g-dawg

Dimitroff interview on 92.9 today

90 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Bethel and Gage are lowkey awesome additions. Both should be special team stand outs for us.

I think Foyesade could potentially help us out a lot there as well. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Hugh & Fricke sucks azz.  Worst morning sports talk in the country.

You must not listen to anything involving Steak Shapiro. Not sure if i'm listening to sports talk or Atlanta Eats radio

tonatl07, DMT11, rugger8 and 4 others like this

92.9 The Game @929TheGame 60m60 minutes ago

Thomas Dimitroff told @JohnFricke & @Bighugh53 the #Falcons they’re expecting Russell Gage to join Bethel as keys cogs on special teams.

0 replies 1 retweet 4 likes

92.9 The Game @929TheGame 1h1 hour ago

Thomas Dimitroff told @JohnFricke & @Bighugh53 the #Falcons coaching staff is absolutely willing to let rookies battle to start. Players must arrive at minicamp in shape and ready to compete.

92.9 The Game @929TheGame 1h1 hour ago

Thomas Dimitroff told @JohnFricke & @Bighugh53 the #Falcons weren’t really looking to move up in the draft this year. Value was good at 26.

0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes

Knox BardeenVerified account @knoxbardeen 1h1 hour ago

Thomas Dimitroff told @JohnFricke & @Bighugh53 the #Falcons will look for more DL help through free agency, but won’t add just to add. Must be a scheme fit & team must consider upcoming FAs like Jake Matthews, Grady Jarrett etc.

21 minutes ago, Five_Fifs said:

You must not listen to anything involving Steak Shapiro. Not sure if i'm listening to sports talk or Atlanta Eats radio

Shapiro can be annoying but he is OK when he focuses on sports.  When it comes to interviews, Steak is great.

Fricke has the good broadcast voice but he has no brain at all - just really dumb guy and his takes are idiotic.  Very painful to listen.   Cannot believe he has a job as I don’t know how anyone can listen to that show for more than three minutes without changing the station.

The rest of 92.9 lineup is decent - Michaels/Kayla, Dukes/Bell, Bunker Mentality....Chuckery/McMichael are really good on weekend - those two should get  Weekday morning job - Randy McMichael is great!!!! On 680, Chuck/Chernoff and Cellini/Dimino are good.  Not a fan of Steak’s show nor Buck & Kincaide.

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

In other words: "I know you guys probably want Hankins but we aren't going to sign him".

Yeah, I felt like TD’s comments there were directed at those wanting HANKINS.

wish 680 would stop talking so much baseball  I immediately tune out   also tune out when 92.9 FM talks soccer or Hawks (until they stop sucking, I'll jump on bandwagon then).  I know these stations sponsor those different sports (680 for baseball for instance), but it just makes me angry hearing 680 talk braves right after the nfl draft or big nfl game.  also what's the point of having lawyers on unless there is a SPECIFIC legal issue facing sports (ie only occasionally)

Love Mike Bell

Total Package and papachaz like this

Great interview. :)

And, I just take those comments to mean what they mean. Who knows if Hankins is a scheme fit? I don't want to turn it into him speaking about one of the current FA DTs without more substance. Falcons also could be waiting on Lolo's hit/other June cuts before signing anyone.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Frucke is horrible Hugh has to carry it as much as he can , that's why all other shows dog them

Just now, DMT11 said:

Frucke is horrible Hugh has to carry it as much as he can , that's why all other shows dog them

Hugh is not good either but if he was with a good host, he could at least be average.

Kelsey ConwayVerified account @FalconsKelsey 12m12 minutes ago

Listening to #Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff’s interview on @929TheGame this morning, Dimitroff says now with Matt Ryan’s contract done, the focus turns to getting new deals for 2 guys: Jake Matthews and Grady Jarrett.

0 replies 1 retweet 1 like 

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Listening to #Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff’s interview on @929TheGame this morning, Dimitroff says now with Matt Ryan’s contract done, the focus turns to getting new deals for 2 guys: Jake Matthews and Grady Jarrett.

I can understand folks wanting us to go into FA and grab some decent players, but we CANNOT lose dudes like Grady. He's more valuable than nearly anything out there in FA. Gotta keep Debo, Neal, and Vic as well. Matthews also needs some dough just because good O-linemen are hard to find. 

FA might be a little dry for the Falcons for a few seasons, but I'd rather use the money to pay the awesome talent we already have.

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I can understand folks wanting us to go into FA and grab some decent players, but we CANNOT lose dudes like Grady. He's more valuable than nearly anything out there in FA. Gotta keep Debo, Neal, and Vic as well. Matthews also needs some dough just because good O-linemen are hard to find. 

FA might be a little dry for the Falcons for a few seasons, but I'd rather use the money to pay the awesome talent we already have.

That's the thing, for the foreseeable future the FA period is going to be much  like this past one. They are not gonna be active at all - they are gonna focus on signing their own players.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Sidebar.  Bertrand Berry had a  sports radio show out here in Phoenix until recently, and he was one of the most un-listenable guys in the media - any media.  Worse yet, he was tight with Hugh Douglas and had him on the show regularly.  At first I thought, 'Great, I'll get some fresh Falcons takes despite living clear across the country.'

My mistake.  When you put two morons together, the whole is much, much less than the sum of the parts.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Kelsey ConwayVerified account @FalconsKelsey 12m12 minutes ago

Listening to #Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff’s interview on @929TheGame this morning, Dimitroff says now with Matt Ryan’s contract done, the focus turns to getting new deals for 2 guys: Jake Matthews and Grady Jarrett.

Music to my ears. Also have Levitre, Coleman, Allen, and Hardy coming up next year. Safe to say most of those 4 are gone. Levitre is a goner. I like Hardy and but he's probably a goner too. We could probably keep one between Allen and Coleman. Will be interesting to see how Kazee and Smith do this year - could dictate which (if either) we choose to try and re-sign.

Edited by jfalconsp
stizz likes this

22 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Its really the safe and probably the smart way to go if you think more than this season. Got to keep the core players, develop your rookies and 2nd year players, and hopefully that continuity and veterans will get them a championship. Yea I'd like a big time free agent in a position of need, but no guarantee that guy is out there that fits what they are trying to do. That chemistry that team personality can be tricky to maintain, but think continuity for this team right now is good. 

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

So we are going to be around $5-6 mil under the cap after Toilolo's money comes off and all rookies are signed? Might not be possible but we need to rollover every penny. We are now only like $40 mil under the cap for 2020 with Jarrett, Matthews, Debo, Beasley, Neal, Campbell, Coleman, Hooper all-unsigned and only around 22 under contract. Not sure how those numbers work unless we backload all of the contracts.

Peyton likes this

46 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

That's the thing, for the foreseeable future the FA period is going to be much  like this past one. They are not gonna be active at all - they are gonna focus on signing their own players.

Good.

After all, that's how you can keep winning in the NFL. Drafting and not needing to OVERpay FA.

1 hour ago, ket222 said:

wish 680 would stop talking so much baseball  I immediately tune out   also tune out when 92.9 FM talks soccer or Hawks (until they stop sucking, I'll jump on bandwagon then).  I know these stations sponsor those different sports (680 for baseball for instance), but it just makes me angry hearing 680 talk braves right after the nfl draft or big nfl game.  also what's the point of having lawyers on unless there is a SPECIFIC legal issue facing sports (ie only occasionally)

Love Mike Bell

Should start tuning in then, cause Atlanta United is kicking ***

3 hours ago, Statick said:

I totally forgot we signed Bethel.

same. Add him, the new kid from Yale and Gage to the ST...WAY better. We're really deep all around except DL pretty much. Even the OL has depth...

anygivensunday11 likes this