back when I joined in 2001 as Birdfan:

Moderator, Gazoo, DJ11 (Capologist), Theyhateme, Bankerbird, sdogg, Direwolf, Shiny McShine, Rev Hal, Daddyknowsbest, Swiftkick/Swifty/Swift........, Defcon4, ET, Shay, Sker, Tonabull, Antmillenium, Loundes, MWJR, Skeetbird, SCFalcon, AlbinoDonkey, Falcon56, kschreck, Andrews31, Meagan, Bucshaq, G-Dawg, ShpForxxx, Johnnybuc, Peyton, JetPac, Static, Marvinthemartian, SacFalconFan, K-Train, PaFalconFan, RobertAP, OctoSlash, Vafalconfan, Papachaz, RockyMtnFan, Dude from the Macon area that couldn't complete a sentence, Jamal Anderson and the Ram fan that wanted to eat his ACL.

We were a dysfunctional family back then and still are. The millennials on this board now wouldn't have been able to handle TATF back then. Trust me. It was wide as open.

A list down memory lane and yes millenials would s bricks.  What happened to dire wolf ?

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Been here since sometime during the 2004 season. This is the only SN I've ever used.

I was trying to remember the first thing I talked about on here and it had to have been about Matt Schaub starting after the Falcons lost to the Lions.. A couple weeks later I experienced my first board meltdown after the Falcons gave up 8 rushing touchdowns after the loss to the Chiefs. That was epic.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Joined around 2004 when the boards were much different and posters really challenged each other's football knowledge.  It was intimidating at the time, but made me a much better student of the game.  I had a few different names over the years that no one would remember because I mainly lurked.  Really used to like the Falco cartoons and hickry stick back when the team felt alot more tough and genuine.  Crazy how different the board feels now, not sure if it's a good thing. 

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I was trying to remember the first thing I talked about on here and it had to have been about Matt Schaub starting after the Falcons lost to the Lions.. A couple weeks later I experienced my first board meltdown after the Falcons gave up 8 rushing touchdowns after the loss to the Chiefs. That was epic.

That Chiefs rushing attack or our run D? :tiphat::lol::munch:

Falconsfan567 likes this