Dimitroff interview on 92.9 today

g-dawg

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Probably because he makes just as much money doing what he does now working less in the year than a GM. 

He's compared to be the next Matthew Slater who the Patriots took in the 5th. Special teams is important just like offense and defense. 

So he can't hack it as a GM then?  So the Pats took someone in the 5th round and we should be copy cats meow?  Again if Mayock was so great at evaluating college talent and finding the NFL gems, then he would be working for some NFL team, but he just like all the other experts are hit and miss, although he is much better than Kiper.  I just find it funny how people want to use some of these media 'experts' as the be all, end all of evaluating NFL talent.  If that were the case, seems like DQ and company would just draft players only on his Mayocks list, right?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

So he can't hack it as a GM then?  So the Pats took someone in the 5th round and we should be copy cats meow?  Again if Mayock was so great at evaluating college talent and finding the NFL gems, then he would be working for some NFL team, but he just like all the other experts are hit and miss, although he is much better than Kiper.  I just find it funny how people want to use some of these media 'experts' as the be all, end all of evaluating NFL talent.  If that were the case, seems like DQ and company would just draft players only on his Mayocks list, right?

Boom. 

Mayock is good.  But time and time again, you see that coaching staff and actual insiders (scouts, GMs, etc) usually have a radically different idea of what is good.  Too many times kids have killed it in college and busted out in the NFL.  And everyone of them was a "can't miss" by the TV experts.  Then you see teams "reach" or "over draft" a kid that is a contributer day one.  When in doubt, the coaches have far more information and way more experience to evaluate talent and how that talent fits their team and whether or not it transfers from college to the pros. 

4 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

If you wanna pretend that Mayock isn't good at what he does then be my guest.

On 5/7/2018 at 5:57 AM, Bobby.Digital said:

Bethel and Gage are lowkey awesome additions. Both should be special team stand outs for us.

Did yall forget Damontae Kazee??

Hes gonna shock most of the NFL....I saw him live in at Rams / Falcons game....he looked soo suave and confident! 

On 5/7/2018 at 0:38 PM, g-dawg said:

GAGE and Yale kid have to make the team first - especially the Yale kid.    My guess is GAGE makes the 53 man roster and Yale kid is a practice squad guy.

I am hoping that he Yale guy, Foyesade Oluokun, pushes, and maybe wins the OLB position over Riley.

I don't think the Falcons want to expose him to predation by other teams by placing him on the PS.

Didn't the Falcons' give two sevens for him?

13 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I am hoping that he Yale guy, Foyesade Oluokun, pushes, and maybe wins the OLB position over Riley.

I don't think the Falcons want to expose him to predation by other teams by placing him on the PS.

Im hoping that as well....really excited to see what he can do....and for all you Riley lovers....That doesn't mean to give up on him...just friendly competition

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Pretty sure our 7th rounders were for the trade up to get Gage, but valid points otherwise. I hope he acclimates to NFL talent level.

Yep I think you are correct, my friend, on the Cage pick.

I stand corrected.

But, But.,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I love the competition that the FO foments every year.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, g-dawg said:

Shapiro can be annoying but he is OK when he focuses on sports.  When it comes to interviews, Steak is great.

Fricke has the good broadcast voice but he has no brain at all - just really dumb guy and his takes are idiotic.  Very painful to listen.   Cannot believe he has a job as I don’t know how anyone can listen to that show for more than three minutes without changing the station.

The rest of 92.9 lineup is decent - Michaels/Kayla, Dukes/Bell, Bunker Mentality....Chuckery/McMichael are really good on weekend - those two should get  Weekday morning job - Randy McMichael is great!!!! On 680, Chuck/Chernoff and Cellini/Dimino are good.  Not a fan of Steak’s show nor Buck & Kincaide.

That's pretty spot on, felt that way for a while.  Hard to believe Buck/Kincaide still going....I like Hugh , but totally agree- I almost rather listen to commercials.  Problem is - Steak/Sandra/Finn are just a smidge better...been music in the mornings for a while. Grown to know Steak isn't ever leaving the Atlanta market.

17 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

No way Falcons admit that mistake that early, Riley plays.